Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

EU settlement scheme status for wife .

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE EU settlement scheme status for wife .

Hi. Respected members.
    solicitors
    Please let help me out with questions should be appreciated .
    Q. It is for friend
    My friend is an eu citizen and his wife applied from Pakistan as non EU family member eu ss family permit wich is granted.
    her eu national son living and working in uk too.
    my friend left uk due to job in Sweden.
    if his wife arrived uk on eu ss family permit and could apply pre.settle behalf of her son in uk ?

She is planning to come in February into UK.

Summary of story is husband sponsor for eu ss family permit and son going to sponsor for pre.settled status in uk for her .
    is this possible as close family member to get pre.setpre.settled status in uk ?

Please if u need to ask further details.

Thanks In advance

Originally posted by Hanjra67 View Post
    Hi. Respected members.
    solicitors
    Please let help me out with questions should be appreciated .
    Q. It is for friend
    My friend is an eu citizen and his wife applied from Pakistan as non EU family member eu ss family permit wich is granted.
    her eu national son living and working in uk too.
    my friend left uk due to job in Sweden.
    Hello,

I've heard, albeit not on this forum, about someone who was refused entry because their family member sponsor was not in the UK when they arrived in the UK on a family permit, as the permit is intended for people either travelling with, or joining, their family member in the UK.

In any case, it's always better to communicate directly with the people involved rather than via third parties, so why don't you ask your friend to join our forum?

if his wife arrived uk on eu ss family permit and could apply pre.settle behalf of her son in uk ?

She is planning to come in February into UK.
    Family permits are valid for 6 months, I don't know when your friend's husband got his but it may be an idea to wait till the sponsor is back in the UK.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Summary of story is husband sponsor for eu ss family permit and son going to sponsor for pre.settled status in uk for her .
      is this possible as close family member to get pre.setpre.settled status in uk ?

Aisha R (lawyer) Would it be possible to use a different sponsor for the pre-settled application than the one used for the family permit? Will this change next year? I'm asking because next year, all family members will need to enter on a family permit and it will no longer be possible to switch over from visit visa or entering without a visa.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Tim M (lawyer) Would it be possible to use a different sponsor for the pre-settled application than the one used for the family permit? Will this change next year? I'm asking because next year, all family members will need to enter on a family permit and it will no longer be possible to switch over from visit visa or entering without a visa.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I do not know how they can enter the UK on an EEA Family Permit when the sponsor named on the EEA Family Permit visa label is no longer living in the UK

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim M View Post
            I do not know how they can enter the UK on an EEA Family Permit when the sponsor named on the EEA Family Permit visa label is no longer living in the UK
            Indeed, I remember someone posting on a FB group about being refused entry at the border on these basis.

Comment

Eligibility for EU family permit

The EEA citizen you’re joining must either:
              • be in the UK already
              • be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application

If they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months they must either:
              • be a ‘qualified person’ (working, looking for work, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient)
              • have or be eligible for a permanent residence document - sometimes called a ‘document certifying permanent residence’
              EUSS
              If you're not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen

You may be able to apply if:
              • you’re a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
              • you’re the family member of a British citizen and you lived outside the UK in an EEA country together
              • you’re the family member of a British citizen who also has EU, EEA or Swiss citizenship and who lived in the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen before getting British citizenship
              • you used to have an EU, EEA or Swiss family member living in the UK
              • you’re the family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland
              • you’re the primary carer of a British, EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
              • you’re the child of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who used to live and work in the UK, or the child’s primary carer
              If you’re overseas and a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen living in the UK

The deadline for you to join your family member in the UK is 31 December 2020 (or 31 December 2025 if your partner is Swiss and you get married or form a civil partnership after 31 December 2020).

If you’re not living in the UK by the deadline, you’ll still be able to apply if all of the following are true:
              • your family member has either settled or pre-settled status
              • your relationship began before 31 December 2020
              • you remain a close family member, for example a spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, a dependent child or grandchild, or a dependent parent or grandparent
              If you start work or self-employment in an EU country

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen you can get settled status if you start work or self-employment in an EU country and you both:
              • have lived and worked or been self-employed in the UK continuously for 3 years beforehand
              • usually return to your UK home once a week
              If you’re the family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen at the time they start work or self-employment in an EU country you may also be eligible for settled status.
              Last edited by Aisha R; 19-12-2020, 10:00 AM.

I am an Immigration Adviser with AR UK Immigration & Visa Services, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and also by CILEX, to provide immigration advice at level 3, and a member of the UK Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA). I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Aisha R for full details.

Comment

Working...
              X