Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT NOTICE - TEMPORARY CLOSURE

Please note that this forum will be temporarily closed for posting questions from September 27th till October 7th 2021. This is to allow for planned site maintenance. If you need urgent legal advice, for example, with an appeal, you may consider contacting one of our lawyers. Please note that our lawyers only volunteer on the forum, therefore, if contacted outside the forum, this will attract a fee. We look forward to seeing you all back on the 7th.

See more
See less

Applying for settled status after 9 years outside of UK

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leyla76 View Post

No, just an sms. No email after it.
    Morning,

So it sounds like it all referred to the same email you've already discussed with them.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hello,
      Still no any news regarding my daughter’s status. I understand it takes long, but looking at the fact that I got it and she was linked to my application I thought that it would be straightforward considering the fact that kids gets same status as parent?
      should I start to worry ?

Comment

Hello,
        Still no any news regarding my daughter’s status. I understand it takes long, but looking at the fact that I got it and she was linked to my application I thought that it would be straightforward considering the fact that kids gets same status as parent?
        should I start to worry ?
        Morning,

I have seen this happening often, the parents get their status much quicker than their kids whose applications are linked, probably because it does require a series of extra admin steps on the part of the caseworkers, who also need to look at the evidence of relationship. From what I have seen, most applications made on the basis of family relationship as opposed to own residence do seem to take considerably longer. In your case, it's just a birth certificate to look at, but some involve court orders, adoption papers, DNA tests, etc. which end up taking more of a caseworkers' time. So there's nothing to worry about, it's just admin overload at the other end.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hello,
          so another month passed and still have not received any decision regarding my daughter application.
          Is this normal? Why is taking so long?
          I have sent an email to resolution centre but response is just kind of general one saying

Your case is currently under consideration. You will be notified if any additional information is required or when a decision is made.

is there anything else that I can do apart from waiting?

Comment

Hello,
            so another month passed and still have not received any decision regarding my daughter application.
            Is this normal? Why is taking so long?
            I have sent an email to resolution centre but response is just kind of general one saying

Your case is currently under consideration. You will be notified if any additional information is required or when a decision is made.

is there anything else that I can do apart from waiting?
            Morning,

As they allow up to 6 months to process all applications, there isn't much that can be done until it's been 6 months since the application was made. They have said I could contact them on behalf of members who have been waiting more than 6 months, and I've done so on several occasions, but until then, I'm afraid all you can do is contact the resolution centre and/or wait.

Comment

Once again, thank you for all your help. Finally my daughter’s SS has come. You can add me to another success story.

Comment

Once again, thank you for all your help. Finally my daughter’s SS has come. You can add me to another success story.
                This is amazing news! Well done!

If you think we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so we can carry on helping others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                X