Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-apply PSS

Hi everyone

I am EU citizen with PSS. In order to qualify for SS later I need to maintain continuous residence.

I was out of UK on holiday pay for 25 days during those period I was paying taxes and NI contribution. Will that be counted as absent from although I was paying taxes and NI contribution.

I am worried because later I was out of UK for 160 days during those period I didn’t have pay taxes and NI contribution which will be counted as absent.

Do I need to re- apply PSS??? If any one has suggestions, please let me know
    Many thanks

Originally posted by Anarchypunk63 View Post
    Hi everyone

I am EU citizen with PSS. In order to qualify for SS later I need to maintain continuous residence.

I was out of UK on holiday pay for 25 days during those period I was paying taxes and NI contribution. Will that be counted as absent from although I was paying taxes and NI contribution.

I am worried because later I was out of UK for 160 days during those period I didn’t have pay taxes and NI contribution which will be counted as absent.
    Afternoon,

The criteria for settled status is to have been in the UK at least 6 months out of every 12, not necessarily to pay taxes and NICs. While at the moment, the Home Office has been accepting proof of employment as evidence of residence, even when people have been working remotely, we just don't know what they will decided to ask for in 5 years' time.

Originally posted by Anarchypunk63 View Post
    Do I need to re- apply PSS??? If any one has suggestions, please let me know
    Many thanks
    In order to reapply, you'll need to show you were here at least one day before the end of last year and no more than 6 months ago. If you do meet this criteria, you may want to look here: Multiple applications and re-applying

...where you'll see:
    If you grant settled status where the applicant has pre-settled status, then it will vary (replace) the earlier grant of pre-settled status.

If you grant pre-settled status where the applicant has pre-settled status, then it will vary (replace) the earlier grant of pre-settled status. The date of the first grant of presettled status will remain the start date of their pre-settled status. The expiry date of their pre-settled status will be five years from the date of decision on the further application for pre-settled status.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
    X