X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married and maiden name

I am a bit concerned as my Settled application.
    i arrived in the Uk in 1984 and my passport was and is in my maiden name.
    in 1987 I got married to a British citizen and adopted the married surname.
    my query is that my passport says my maiden name all the other documents will be in my married surname?
    How do I put this into the app?
    how can I prove I am the same person?
    i would be grateful for any advice.
    thank you

Originally posted by Cinzia View Post
    I am a bit concerned as my Settled application.
    i arrived in the Uk in 1984 and my passport was and is in my maiden name.
    in 1987 I got married to a British citizen and adopted the married surname.
    my query is that my passport says my maiden name all the other documents will be in my married surname?
    How do I put this into the app?
    how can I prove I am the same person?
    i would be grateful for any advice.
    thank you
    This is a very common situation and the Settlement scheme application asks the applicant if they are known by other names.

This post explains what to do: How residence is assessed by the system - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I hope this helps.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thanks for the info...any chance to use the android app and still being able to use both names?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cinzia View Post
        Thanks for the info...any chance to use the android app and still being able to use both names?
        Thanks
        Sorry, I do not understand what you mean, the fact you are known by two names does not affect the fact you can apply via the android app.

Here is an explanatory video of the process which you might find useful.

https://www.facebook.com/ECinUK/videos/2433762510201758/?sfnsn=mo

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
        X