Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

EUSS settlement Scheme

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EUSS settlement Scheme

Hello everyone,

I have a question to ask, how does a non EU citizen married to a an EU citizen apply for the EUSS settlement scheme in the uk after getting the EUSS family permit to enter the UK? I discovered that it is impossible for a non EU citizen to apply for it outside the Uk with the EU ID exit app especially when the person does not have a UK issued biometric card. I will fully appreciate an enlightenment in this regard.

Thanks in advance and do have a wonderful day ahead.

Originally posted by Ruphia View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a question to ask, how does a non EU citizen married to a an EU citizen apply for the EUSS settlement scheme in the uk after getting the EUSS family permit to enter the UK? I discovered that it is impossible for a non EU citizen to apply for it outside the Uk with the EU ID exit app especially when the person does not have a UK issued biometric card. I will fully appreciate an enlightenment in this regard.

Thanks in advance and do have a wonderful day ahead.
    Morning,

That's correct, the EU Exit app can only be used to apply with a valid biometric card, the family permit is a visa to travel to the UK, where the family member then has to make an application for pre-settled status, which involves enrolling biometrics again, in order to be issued with an EUSS biometric card, as noted here: Applying without a biometric card

...where you'll see:

At the start of the online form, there is the option to apply either using the app or By post.

Non EEA nationals without a valid biometric card must choose the "Enter my document details online and send my identity document by post" option rather than the app.

This doesn't mean having to send the passports by post, as they get checked at the biometrics appointment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	OpeningChoicesOct2020.png Views:	1 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	43985

You will receive an email asking you to book an appointment for biometrics, giving you a time frame in which to do so.

You will need to create an account with the Home Office's commercial partner Sopra Steria, to enroll biometrics.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bookbiometrics_red.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	1084

At this appointment, your passport will be checked and copied.

Sopra Steria UKVCAS appointments are released early morning every day, this is the best time to book them and there is a range of prices from free appointments (which go very quickly) to premium appointment which are very costly. If you cannot find a free appointment, you can log out and log in the day after, repeat this if necessary.

Do not upload any supporting documents to the UKVCAS interface, EUSS applicants should upload them directly via the EUSS online form.

You are advised to take note of the username, password and codes to log in to the Sopra Steria system.

You will receive a biometric card in the post, the quoted timescale is 10 working days after your decision email.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thanks Admin,

​​​​​​Am grateful for the detailed and very useful answer to my question. Fully appreciate and great response.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I will like to have the web link and the process to apply for EU settlement scheme as an non EU spouse of an EU citizen. I know I will have to apply from the Uk, but have no idea of the website to start from either UKVI or UKVCAS in partnership with sopra steria. Please guys enlighten on how to start with the weblink and how to create an account with sopra steria UKVCAS. Thanks guys and a grateful for all your inputs regarding my previous questions which has helped me all through the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruphia View Post
          Hi Guys,

I will like to have the web link and the process to apply for EU settlement scheme as an non EU spouse of an EU citizen. I know I will have to apply from the Uk, but have no idea of the website to start from either UKVI or UKVCAS in partnership with sopra steria. Please guys enlighten on how to start with the weblink and how to create an account with sopra steria UKVCAS. Thanks guys and a grateful for all your inputs regarding my previous questions which has helped me all through the process.
          Afternoon,

I've moved your post to your previous thread, where you will see we started looking into this.

You will find the link here:

Online form start

If you click on that link, it will start by asking you whether you are in the UK, then it will take you to the page as per screenshot above.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
          X