Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

Settled status after 9 years out of the UK

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Settled status after 9 years out of the UK

Had a successful settled status application! Thank you Ukcen Team for help!

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
    Hello,

This is very good news indeed, especially in view of the fact you hadn't lived in the UK for the last nine years and were relying on regular visits to show not having lost the status, as per this other thread: Question about settled status after nine years out of the UK - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I'd been waiting to hear from someone in these circumstances, so happy for you!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

If you think we have helped, you may consider supporting us so we can help others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
        Congratulations!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Copied here to the EUSS area as I always come looking for it here.

Comment

Congratulations first of all for this case. I am in a similar position and I have posted a new topic in the forum about my case. I had not found this thread when I posted it, sorry for the double work. Today, I phoned the EuSS Resolution Centre about my case: My mum EU national with SS (been living in the Uk since 2007) is very elderly and alone (no other family member in UK), and now we are really worried about her health conditions. We have a property in the UK, which we are paying a mortgage on. I, EU national lived in the UK from 2003 to 2011. I was mostly a student, temp and part time worker during this period. My husband an EU national was a student, and then fully employed, then self employed. I have collected as much evidence of the whole period I lived in the UK -letter from University, council tax, mortgage annual statement, -(although some years are missing but I am hoping the bank will provide all the mortgage annual statements), some P60 (others got lost and my employer at the time does not keep recorders going that far). We left the UK because of the financial crisis, my husband lost his job and only found a new position in Zurich Switzerland, but Nottingham remained our "home". We went back yearly sometimes once or twice, except one year, I think 2015 (have to confirm my records) and 2020 due to COVID-19. I work in a school in Switzerland and due to mum being in the vulnerable group it was very risky to travel last year, or unlawful to visit the UK without quarantine. I was worried I would not be able to quarantine when I returned (by swiss law the employee has the responsibility to ensure they leave enough time to do a quarantine when returning from holidays, in my case my holiday period was too short). My last visit to the UK was late Dec 2019. I talked to the EUSS and they told me that maybe my mortgage statements might be sufficient to apply on my own basis from abroad. If I was rejected I could then apply as "Joining family member of EU with SS (as one of her primary carer). Mum would be my sponsor. I have my Biometric passport and I have down loaded the app. I have also started drafting a cover letter following advice I have read. My questions are:
            Is there enough time to apply on my own grounds, and if refused then re-apply as primary carer joining my elderly mum?
            If I apply on my own grouds, do I have all the flight bookings to the UK since we move to Switzerland, would this be sufficient evidence of travelling to the Uk? or I better look for transactions like shopping in Tesco, Greggs, macDonals etc? - what happens if it there are no transactions for my full stay? e.g. I arrived on 26 March 2016 left on 5 April 2016, but my last transaction was on the 3 April?
            Should I try to get travel entry history from Customs service (I think that is the right authority)? - I understand this is possible but costly.
            Thank you in advance for all your help. Thank you for your volunteer workers, who can significantly change our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by PaoS View Post
              Congratulations first of all for this case. I am in a similar position and I have posted a new topic in the forum about my case. I had not found this thread when I posted it, sorry for the double work. Today, I phoned the EuSS Resolution Centre about my case: My mum EU national with SS (been living in the Uk since 2007) is very elderly and alone (no other family member in UK), and now we are really worried about her health conditions. We have a property in the UK, which we are paying a mortgage on. I, EU national lived in the UK from 2003 to 2011. I was mostly a student, temp and part time worker during this period. My husband an EU national was a student, and then fully employed, then self employed. I have collected as much evidence of the whole period I lived in the UK -letter from University, council tax, mortgage annual statement, -(although some years are missing but I am hoping the bank will provide all the mortgage annual statements), some P60 (others got lost and my employer at the time does not keep recorders going that far). We left the UK because of the financial crisis, my husband lost his job and only found a new position in Zurich Switzerland, but Nottingham remained our "home". We went back yearly sometimes once or twice, except one year, I think 2015 (have to confirm my records) and 2020 due to COVID-19. I work in a school in Switzerland and due to mum being in the vulnerable group it was very risky to travel last year, or unlawful to visit the UK without quarantine. I was worried I would not be able to quarantine when I returned (by swiss law the employee has the responsibility to ensure they leave enough time to do a quarantine when returning from holidays, in my case my holiday period was too short). My last visit to the UK was late Dec 2019. I talked to the EUSS and they told me that maybe my mortgage statements might be sufficient to apply on my own basis from abroad. If I was rejected I could then apply as "Joining family member of EU with SS (as one of her primary carer). Mum would be my sponsor. I have my Biometric passport and I have down loaded the app. I have also started drafting a cover letter following advice I have read. My questions are:
              Is there enough time to apply on my own grounds, and if refused then re-apply as primary carer joining my elderly mum?
              If I apply on my own grouds, do I have all the flight bookings to the UK since we move to Switzerland, would this be sufficient evidence of travelling to the Uk? or I better look for transactions like shopping in Tesco, Greggs, macDonals etc? - what happens if it there are no transactions for my full stay? e.g. I arrived on 26 March 2016 left on 5 April 2016, but my last transaction was on the 3 April?
              Should I try to get travel entry history from Customs service (I think that is the right authority)? - I understand this is possible but costly.
              Thank you in advance for all your help. Thank you for your volunteer workers, who can significantly change our lives.
              Morning,

I have merged your two posts into one single thread to keep them all together, here: Application for Settled Status as primary carer of an elderly, 10 years after leaving the UK - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Working...
              X