Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referred to Lawyer EUSS Late Biometrics;

Dear all,
    Quick question regarding EUSS:

I’m a brazilian national and applied through my Italian Stepson Sponsor (he is over 22 yo!) our EUSS on 30th Dec’20 and he did his Biometrics on the same day he arrived in UK;
    He received his COA early January’21 (Certificate of Application);
    We both flew to UK from South America before 31st Dec’20, both of us got an Stamp on our brazilian passports (My Italian Stepson has dual citizenship and his IT pspt was expired, he got a stamp on his brazilian passport: application was made through post, with all the recognition of his Italian citizenship on paper by Post; Biometrics were made for him, but myself couldnt do it at the time due to NO SLOTS at the moment...
    Both of us, did the Application but we went back to South America right after, but myself, his StepFather DIDNT DO the Biometrics yet...

We r still waiting for a decision on his application: they only asked for another Picture fir his application...

Question:

1. Do I have to do it the Biometrics of the Dependant myself before June 30th? If I pass the date my application will be Revoked? A late biometrics is possible after June 30th?

2. Applications made by Post Due Covid takes longer for verification of European CitizenShip Papers? Even the sponsor taking almost 4 months is a normal time process?

3. Is it possible to do Biometrics Overseas on the British/Embassy of your own Country or through the Agency Representative (VFS Global) or only Back in the UK in this particular case?

4.The Status Letter before Biometrics to get the BRC Biometrics Resident Card is possible through a lawyer to switch to Work Route?

Thanks for your help and Assistance
    Suppersantana Account

Originally posted by SUPPERSANTANA View Post
    Dear all,
    Quick question regarding EUSS:

I’m a brazilian national and applied through my Italian Stepson Sponsor (he is over 22 yo!) our EUSS on 30th Dec’20 and he did his Biometrics on the same day he arrived in UK;
    He received his COA early January’21 (Certificate of Application);
    We both flew to UK from South America before 31st Dec’20, both of us got an Stamp on our brazilian passports (My Italian Stepson has dual citizenship and his IT pspt was expired, he got a stamp on his brazilian passport: application was made through post, with all the recognition of his Italian citizenship on paper by Post; Biometrics were made for him, but myself couldnt do it at the time due to NO SLOTS at the moment...
    Both of us, did the Application but we went back to South America right after, but myself, his StepFather DIDNT DO the Biometrics yet...

We r still waiting for a decision on his application: they only asked for another Picture fir his application...

Question:

1. Do I have to do it the Biometrics of the Dependant myself before June 30th? If I pass the date my application will be Revoked? A late biometrics is possible after June 30th?
    Afernoon,

To clarify, the end of June deadline is for people who are already living in the UK, there is no deadline for close family members joining an EEA national who is eligible for EUSS status, the key issue for parents is that dependency is only assumed till the end of June, so applications will still be accepted after that, but will require proof of dependency, as noted here: Parents, grandparents and great grandparents

...where you'll see:

VERY IMPORTANT!

Dependency for parents, including in-laws, is currently assumed and need not be demonstrated, however, this will change for applications submitted from July 1st 2021, when dependency will need to be demonstrated.

The level of dependency that will be required is set out in the definition of “dependent parent”:
    Having regard to their financial and social conditions, or health, the applicant cannot, or (as the case may be) for the relevant period could not, meet their essential living needs (in whole or in part) without the financial or other material support [from the sponsor].

Source: Changes to EU Settlement Scheme affect deadlines and family reunion | Free Movement

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

But I'm not sure whether you are referring to biometrics for a pre-settled status application or for a family permit. If you obtain a family permit, you need to be aware of the following: EUSS Family permit

Validity

​ An EUSS family permit is valid for 6 months, unless:
      • you plan to arrive in the UK on or after 1 April 2021
      • your application is approved more than three months ahead of your planned arrival date
      ​ In this case, it’s valid for 4 months from your planned arrival date.

The family member needs to make an application under the EUSS once in the UK.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

2. Applications made by Post Due Covid takes longer for verification of European CitizenShip Papers? Even the sponsor taking almost 4 months is a normal time process?
        Yes, paper applications do take longer, but you should be able to contact the resolution centre and ask what's going on.

