Announcement

Collapse

UPDATE

The EU Settlement Scheme ID check app is now available on iPhone: https://www.forum.ukcen.com/resource...ble-for-iphone
See more
See less

Pre Settled Status Application

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AUCOUPLE View Post
    Hi Aron F , thank you for your replies they have been very informative, I am also interested to know if a short trip is sufficient for a pre settled application.
    also, in your document, it does not stipulate a delay in negotiations, which seems to be the most likely scenario given that the Government has passed in the Benn Act? does this most likely mean that there will be a 3 month extension to the ''pre settled'' application window, or will the application still switch to Euro TLR Scheme in the interim (given the delay).

thank you

I have moved your post back to your own thread to avoid confusion on the other thread.

This is the link to the document in question: Link
    I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Aron F Would you be able to comment on the above?
      I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Tim M (lawyer) could you be able to comment on the above?
        I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

whether or not the departure date is extended or not, pre Settled Status will still be open until 2020

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim M View Post
            whether or not the departure date is extended or not, pre Settled Status will still be open until 2020
            Tim M I think the question here (as this post came from another thread) is more about whether a short trip is enough to apply for pre-settled status; a number of people who can't move here lock, stock and barrel before the end of the month, are interested in establishing UK residence before the end of October deadline in case we leave with no deal, so would it be possible to apply for pre-settled without having moved here fully? I assume they'd have to return within 6 months or else they'd miss their chance to apply for settled status in 5 years. What's your view on this?

Comment

they can apply for pre Settled Status online as soon as they are in the UK

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Other articles

Collapse

Loading Calendar...
              Loading Calendar...
              Working...
              X