Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

Question about settled status after nine years out of the UK

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations.

im just wandering if getting status was straightforward or there was a need of postings some extra documents/ proof of residency
    I just realised that I might have problems to proof 5 years of continuous residency even though I lived there so long, but financially relying on my partner so not really working. Most of the bills on his name, I’m probably just on council tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Leyla76 View Post

Congratulations.

im just wandering if getting status was straightforward or there was a need of postings some extra documents/ proof of residency
      I just realised that I might have problems to proof 5 years of continuous residency even though I lived there so long, but financially relying on my partner so not really working. Most of the bills on his name, I’m probably just on council tax.
      Ladyinred

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Hi there, I have been told by EUSS that the abovementioned scenario is not possible and that even for a PSS application, the expenditure incurred would need to be done on a UK bank account, is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Naselandet View Post
          Hi there, I have been told by EUSS that the abovementioned scenario is not possible and that even for a PSS application, the expenditure incurred would need to be done on a UK bank account, is this correct?
          I am not sure this is correct. In my opinion, if a person has a bank account in a foreign country and uses this card to buy or make other transactions when they are present in the UK, as long as the bank statements say that the transactions were made in an UK shop or other service outlet, then the evidence is clear to demonstrate presence in the UK. Do you agree Tim M (lawyer)

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

the guidance does not state that transactions need to be made by a UK bank account. It is important to read exactly what the guidance says "These documents count as evidence for one month if they have a single date on them. They can be used to cover a longer period of time if they have a start and end date covering longer than a month.
            • bank statement showing payments received or spending in the UK"

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

EU Settlement Scheme: evidence of UK residence - GOV.UK

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim M View Post
                the guidance does not state that transactions need to be made by a UK bank account. It is important to read exactly what the guidance says "These documents count as evidence for one month if they have a single date on them. They can be used to cover a longer period of time if they have a start and end date covering longer than a month.
                • bank statement showing payments received or spending in the UK"
                Thank you Tim.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Naselandet
                  I've responded on your thread with suggestions regarding how to show the year when the boarding pass hasn't got it, thanks to another member. Regarding this specific issue, if you are happy to send me a private message with your application details, I can contact them and ask them about this issue, that's how I found out about the boarding passes, when one of our members reported it wasn't accepted, despite it being on the list of documents, so I contacted them and they said it was because it didn't have the year.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Hi Site Admin this has now been reiterated to me by two EUSS resolution centre workers today based on their supposed belief that British bank statements show somehow better than the expenditure was incurred in the UK (!!?!?!) needless to say I am beyond words here. I can drop you a message, but others should also be aware.

Comment

Hi Site Admin this has now been reiterated to me by two EUSS resolution centre workers today based on their supposed belief that British bank statements show somehow better than the expenditure was incurred in the UK (!!?!?!) needless to say I am beyond words here. I can drop you a message, but others should also be aware.
                      Morning,

The point is that we need clarification from the EUSS team as we got regarding boarding passes, the people who man the phones at the resolution centre are not the most senior ones, I usually contact the head of caseworkers who then passes on the queries to a senior caseworker. If they are only going to accept UK bank accounts, this should be made clear.

Comment

Hi Site Admin I have dropped you a message. Waiting for the airline to provide me a certificate.

Comment

Hi Site Admin I have dropped you a message. Waiting for the airline to provide me a certificate.
                          Morning,

Any updates?

Comment

Site Admin Hello there, unfortunately not. I uploaded what the airliner provided but no luck hearing back. I am still very confused about the bank statement matter and their insistence on UK bank account as Transferwise is regulated by the Financial Conduct Agency but I guess this is just a matter of managing anxiety and waiting.

Comment

Site Admin Hello there, unfortunately not. I uploaded what the airliner provided but no luck hearing back. I am still very confused about the bank statement matter and their insistence on UK bank account as Transferwise is regulated by the Financial Conduct Agency but I guess this is just a matter of managing anxiety and waiting.
                              Hello again,

Ah, so this is the thread where you asked the question about statements! I've just posted the answer on your other thread, which I can't find.

In a nutshell, I have received a response from the Home Office as follows:

I can confirm that ordinarily we should accept the bank statements in question. However, without further information we cannot comment on why a request for further evidence has been made on a particular case. We would say, however, that applicants to the scheme only need to evidence that they, or their EEA family member, was resident in the UK for the relevant period. If definite UK transactions were evidenced on the bank statements then they should have been accepted. If, however, the evidence did not support the residency claim then the caseworker would invite the applicant to upload further evidence.

The list of evidence that can be provided is not exhaustive and will be taken into account, with each application being treated on its own merits. The ethos of the scheme is to adopt a more pragmatic response when deciding an application and I am sorry if this has not been the case here.

Feedback will be provided to all case working teams to ensure this information is cascaded, to avoid similar situations going forward.
                              So it looks like they should accept the bank statements even if they were from non UK accounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X