3. Is it possible to do Biometrics Overseas on the British/Embassy of your own Country or through the Agency Representative (VFS Global) or only Back in the UK in this particular case?
        Applications for family permits are handled by visa outfitts VFS or TLS, depending on the country, and they also do biometrics. Embassies don't get into this.

Comment

4.The Status Letter before Biometrics to get the BRC Biometrics Resident Card is possible through a lawyer to switch to Work Route?
          The two applications are completely different, and the skilled worker route isn't quite as simple as people seem to think. Firstly, it requires a job offer from an approved sponsor employer, it also carries heft visa fees as well as paying the immigration health surcharge.

The skilled worker will be tied to their sponsor employer for at least 5 years and can't change jobs without prior Home Office approval. If the worker loses their job, they may have to leave the country. You will find info about that here: Skilled Worker visa: Your job - GOV.UK

...where they say:
          You must have a job offer from an approved UK employer before you apply for a Skilled Worker visa. Approved employers are also known as sponsors, because they are sponsoring you to come to or stay in the UK.

View the list of approved UK employers.

If your employer is not currently approved, they can apply for a sponsor licence if they’re eligible.

They’ll need to pay a fee - £536 for small businesses and charities or £1,476 for medium and large organisations. It usually takes around 8 weeks to process a licence application.
          Finally, obtaining ILR via that route involves satisfying the language and LITUK requirements and paying a fee of over £2,300! See: Settlement as a Skilled Worker – what you need to know - Free Movement

Comment

Dear UKCEN,
            Good day!

Im referring the Biometrics of myself, the StepFather Dependant; Since I already have a UAN application number with the HommeOffice made in London for our EUSS application and I was not able to do the biometrics while I was physically in UK at that time in late December my question is:

1. Is it possible to do the biometrics at my Home City in Brasil through VFS Global to them to send it over to the Homme Office to make my EUSS/ UAN application “completed” (Dependant StepFather still with no Biometrics Done)?

2. If I applied for the EUSS family Permit here in Brazil, doing my biometrics for the application at my home city, the same one could be forwarded to my application already in the UK that I applied on December with the HomeOffice?

3. Do I have to fly it over to UK again before June 30th to do Biometrics there only in UK (to not lose the assumed dependancy, obviously!)?

4.A representative lawyer can appeal as per the reason of CovidPandemic since AirTraficFlights and Imm Borders are restricted to ask the HommeOffice to proceed with the application for decision without the Biometrics of the Dependant StepFather, only with the European StepSon? Is it possible?

The whole reason is that only missing my Biometrics for the application already made in UK...

Thanks for the assistance,
            Regards,

SUPPERSANTANA Account;

Comment

Dear UKCEN,
              Good day!

Im referring the Biometrics of myself, the StepFather Dependant; Since I already have a UAN application number with the HommeOffice made in London for our EUSS application and I was not able to do the biometrics while I was physically in UK at that time in late December my question is:

1. Is it possible to do the biometrics at my Home City in Brasil through VFS Global to them to send it over to the Homme Office to make my EUSS/ UAN application “completed” (Dependant StepFather still with no Biometrics Done)?

2. If I applied for the EUSS family Permit here in Brazil, doing my biometrics for the application at my home city, the same one could be forwarded to my application already in the UK that I applied on December with the HomeOffice?

3. Do I have to fly it over to UK again before June 30th to do Biometrics there only in UK (to not lose the assumed dependancy, obviously!)?

4.A representative lawyer can appeal as per the reason of CovidPandemic since AirTraficFlights and Imm Borders are restricted to ask the HommeOffice to proceed with the application for decision without the Biometrics of the Dependant StepFather, only with the European StepSon? Is it possible?

The whole reason is that only missing my Biometrics for the application already made in UK...
              Aisha R (lawyer) Would they be able to just do the biometrics in Brazil?

Comment

Veera T (lawyer) Would you know about doing biometrics in Brazil?

Comment

Morning SUPPERSANTANA

I've not approved your new post because it asks the exact same questions as the post above, instead, I have tagged another lawyer to look at this.

Comment

Dear all,

Is it possible to do my Biometrics with VFS Global on my own country ( Brazil- Sao Paolo), even if I already have an UAN for Pre Settled application made through post when I was in London with my Sponsor Stepson?

