Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Applying for settled status after 9 years outside of UK

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    i should write some updates.
    i sent application in the beginning of January. I linked my daughter to my application. I submitted evidence of my 5 years residency choosing the years 2006-2011. One of them was a letter from council tax that from year 2003 up to 2011 I was a council tax payer together with my partner. I also attached few documents but covering short periods.
    Today I have received an email in which they ask me to send a proof for residency between February 2019 to December 2020 and I’m wandering why?
    as I mentioned before I’m not in UK from September 2011, but I visited uk on regular basis, I worked there between 2017-2019 and from August 2020 but mostly remotely so I don’t really need to be there.
    last time in UK I was in October 2019 for a week or so, which I can proof showing transactions on my bank account (like cinema, paying in shops etc.) , but nothing else.
    so what do I do now.
    please help

Comment

Originally posted by Leyla76 View Post
      Hi,
      i should write some updates.
      i sent application in the beginning of January. I linked my daughter to my application. I submitted evidence of my 5 years residency choosing the years 2006-2011. One of them was a letter from council tax that from year 2003 up to 2011 I was a council tax payer together with my partner. I also attached few documents but covering short periods.
      Today I have received an email in which they ask me to send a proof for residency between February 2019 to December 2020 and I’m wandering why?
      as I mentioned before I’m not in UK from September 2011, but I visited uk on regular basis, I worked there between 2017-2019 and from August 2020 but mostly remotely so I don’t really need to be there.
      last time in UK I was in October 2019 for a week or so, which I can proof showing transactions on my bank account (like cinema, paying in shops etc.) , but nothing else.
      so what do I do now.
      please help
      Louis M (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

No any suggestions yet.
        So I called resolution centre. Was lucky to wait just 50 min. I explained my situation and the lady said that it looks that I’m eligible for SS, but she needs to make notes of everything I’m saying and pass it on to case worker.
        I’m waiting again and don’t know how long still.

Comment

No any suggestions yet.
          So I called resolution centre. Was lucky to wait just 50 min. I explained my situation and the lady said that it looks that I’m eligible for SS, but she needs to make notes of everything I’m saying and pass it on to case worker.
          I’m waiting again and don’t know how long still.
          Hello again,

The people who answer the phone are not the caseworkers who make decisions, they can only take details down and forward them on. You'll need to give them some time to go through this. It does sound like you will be granted settled status. If you still have any further issues with this after this communication, do let us know, and I could forward an enquiry to them.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Ok, thank you for your reply.

Comment

Hi, an update of my situation.
              I have just received an email from HO confirming my Settled Status. Feeling so happy now.

my daughter was linked to my application, but nothing for her yet. Will she also receive settled status just because I have it.
              few weeks ago they asked me for evidence for her for 08-12 , 2020 , which I don’t have, as she was not in uk that time. Called them, explaining the situation.
              Will they grant ss to her, or they might still want more evidence ?

Comment

I have just received an email from HO confirming my Settled Status. Feeling so happy now.
                I'm very happy for you!

Comment

my daughter was linked to my application, but nothing for her yet. Will she also receive settled status just because I have it.
                  few weeks ago they asked me for evidence for her for 08-12 , 2020 , which I don’t have, as she was not in uk that time. Called them, explaining the situation.
                  If the application was linked to yours, she should also receive settled status, but obviously they had to make a decision on your application before deciding hers, as it is linked. Should they need further evidence, they would get in touch asking for it.

Comment

Leaving this thread here awaiting daughter's decision to move to successes area.

If you think we have helped, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Brilliant news!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

If the application was linked to yours, she should also receive settled status, but obviously they had to make a decision on your application before deciding hers, as it is linked. Should they need further evidence, they would get in touch asking for it.
                        Hi, i have just received an email , again regarding my daughter. Again they ask for evidence for months June-December 2020.
                        I have already called them in the beginning of February after the same email and I explained that she was last time in UK in October 2019 and I have proof of it. I
                        they say on email that they tried to contact me several times, but there is nothing from them apart from last email and today’s one.
                        it is said that I have 7 days to contact them, I’m trying to call but it is impossible to get connected.
                        Her application is connected to mine and I received SS, so why they still asking evidence from her? Shouldn’t she receive same status as mine?
                        Should I just ignore this email ? But they say that If I don’t contact them her application my be rejected?
                        What should I do now? Any other way to contact them apart from a phone call?

Comment

Hi, i have just received an email , again regarding my daughter. Again they ask for evidence for months June-December 2020.
                          I have already called them in the beginning of February after the same email and I explained that she was last time in UK in October 2019 and I have proof of it. I
                          they say on email that they tried to contact me several times, but there is nothing from them apart from last email and today’s one.
                          it is said that I have 7 days to contact them, I’m trying to call but it is impossible to get connected.
                          Her application is connected to mine and I received SS, so why they still asking evidence from her? Shouldn’t she receive same status as mine?
                          Should I just ignore this email ? But they say that If I don’t contact them her application my be rejected?
                          What should I do now? Any other way to contact them apart from a phone call?
                          Hello again,

It's been a while since you last posted and, in the meantime, I had an online meeting with the Home Office last week, where this issue was clarified, and I have updated this post: Applying for your children - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...to say:

You need to provide proof of your child’s residence if your child started living in the UK before the end of December 2020.

EEA national children who were not living in the UK before this date can still make an application, but there will be a note in the Home Office's records, to say they will not be eligible to sponsor other family members themselves in the future.

This is in accordance with the Withdrawal Agreement.

So that's the reason why they ask for this evidence, they clarified that children who were not living here before the end of last year will still get the same status as their parent's via a linked application, but they need to know whether the child qualifies as an EEA national living here before the end of last year or as a joining family member, as joining family members will not be able to sponsor other family members under the EUSS themselves, even though they will, otherwise, enjoy full rights as the rest of people with settled status.

So you shouldn't just ignore the email, you can also contact them by email via the contact form: EU Settlement Scheme contact form

Comment

Thank you again for explanation. So I don’t need to worry about her, finally she will get same status as mine?

I have called resolution centre and again explained few things and everything looked ok until 3h later when I received this time an sms on my uk number saying
                            “thank you for your recent application to the HO. We require further information and have sent you an email with further details. Please call resolution centre....”

Is this connected to the email I received 3 hours before this sms or again I have to call them?

Comment

Thank you again for explanation. So I don’t need to worry about her, finally she will get same status as mine?
                              Yes, she will, and we had another member in a similar situation whose child also got the settled status, they just need to know which category they fall under, that's why they ask for the evidence, and they didn't last year.

I have called resolution centre and again explained few things and everything looked ok until 3h later when I received this time an sms on my uk number saying
                              “thank you for your recent application to the HO. We require further information and have sent you an email with further details. Please call resolution centre....”

Is this connected to the email I received 3 hours before this sms or again I have to call them?
                              Did they send you another email as well as the text?

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Did they send you another email as well as the text?
                                No, just an sms. No email after it.

Comment

Working...
                                X