Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

EEA Family Permit Under the Surinder Singh

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referred to Lawyer EEA Family Permit Under the Surinder Singh

Hello. I would like some advice in regards to my husbands application. I am an British Citizen living and working in France with my non EU husband (Has a French Residence Card). I have been living in France since 2016. We applied online for the EEA family permit (Surinder Singh) but couldn't get an appointment due to the Lock down.

We would have applied during summer however due to covid-19 my husband's renewed residence card has not arrived. Lockdown will end on 2nd December and we would try to book an appointment for the EEA family permit and submit supporting documents online, my question is for example if we receive an EEA family permit in middle of December can we travel with that permit after 31st December 2020? I am confused due to the transition period.

Thanks

Originally posted by Sel View Post
    Hello. I would like some advice in regards to my husbands application. I am an British Citizen living and working in France with my non EU husband (Has a French Residence Card). I have been living in France since 2016. We applied online for the EEA family permit (Surinder Singh) but couldn't get an appointment due to the Lock down.

We would have applied during summer however due to covid-19 my husband's renewed residence card has not arrived. Lockdown will end on 2nd December and we would try to book an appointment for the EEA family permit and submit supporting documents online, my question is for example if we receive an EEA family permit in middle of December can we travel with that permit after 31st December 2020? I am confused due to the transition period.

Thanks

Hello,

Family permits are valid for 6 months from the date they are issued, this validity is not affected by the end of the transition period.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thank you very much. For example if we cannot get an appointment before the 31st December 2020. Are there any other options? Because I have read that EEA family permits under the Surinder Singh will end on 31st December 2020?

Comment

Louis M (lawyer) Would you know if this is actually the case? I had a meeting with the Home Office this afternoon, unfortunately this was earlier than the question above, I asked about unmarried partners and they said they would be able to apply for an EEA family permit until the end of June, is that the case also with Surinder Singh? I can't see anything about this on the government page.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Any information please?

Comment

Any information please?
            The question was posted on Friday evening and it is now Monday afternoon. Since our lawyers are all volunteers on this forum, we usually allow for at least 2 working days before expecting a response. In this case it has not yet been a full working day since the question was posted.

This would be the same if a person was to send an email to a lawyer on a Friday evening I suppose.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Oh ok sorry. No problem

Comment

Hello again. I also have another question.

1) I have been married 4 years. How many payslips and bank statements do I have to provide? For example I have been working since June 2019.

2) How many payslips and bank statements do you think is needed in my husbands name? (My husband is the non EU applicant).

I have to translate so many documents to English which will cost a lot. I have Rent letters since July 2019 and bills. Before that date we lived with family and friends so no bills in our names and I will ask them to write a letter stating that we lived with them and etc. But we have normal letters in our names sent to those addresses however I don't know how many letters proof of address is needed for example during 2016,2017,2018 year?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, I am not aware of any particular provisions. I would guess that the Surinder Singh would also have the same deadline of June 2021, in the absence of anything to the contrary

I am an immigration solicitor regulated by the Law Society of England and Wales.  I work at Truth Legal Solicitors where I am Head of Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Louis M for full details.

Comment

Dear Louis. Thank you for the information. I researched a lot but I couldn't find anything about the Surinder Singh deadline and I was getting worried that deadline is on 31st December 2020z As now there is a lock down in France so we are waiting for everywhere to open. I am glad that deadline is of June 2021.
                    Last edited by Sel; 10-11-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Does anyone else have an idea for my previous answer please regards to the documents? I will be happy if anyone can help.

Comment

Hello again. I also have another question.

1) I have been married 4 years. How many payslips and bank statements do I have to provide? For example I have been working since June 2019.

2) How many payslips and bank statements do you think is needed in my husbands name? (My husband is the non EU applicant).

I have to translate so many documents to English which will cost a lot. I have Rent letters since July 2019 and bills. Before that date we lived with family and friends so no bills in our names and I will ask them to write a letter stating that we lived with them and etc. But we have normal letters in our names sent to those addresses however I don't know how many letters proof of address is needed for example during 2016,2017,2018 year?

Thanks
                        You will find the required documents here: Apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to join family in the UK - GOV.UK

where they have:

Both you and your British family member must provide documents proving that you’ve genuinely made your home in another EEA country. The documents must show:
                        • that you’ve lived together in the other EEA country
                        • your addresses
                        • time spent living at each address
                        • any proof of renting or buying a home
                        You must also provide proof that your British family member was working, self-employed, self-sufficient or studying in the EEA country where you’ve lived together.

Examples of proof include employer’s letters, wage slips, contracts, bank statements, proof of tax registration, or proof of enrolment and attendance for study.
                        Please note that it is the British citizen sponsor that needs to show they were exercising treaty rights, rather than the non EU family member.

Comment

Yes I have checked the website before. Thank you for your reply. But because I have been living in France for 4 years I am not sure of how many documents I need to include because I started work from 2019? Before that date how many documents would be suitable of proof of address in a year for example?

So for my non EU member husband should I not include his payslips and bank statements? We receive housing benefit into my husband’s bank account.

Sorry for asking a lot of questions. I know that all documents have to be translated to English including payslips. Would bank statements need to be translated to English? Because that would be pricey to translate to English.

Comment

Yes I have checked the website before. Thank you for your reply. But because I have been living in France for 4 years I am not sure of how many documents I need to include because I started work from 2019? Before that date how many documents would be suitable of proof of address in a year for example?

So for my non EU member husband should I not include his payslips and bank statements? We receive housing benefit into my husband’s bank account.

Sorry for asking a lot of questions. I know that all documents have to be translated to English including payslips. Would bank statements need to be translated to English? Because that would be pricey to translate to English.
                            These added question makes me believe that the requirements are not fully understood and it is totally understandable since Surinder Singh applications can be very complex. Because of the complexity of your circumstances, I highly recommend that you consult with a lawyer outside the forum that will be able to guide you with the support you need , we have a number of lawyers who will be able to help. The lawyers do charge a fee for support, guidance and advice provided outside this forum, but will be money well spent since you will be guided fully.

Do you need legal advice? - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Since Louis M has kindly supported in this post I would highly recommend that you contact him for advice outside the forum here are his details:

Louis MacWilliam - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
                            X