My sponsor stepson and I did the application on Dec/20 but still missing only my Biometrics.. He has done his, only missing mine as a dependant...
                    Since now to travel to UK is required prior to travel the Family Permit EUSS due Pandemic, if I decide to do it, do they Can use my Biometrics to forward the same one to linked to my existing UAN application already on the system?

Thank U!
                    Suppersantana Account;

Comment

Dear all,

Is it possible to do my Biometrics with VFS Global on my own country ( Brazil- Sao Paolo), even if I already have an UAN for Pre Settled application made through post when I was in London with my Sponsor Stepson?

My sponsor stepson and I did the application on Dec/20 but still missing only my Biometrics.. He has done his, only missing mine as a dependant...
                      Since now to travel to UK is required prior to travel the Family Permit EUSS due Pandemic, if I decide to do it, do they Can use my Biometrics to forward the same one to linked to my existing UAN application already on the system?

Thank U!
                      Suppersantana Account;
                      Hello again

I've moved your post here to keep it all together.

Gabriella B (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this possibility?

Comment

The best thing in this specific case would be to contact the EUSS Resolution Centre and ask if they can issue an invitation for biometrics abroad. I am not sure if it's possible. I have done this many times with naturalisation applications, where clients submitted the application in the UK, travelled and then were stuck abroad due to Covid restrictions, but never tried in a PSS case.

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

Dear Gabriella,

Would you possibly have any work lawyer colleague that could comment with the same issue of a Pre Settlement Application made in London and due to the particular issue lack of Biometrics, the aplicant had to go back to their home country, and to ask for invitation for Biometrics Abroad through VFS or TLS on their country of birth?

Any person that could comment on this particular scenario to help me?

Thanks for your assistance and guidance!

Suppersantana Account

Comment

Dear Gabriella,

Would you possibly have any work lawyer colleague that could comment with the same issue of a Pre Settlement Application made in London and due to the particular issue lack of Biometrics, the aplicant had to go back to their home country, and to ask for invitation for Biometrics Abroad through VFS or TLS on their country of birth?

Any person that could comment on this particular scenario to help me?

Thanks for your assistance and guidance!

Suppersantana Account
                            Afternoon,

I'd suggest following our lawyer's advice and approaching the resolution centre and explaining your situation to start with, then come back to tell us what they told you, so we can take it from there.

Comment

Dear Gabriella,

Sorry for the long delay, but I decided to apply for my EUSS Family Permit here in Sao Paolo through VFS and did my biometrics and photo giving my passport for the procedure, even knowing that I already had applied for my EUSS (which was pending due to the lack of my biometrics) being a stepfather dependant of my 22yo italian stepson.
                              Im still within’ the 6 months time limit from my last date out of UK (left on January 02nd) and I have a few queries…. My italian stepson sponsor still waiting for a decision out of his CoA since December 30th ‘20 completing almost six months fir the approval… We both can back to Brazil…We plannin to can back to UK beggining of August;
                              Here are the queries, please:

1.My biometrics from my EUSS Family Permit made in my home country through VFS, could be “linked” to my existing Pre Settlement application from HO which still pending through the lack of it? Could both applications could be granted at the same time ( PSettlement App and EUSS FP)?

2. Do I gonna receive a CoA also from EUSS Family Permit from Brazil? After been approved, the EUSS FP gives me the right of work with the vignette placed on my passport? Or do I have to wait for the approval of my Pre Settlement after my stepson to work?

3. Im out of UK for almost five months and a half: we both stayed for less than a week before 31stDec. The EUSS FPermit I applied on May19th’21;I left the UK on January 02nd’21;
                              Do they gonna consider it my Biometrics from VFS from Brazil, and could consider it to giv my PreSettlement straight instead of my EUSS FPermit made in Brazil using that biometrics instead to place the vignette on my pspt?

4.After the EUSS of my stepson approved, can I go to UK before than him? He is passing through a severe bipolar depression in Brazil… Can that be used as a proof and could I go to UK before him to enter with my EUSS FPermit with the vignette placed on my pspt? (He entered with me on December 2020 together for less than a week already)

Thank for the assistance as always!
                              @Suppersantana

Comment

Working...
                              X