Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Non EEa spouse

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Non EEa spouse

Hi i am engaged with a morrocan lady which I intend to bring here. I plan to marry her this year. How difficult is to bring her here, what are the steps?
    Can I bring her here as my partner if we are still not married yet?
    What evidence they need to give her a visa.
    I am renting my own flat, I have PR since last year and can support her financially. I visited her once, I can prove with visa from passport. I am Romanian. What is the fastest and cheapest way to bring her here to live with me please?

Thank you

Olga M (lawyer) Would it be possible to obtain a family permit for an unmarried partner without having lived together?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I would say it would be very difficult to get family permit as unmarried partner. I would be possible if couple have a child together or have lived together before EEA national moved to the UK.

I am an Immigration Adviser and Director with Spectrum Visas LTD, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide immigration advice and services. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Olga M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Olga M View Post
        I would say it would be very difficult to get family permit as unmarried partner. I would be possible if couple have a child together or have lived together before EEA national moved to the UK.
        Sorry if am I married but with Morrocan papers they are valid in UK, then how long/hard will be to bring her here as my spouse?

Thank you miss Olga

Comment

Originally posted by Sir George View Post

Sorry if am I married but with Morrocan papers they are valid in UK, then how long/hard will be to bring her here as my spouse?

Thank you miss Olga
          Olga M Am I right in saying a Moroccan marriage certificate would be accepted?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Apologize for taking long to reply, for some reason notifications go to spam so I did not see them straight away.

If it is legally recognized marriage in Morocco according to the domestic law and procedures it would be accepted in the UK.

Once you get married you would be able to apply for EEA family permit. As your marriage would be recent, you may need to prepare a little bit more evidence of your relationship i.e. traveling to spend time with your partner, maybe money transfers if any, holidays together etc., they do not usually want to see pictures of the couple. Any additional evidence of the relationship prior marriage would be of benefit.

I am an Immigration Adviser and Director with Spectrum Visas LTD, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide immigration advice and services. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Olga M for full details.

Comment

Thank you for you reply! I have Facebook conversations as proof and pictures with us and my Morrocan entry which will be 2 times is that any good or I need more proof?

Thank you miss Olga
              George

Comment

Thank you for you reply! I have Facebook conversations as proof and pictures with us and my Morrocan entry which will be 2 times is that any good or I need more proof?

Thank you miss Olga
                George
                Olga M Hope it's not going to spam, I've also had that problem very often with emails, while the actual spam lands in my inbox!

Comment

Thank you miss Olga
                  George
                  It could be sufficient, it all depends on the circumstances.
                  It is from my experience that when spouse applies for EEA family permit shortly after getting married, UKVI may suspect marriage of convenience to gain access to the UK and therefore I always advise clients to provide some additional documents, as I mentioned above, to show that it is a genuine relationship.
                  I am not saying that they will accuse you, but it is always better to be well prepared as burden of proof is on the applicant.

Hope it helps

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thank you
                      Best of luck and do keep us posted!

Comment

Thank you so much, next step is the citizenship in july

Comment

Thank you so much, next step is the citizenship in july
                          Have you already got settled status?

You should also be aware of the potential impact of citizenship on the family member you wish to sponsor, as noted here: Potential impact on family members

...where you'll find:

EEA nationals who naturalise after the the family member has pre-settled status

Even though pre-settled status allows the family member to live in the UK and enjoy full rights for 5 years, the holder is meant to apply for settled status once they have lived here, and been in a relationship with the family member, for 5 years. People with pre-settled status need to submit a new application for settled status, this time showing evidence of residence for 5 years. If the EEA national has naturalised in the meantime, then the family member will be required to use the paper form to apply for settled status, which requires supplying all the evidence above. The same paper form is used to apply for pre-settled and settled status.
                          In a nutshell, the application for a family member of an EEA national who has acquired British citizenship is considerably more complex, the copy of the paper form I have here for this purpose has over 40 pages!

Comment

Uhlala but if I with settled status bring her here after marriage as a family member but still having Romanian passport will be easier?

Thank you Miss

Comment

Uhlala but if I with settled status bring her here after marriage as a family member but still having Romanian passport will be easier?

Thank you Miss
                              The above refers to dual UK/EEA nationals, that is, those who retain their original EEA citizenship. If an EEA national lost their citizenship to become British, then they wouldn't be able to sponsor their family member under the EUSS at all, they'd need to go down the (ob$cenely expen$$$ive and extremely complex) spousal visa route!

So the above already assumes you still have your Romanian citizenship after becoming British, it doesn't make it easier, it makes it possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X