Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE EUSS FAMILY PERMIT (SPOUSE & CHILD)

I am a European citizen who reside in the United Kingdom and I recently received my pre settlement letter. I have a wife and a child that lives back in home in Somalia, we got married in 2015 and my son was born in 2016.

I have been asking different lawyers for information on the requirements of me to be eligible and some say I have to prove I am currently working etc. I have all the documents for our relationship. I have also looked at the Euss family permit application myself and it became quite complex and I really don’t want to risk anything without the proper knowledge especially when the deadline is near.

I’d appreciate any valid advice on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Mahamed H. Ahmed

Originally posted by Mammedh View Post
    I am a European citizen who reside in the United Kingdom and I recently received my pre settlement letter. I have a wife and a child that lives back in home in Somalia, we got married in 2015 and my son was born in 2016.

I have been asking different lawyers for information on the requirements of me to be eligible and some say I have to prove I am currently working etc.
    Hello,

In a nutshell, there are two kinds of family permits, the EEA family permit does have certain criteria regarding the sponsor having to exercise treaty rights if living in the UK, so I'm assuming this was the permit they were referring to.

However, as you now have pre-settled status, they should be able to apply for an EU Settlement family permit, which does not have these requirements.

I have all the documents for our relationship. I have also looked at the Euss family permit application myself and it became quite complex and I really don’t want to risk anything without the proper knowledge especially when the deadline is near.

I’d appreciate any valid advice on this matter.
    Please note that there is no deadline for close family members, which include spouses and children, to join their sponsor in the UK provided the sponsor already has EUSS status, if the relationship (i.e. marriage) was already in place at the end of this year.

From what you say above, this shouldn't be an issue, and the application for the EUSS family permit is quite straightforward.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

You may want to look here: EUSS Family permit

...where we have:
      Requirements to apply

the family member must be outside the UK;
      the EEA national must have settled or pre-settled status;
      the EEA national is in the UK already or travelling with the family member to the UK within 6 months of the application date.
      ...and:

Evidence

valid passport;
      evidence of relationship, such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate;
      proof of dependency for children or grandchildren over 21;
      EEA family member’s EU Settlement Scheme application number.
      As noted above, if the child is over 21, there would be special requirements, including proof of dependency, but these do not apply if they are still under 21.

Hope this helps, if you have any specific questions about the application, kindly post them up here.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the response and clarification. From what I read, I do have all the evidence that is pointed out from you and my child is under 21. So now my other question is, could you refer me a an affordable legal representative that can take on my case to get a successful application.

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the response and clarification. From what I read, I do have all the evidence that is pointed out from you and my child is under 21. So now my other question is, could you refer me a an affordable legal representative that can take on my case to get a successful application.

Thank you
          Morning,

Many people manage to make the application without the need to instruct a lawyer, however, if you wish to get in touch with one, we do have a team of lawyers who volunteer for the forum and also offer private legal advice and representation. Such services are off-the-forum and would need to be agreed privately, you will find their details here: Lawyers

You may contact them directly and get them to quote you. These days, the should all be able to advise remotely.

Comment

Hello there, after 6 months of my euss family permit application I decided to make a paid call to enquirer about the the process and I received this email attached. Can you please care to explain what it means. Thank you

Comment

Hello there, after 6 months of my euss family permit application I decided to make a paid call to enquirer about the the process and I received this email attached. Can you please care to explain what it means. Thank you
              This is the usual pre-prepared response with apologies from the Home Office, nothing to be concerned about, this just tells us they are *still* processing the application (or more likely, they have a backlog of applications and they have not managed to keep the standard deadline of the 6 months). They seem to write the same text for all those who enquire after 6 months from the submission of the application, regardless of whether their application is actually complex or not. From what I can read above, and I can see also you have enquired about a possible private consultation with a lawyer, there is nothing to be worried about, it is just a matter to be patient and wait for the results of the application. Only in case of refusal, I would personally engage with an immigration lawyer.

What you could do in the meantime is write to your local MP and see if he/she can be of any help in speeding up the application. Here is where you can find the email address of your MP, please remember - if you write to your MP at the end of the email put your full name, address, and postcode Please Wait... | Cloudflare

Do you agree Site Admin ?

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

This is the usual pre-prepared response with apologies from the Home Office, nothing to be concerned about, this just tells us they are *still* processing the application (or more likely, they have a backlog of applications and they have not managed to keep the standard deadline of the 6 months). They seem to write the same text for all those who enquire after 6 months from the submission of the application, regardless of whether their application is actually complex or not. From what I can read above, and I can see also you have enquired about a possible private consultation with a lawyer, there is nothing to be worried about, it is just a matter to be patient and wait for the results of the application. Only in case of refusal, I would personally engage with an immigration lawyer.

What you could do in the meantime is write to your local MP and see if he/she can be of any help in speeding up the application. Here is where you can find the email address of your MP, please remember - if you write to your MP at the end of the email put your full name, address, and postcode Please Wait... | Cloudflare

Do you agree Site Admin ?
                I agree! It is the usual generic response that really says very little and doesn't give any indication as to the reasons for the delay, this tends to be their standard response.

Comment

Hello, good news My family have received their EUSS visa. I have one question, the country ( Ethiopia ) they’re in is red listed and I was thinking to fly them to Kenya since it’s removed from the red list in order for the to stay there 14 day’s and then fly from straight to London without having them to stay in a government hotel to quarantine. My question, Is it possible for them to depart from a different country rather than the actual country where the application was submitted?

Thank you

Comment

What do you think about my question Site Admin ?

Comment

Hello, good news My family have received their EUSS visa. I have one question, the country ( Ethiopia ) they’re in is red listed and I was thinking to fly them to Kenya since it’s removed from the red list in order for the to stay there 14 day’s and then fly from straight to London without having them to stay in a government hotel to quarantine. My question, Is it possible for them to depart from a different country rather than the actual country where the application was submitted?

Thank you
                      Tim M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on whether this is possible? Obviously from the UK side of things, we wouldn't be able to comment on the Kenyan side.

Comment

Tim M any chance you could comment on my question please?

Comment

Thank you
                          Melissa V (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on whether they can fly from a different country?

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't matter where the person departs from as long as they have the permit to enable them to enter the UK.

I am a Solicitor and Head of Immigration at Wells Burcombe Solicitors LLP, a firm Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA No. 488294. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Melissa V for full details.

Comment

Working...
                            X