Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapply for Pre-settles status

Good day
    I am a German passport holder and have obtained PSS in Dec 2019.
    My intention was to return to my home country for a short while and return with my husband.
    Due to the pandemic and other unforeseen circumstances, this move was delayed and we are only returning on 23rd Dec 2020.

My question is- would I be able to reapply for PSS and if so, how do I do so?
    When my husband applies for his, does he need to use my new PSS unique number (if one is issued) or can he make use of the existing code.

Thank you in advance, your guidance is appreciated.

Originally posted by Wooventurers View Post
    Good day
    I am a German passport holder and have obtained PSS in Dec 2019.
    My intention was to return to my home country for a short while and return with my husband.
    Due to the pandemic and other unforeseen circumstances, this move was delayed and we are only returning on 23rd Dec 2020.

My question is- would I be able to reapply for PSS and if so, how do I do so?
    Afternoon,

The Home Office has confirmed it is possible to re-apply as long as it's before the deadline and you are able to show being here before the end of this year.

You just need to start a new application and provide the required evidence, such as boarding pass with a full date, including the year, debit and credit card transactions in the UK, etc.

When my husband applies for his, does he need to use my new PSS unique number (if one is issued) or can he make use of the existing code.

Thank you in advance, your guidance is appreciated.
    Is your husband EU or non EU?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
      Afternoon,

The Home Office has confirmed it is possible to re-apply as long as it's before the deadline and you are able to show being here before the end of this year.

You just need to start a new application and provide the required evidence, such as boarding pass with a full date, including the year, debit and credit card transactions in the UK, etc.

Is your husband EU or non EU?

He is non EU. He will be joining me on EUSS family permit.
      His permit has been provided based on my existing PSS unique number. Will this affect anything for him if I reapply?

Comment

He is non EU. He will be joining me on EUSS family permit.
        His permit has been provided based on my existing PSS unique number. Will this affect anything for him if I reapply?
        Once in the UK, he will need to apply for pre-settled status, regardless of whether you re-apply for your own status or otherwise. At this point, he will need to provide evidence of relationship, evidence of having come to the UK, as well as evidence of the sponsor's residence, so he can just provide your new UAN reference when he makes his own application, as noted here: Evidence

I have also responded on your other thread:

He will need to apply for pre-settled status once he is here, and, as a non EEA national, he will need to start by booking a biometrics appointment in order to be issued with a BRC, as noted here: Applying without a biometric card

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Once in the UK, he will need to apply for pre-settled status, regardless of whether you re-apply for your own status or otherwise. At this point, he will need to provide evidence of relationship, evidence of having come to the UK, as well as evidence of the sponsor's residence, so he can just provide your new UAN reference when he makes his own application, as noted here: Evidence

I have also responded on your other thread:

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X