Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query COA for EEA nationals - Settle Status

Hello,
    I have dual nationality (Italian/Argentinian). I applied for Settle Status and got a COA letter 5 days after the online form was submitted.
    My understanding is that EEA-nationals get a response shortly after the submission but I'm still waiting for a conclusion. Is this normal? As I haven't found other posts of EEA-nationals receiving a COA with no conclusive response.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by cecitab View Post
    Hello,
    I have dual nationality (Italian/Argentinian). I applied for Settle Status and got a COA letter 5 days after the online form was submitted.
    My understanding is that EEA-nationals get a response shortly after the submission but I'm still waiting for a conclusion. Is this normal? As I haven't found other posts of EEA-nationals receiving a COA with no conclusive response.
    Thanks!
    Some applications take longer than others, and the CoA is sent out as a matter of routine to applicants, just as confirmation, but only non EEA nationals need it, for example, to show they have the right to work.

The reason non EEA applications often take longer is because, in addition to residence, they also have to assess relationship to the EEA national, which is an extra step.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X