Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Dependancy for parents in the application

Hi
    I am filling out the EUSS family permit application. There is a question if the applicant is financially dependant, and if it is how much money is receiving.
    Please could you help what is the correct way to answer this question as dependancy is assumed?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Alexandria View Post
    Hi
    I am filling out the EUSS family permit application. There is a question if the applicant is financially dependant, and if it is how much money is receiving.
    Please could you help what is the correct way to answer this question as dependancy is assumed?
    Thanks
    Hi,

The topic was discussed quite extensively, with input from our lawyers, on this thread: EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit - Mother Application - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I am quoting below the more relevant posts from that thread, obviously every case is different, if you still have any queries about your particular case (which may not be the same as this one), do post them up.

Originally posted by OneMoreEuropean View Post
      Good evening and happy Sunday. Regarding my previous point, when they ask "Does she rely on me for financial support"? And she clicks yes, a sub-section opens up asking for the amount of monthly transfers that I make. I have only sent her money once so far (last month), but that doesn't mean I won't be providing her support once she comes to the UK - so that option does't seem too accurate anymore given that they ask for a recurring transfer record. If she chooses no, there is a free field on which she can make notes and maybe address that I will be providing support when she is here? Sorry to ask again, but it's confusing.
      Originally posted by Tim M View Post
      I'm not sure. If you do provide financial support then tick yes and then explain more in detail in the addit info section of the form and covering letter
      Ok, thank you. As I said before, currently that's not the case but I do intend to offer her support when she comes to the UK.

I thought I didn't need a cover letter for the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit - I thought that was for the EEA Family Permit which is much more comprehensive in terms of requirements.

As per the EU SS Family Permit guidelines:

Dependent parent: You must be satisfied, including by the required evidence of family relationship, that the applicant is the direct relative in the ascending line of the relevant EEA citizen or of their spouse or civil partner (see family members of a relevant EEA citizen). This includes a grandparent or great-grandparent or an adoptive parent of an adopted child. Their dependency on the relevant EEA citizen (where the relevant EEA citizen is 18 years old or older) or on the spouse or civil partner is assumed, and the applicant is not required to provide evidence of this. The required evidence of family relationship is either: • a relevant document issued on the basis of the relevant family relationship • the full birth certificate or certificates, for example, a birth certificate recognised in the UK or the Islands which records the name of the mother and (where registered) the father • another document or documents which you are satisfied evidences that the applicant is the direct relative in the ascending line of the relevant EEA citizen or of their spouse or civil partner.
      That makes sense, thanks very much! But my doubt remains on the binary answer of yes or no, given that I haven't been sending her money in monthly basis, and they specifically ask for a monthly amount.

You suggest stating no, and sending a cover letter saying that I will offer her support when she gets to the UK?
      Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
      If you have been sending her money, even if not every month, then an average monthly figure could be worked out from that and explained in the letter, if that hasn't been the case, then, as you say above, you can say no and explain that, so far, you've only sent her money as a one off but, once she moves to the UK, she will have to rely on your support as she wouldn't have enough funds of her own (at least that was my understanding from posts above).

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I would like to add that she ended up clicking no, as I haven't been sending her money on regular basis in the past. There are other people on the forum that have clicked no and have been successful given that dependency is assumed. I just highlighted the fact that dependency is assumed and proof is not required in the cover letter, hopefully it suffices. She did click that she will be staying with me, as it is the case. I hope this helps you.

Comment

Thank you so much ! Very helpful ! Thank you

Comment

Hi All,
            we’ve submitted the application for my mother in law but still waiting

Comment

Hi All,
              we’ve submitted the application for my mother in law but still waiting
              Hi Alexandria I have moved your new post to this thread so we all know what application you are referring to. From what I can see above, the application must have been submitted around a month ago, so it may be necessary to wait a bit longer.

Comment

Hi All

just a quick update.
                I’ve contacted Uk Visa and Immigration last week as the average time to process applications from the location where she did apply is 3 weeks.
                I’ve been told that the decision has been made and passport should be sent any time now. Still until today , the documents and passport are not returned to the visa application centre( still with the decision making centre).
                I called again today, and I have been told that they will escalate the case as they are still keeping her documents snd passport.
                Any of you, have any experience with case escalations? Also, do you have any idea why they are not sending her passport yet?
                Many thanks to all of you

Comment

Hi All

just a quick update.
                  I’ve contacted Uk Visa and Immigration last week as the average time to process applications from the location where she did apply is 3 weeks.
                  I’ve been told that the decision has been made and passport should be sent any time now. Still until today , the documents and passport are not returned to the visa application centre( still with the decision making centre).
                  I called again today, and I have been told that they will escalate the case as they are still keeping her documents snd passport.
                  Any of you, have any experience with case escalations? Also, do you have any idea why they are not sending her passport yet?
                  Many thanks to all of you
                  Hi,

I recall a similar case on the forum, will try to locate the thread, their application took time but was successful in the end. One really can't believe those quoted processing times.

Comment

Thank you ! I am thinking that the documents are lost and not sure what to do next.
                    I was thinking contacting our MP, but as we are due to have elections, not sure who to contact☹️.
                    I am open to suggestions and ideas.
                    Thanks

Comment

Thank you ! I am thinking that the documents are lost and not sure what to do next.
                      There is no reason to assume they were lost, as I said above, I recall a very similar experience, where they were also told the decision had been made yet they waited quite a bit for the passport with the permit, but they eventually got it.

I was thinking contacting our MP, but as we are due to have elections, not sure who to contact☹️.
                      I am open to suggestions and ideas.
                      Thanks
                      It's not possible to contact MPs during the period before an election, since they may no longer be MPs after the election. Hopefully you will get the passport before then.

Comment

Hello lovely people,
                        no passport or documents yet!
                        I’ve been told that they have 15 working days to provide a response.
                        I’ve used this number elephone: 00 44 203 4811736
                        they cannot really provide more details apart from suggesting to wait.
                        Does any of you have any other contact number or email that I can use? i am really desperate to have her over for Christmas.
                        Please if any if you or if lawyers have any suggestions do let me know .
                        Thank you !

Comment

Would logging a complain help?
                          Does anyone have any experience with that?
                          Thanks

Comment

Would logging a complain help?
                            Does anyone have any experience with that?
                            Thanks
                            Let's wait for one of our lawyers to respond.

Aron F (lawyer) Would you have any suggestions?

Comment

Hi All,
                              I’ve submitted a complain.
                              2 days after the complain I’ve received an email confirming that the decision was made first week in November !!! Cannot believe that they keep important documents for so long. Apparently I should receive an email from the visa application centre with dhl tracking number. Again, waiting for this as well, even though ukvi confirmed that the passport is not in uk ?
                              Anyone had their passport delivered without tracking and an email from visa application centre?

Comment

Working...
                              X