Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Re-apply PSS

Hi Everyone

I am Eu citizen living in UK with PSS. My continuing residency has been broken so I want to re-apply for new PSS.

I have applied for Euss family permit for parents with current PSS which is still pending for decision.

In this case, if I apply for new PSS, will it effect my application of my parents. Will they will reject my parents application if I apply for new PSS.

Originally posted by Anarchypunk63 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am Eu citizen living in UK with PSS. My continuing residency has been broken so I want to re-apply for new PSS.

I have applied for Euss family permit for parents with current PSS which is still pending for decision.

In this case, if I apply for new PSS, will it effect my application of my parents. Will they will reject my parents application if I apply for new PSS.
    Hello again,

I have responded to your query regarding re-applying, here: Re-apply PSS - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I'm keeping this as a separate thread as it refers to a different application for a different person. First of all, as you can see from my response on the other thread, re-applying for pre-settled status does not revoke the original status, it just extends its period of validity, so it doesn't alter the fact you already have pre-settled status.

However, looking at this earlier thread:

...you told us:
    My wife is EU citizen and I am non-Eu citizen applying for EUSS Family Permit.
    As you are not an EU national, your parents' application would rely on your wife as the sponsor, not yourself, as the sponsor always has to be the EEA national, in which case, for the purposes of your parents' application, what matters is your wife's status, rather than yours. Obviously you also need to make sure you maintain your own residence, but this is separate from your parents' permit.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you for your response.
      Situation has changed now, My application for Portuguese Passport was on process, I thought I won’t be able to make in time so that time I have applied for family permit. But, my application for Portuguese Passport was approved soon after. So, I am a EU citizen now.

I got my PSS as a EU citizen. So, I applied for my parents EUSS family permit. As you said if I re-apply for PSS, it doesn’t revoke original status it will extend its period of validity. I am little bit confused, if I reapply for PSS, will it affect my parents application which is still pending for decision. I will be great full to you, if can help me with this. I search many place couldn’t find exact answer.

Thanks again for you kind suggestions. ????

Comment

Thank you for your response.
        Situation has changed now, My application for Portuguese Passport was on process, I thought I won’t be able to make in time so that time I have applied for family permit. But, my application for Portuguese Passport was approved soon after. So, I am a EU citizen now.

I got my PSS as a EU citizen. So, I applied for my parents EUSS family permit. As you said if I re-apply for PSS, it doesn’t revoke original status it will extend its period of validity. I am little bit confused, if I reapply for PSS, will it affect my parents application which is still pending for decision. I will be great full to you, if can help me with this. I search many place couldn’t find exact answer.

Thanks again for you kind suggestions. ????
        Morning,

Thanks for clarifying the situation.

As noted above, re-applying for pre-settled status doesn't revoke the original status, so it shouldn't impact the family members. I already asked this question to the Home Office a couple of months ago, when one of our members' spouse spent more than 6 months out of the UK last year and was going to re-apply after retuning just before the end of last year, whether her non EU spouse would also need to re-apply and the answer was no, it wasn't necessary for the non EU family member to do anything.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you for you kind information.

One more thing, when we have any query regarding EUSS family permit, do we call EU resolution or on which number we can contact them.

Regards

Comment

Thank you for you kind information.

One more thing, when we have any query regarding EUSS family permit, do we call EU resolution or on which number we can contact them.

Regards
            I can give you the number for the EUSS resolution centre, but it is my understanding they only deal with in-country applications, not with the family permits which are processed outside the UK.

Veera T (lawyer) Would you know if there's a way to contact them by phone, other than the paid emails that people have been using, only to get a generic and rather useless response?

Comment

I am not aware of any way to contact them, it would be great to know!

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

We don't have email addresses for ECOs, even generic ones, since they oerate from numerous locations. Family permit decisions are made within 2-3 weeks, so it should not be long.

I am the Principal of the Practice ACS Visas and I am a Level 3 Regulated Adviser, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide advice in both Immigration and Asylum. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tariq N for full details.

Comment

Working...
                X