Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Extended family member application process

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referred to Lawyer Extended family member application process

Hi everyone.
    I am an extended family member of EU. I hold BRP and completed 5 years in UK. Now I applied for settle status. I received this email from HO. They are asking for more evidence of dependency and household.
    But I lived in a different address past few years and I don’t have evidence of dependency and same household address.

What should I do kind of situation like this?
    Please share your thoughts. TIA

Gabriella B (lawyer) Would you be able to comment?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

To apply for SS, you need to show that you still meet the requirements, which generally means being part of the same household or showing financial dependancy. If you lived independently and were not supported by the family member you probably don't meet the requirements. You don't specify which family member you are, but that's what's generally required.

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

I am an extended family member. My brother is sponsor.
        I was living in same household in 2015.

My brother was in housing benefit. He wasn’t earning much.
        In 2016 he gave birth another child.
        We were living in two bedroom house. So I had to move on because they needed space.
        Meantime I turned 18 and started working. So I was able to live by myself.

These are the main reason for me to live separate.

How to explain this and what will be consequences?

Comment

Originally posted by Pavel_14 View Post
          I am an extended family member. My brother is sponsor.
          I was living in same household in 2015.

My brother was in housing benefit. He wasn’t earning much.
          In 2016 he gave birth another child.
          We were living in two bedroom house. So I had to move on because they needed space.
          Meantime I turned 18 and started working. So I was able to live by myself.

These are the main reason for me to live separate.

How to explain this and what will be consequences?
          Gabriella B

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

It seems that you are no longer dependant, as you work and live in a different household, if this is the case you may not get settled status, I suggest you seek specific legal advice

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

Pavel_14 Applications for extended family members are often refused, since it can be difficul to show you satisfy the criteria to be regarded as a dependent relative. For that reason, it is highly recommended to seek private legal advice from a qualified professional. We do have a team of lawyers who volunteer on the forum and also offer private services for a fee, their details are here: Lawyers. Gabriella, who very kindly responed above, is one of them, her details are also linked from her signature: Gabriella B - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Working...
              X