X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tariq N View Post
    Late registration of births is a common problem in Indai and Pakistan since the system of registration at birth was widely implented. I may need to get an expert report on this issue. You need to appeal and there is a time limit of 28 days from refusal. I can sort out DNA testing etc to confirm relationships. Let me know if you want to follow it up. My details are available in the website
    Tariq N
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I also got problem with late registration of Birth Certificate because I don't have necessary documents for late registration which are lost as well like certificate from hospital where I was born.

I am thinking of going for DNA test. Cellmark (which is one of the lab listed on HO website) has agreed to conduct DNA sampling from Pakistan and Sweden. So I don't have to travel for sampling.

Two questions,
    1-I understood from lab that usually its home office who request DNA testing. If I do it myself without HO request. Will it be acceptable by HO?
    2-its been 14 days since I got refusal. Should I appeal the decision or should I apply for new EUSS FP?

Comment

1. Yes 2. I think you will get another refusal on the DOB issue if you make another application. Better to appeal. I do appeals and advocacy in Tribunals, if you need my serviceservices.

I am the Principal of the Practice ACS Visas and I am a Level 3 Regulated Adviser, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide advice in both Immigration and Asylum. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tariq N for full details.

Comment

1. Yes 2. I think you will get another refusal on the DOB issue if you make another application. Better to appeal. I do appeals and advocacy in Tribunals, if you need my serviceservices.
        I am not sure why will I get DOB issue if its mentioned on my both Sweden and Pakistan passport as well as on my govt issue ID card? can you please help me understand that?

How do I contact you privately?

Comment

My email is info@ACSVisas.com. You know the problem is the late registration of birth since it was not done at the time. We are seeing many refusals like this from the sub-continent on this issue.

I am the Principal of the Practice ACS Visas and I am a Level 3 Regulated Adviser, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide advice in both Immigration and Asylum. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tariq N for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by maakm View Post

I am not sure why will I get DOB issue if its mentioned on my both Sweden and Pakistan passport as well as on my govt issue ID card? can you please help me understand that?

How do I contact you privately?
            Morning,

I've seen a lot of refusals over the birth certificate issue. As our lawyer has said, he is able to help privately with these issues, as he's got experience dealing with them, not all lawyers are familiar with these particular issues affecting mostly the Subcontinent. You will also find his details linked to from his signature: Tariq N - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

My email is info@ACSVisas.com. You know the problem is the late registration of birth since it was not done at the time. We are seeing many refusals like this from the sub-continent on this issue.
              I am not doing late registration of birth as I am missing documents needed for late registration as well. So I will not be able to provide late birth certificate. I can only provide DNA test results with my ID documents.

Do you foresee any issue with such documents?

Comment

I am not doing late registration of birth as I am missing documents needed for late registration as well. So I will not be able to provide late birth certificate. I can only provide DNA test results with my ID documents.

Do you foresee any issue with such documents?
                As previously noted, you may want to contact Tariq privately for a consultation, as being able to prove the relationship is key to the application, and he does have experience with these issues, so he should be able to advise you in this respect.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
                  As previously noted, you may want to contact Tariq privately for a consultation, as being able to prove the relationship is key to the application, and he does have experience with these issues, so he should be able to advise you in this respect.
                  Thank you. I have contacted Tariq privately and waiting for his response.

Comment

Thank you. I have contacted Tariq privately and waiting for his response.
                    Best of luck and do keep us posted!

Comment

Morning,

This is one to put forward to the Home Office, me thinks. Although the travel ban/red list, etc. isn't likely to last till the end of June, when the government is expected to finally lift all restrictions, the issue of dependency is still important, as there's bound to be many who don't manage to complete their applications before the end of June, not least due to inability to book a biometrics appointment in the UK to start the process here.
                      While I sort DNA and birth certificate issue with lawyer.

Can you please let me know what was the outcome from meeting last Friday with Home Office. This was about two topics,

1-Countries who are on red list and people will not be able to travel to UK to apply EUSS before July1st.
                      2-If someone submit EUSS application in June and will not be able to attend biometric appointment before July. How does HO will consider their application. With dependency or without dependency?

Comment

While I sort DNA and birth certificate issue with lawyer.

Can you please let me know what was the outcome from meeting last Friday with Home Office. This was about two topics,

1-Countries who are on red list and people will not be able to travel to UK to apply EUSS before July1st.
                        Hello again,

I'm afraid there are currently no special provisions for this, as the red list is meant to be subject to change.

2-If someone submit EUSS application in June and will not be able to attend biometric appointment before July. How does HO will consider their application. With dependency or without dependency?
                        I did get a written response to this one, copied below:

I can confirm that an application made under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme will be deemed ‘open’ as soon as the application is submitted online. The application will not, however, be considered ‘valid’ until biometrics are enrolled.

To use your example, an application made on 15 June where biometrics can only be enrolled on 3 July would still be considered under the terms of the EUSS since the application was submitted before the deadline of 30 June.

We would advise in all cases that applicants to the EU Settlement Scheme make us aware of any difficulty they are experiencing in obtaining a biometric enrolment appointment through contacting our Settlement Resolution Centre using the below details:

Contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre online.
                        You can also get help over the phone.
                        The phone number is different if you’re from a local council or another organisation helping others to apply.
                        So it's good news, as the application date is not the biometrics date.

Comment

maakm It is my understanding that you are making an application for a family permit for parents or in-laws, who will require to prove dependency after the end of June. Once they get the permit, they will still need to travel to the UK to make the pre-settled application, so you may be interested in the response I got from the Home Office regarding this situation:

I can confirm that where dependent family members have been granted an EUSS Family Permit before the 30 June and then make an application for status via the EU Settlement Scheme after 30 June as a Joining Family Member, we would not ask dependency to be evidenced again as we would consider dependency to have been proved as part of their Entry Clearance
                          This should be good news, as it seems unlikely to me that you will get the family permit in time for them to travel here and make the pre-settled application, all before the end of June.

Comment

This is your other thread regarding making a new application for yourself, I kept it separate as it's a totally separate application: Re-applying for pre-settled status - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

maakm It is my understanding that you are making an application for a family permit for parents or in-laws, who will require to prove dependency after the end of June. Once they get the permit, they will still need to travel to the UK to make the pre-settled application, so you may be interested in the response I got from the Home Office regarding this situation:

This should be good news, as it seems unlikely to me that you will get the family permit in time for them to travel here and make the pre-settled application, all before the end of June.
                              Yes it is unlikely so that is good news but may be not so good for us.

Currently my parents home country is on red list and as I understood from VFS global website that HO will not process application until country moves out of red list. Once application is submitted and biometric done before 30 June, but HO process application after 30 June, will they process application based on dependency or without dependency. I guess without dependency as we have done biometrics before 30 June.

So if EUSS FP will be issues after 30 June without dependency. Once they will be here, will they need to show dependency for PSS?
                              Last edited by maakm; 05-05-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Yes it is unlikely so that is good news but may be not so good for us.

Currently my parents home country is on red list and as I understood from VFS global website that HO will not process application until country moves out of red list.
                                Afternoon,

I wasn't aware of that!

Once application is submitted and biometric done before 30 June, but HO process application after 30 June, will they process application based on dependency or without dependency. I guess without dependency as we have done biometrics before 30 June.

So if EUSS FP will be issues after 30 June without dependency. Once they will be here, will they need to show dependency for PSS?
                                I submitted a separate enquiry regarding biometric dates v application dates regarding assumed dependence, their response was as below:
                                I can confirm that an application made under the terms of the EU Settlement Scheme will be deemed ‘open’ as soon as the application is submitted online. The application will not, however, be considered ‘valid’ until biometrics are enrolled.

To use your example, an application made on 15 June where biometrics can only be enrolled on 3 July would still be considered under the terms of the EUSS since the application was submitted before the deadline of 30 June.

We would advise in all cases that applicants to the EU Settlement Scheme make us aware of any difficulty they are experiencing in obtaining a biometric enrolment appointment through contacting our Settlement Resolution Centre using the below details:

Comment

Working...
                                X