X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query pre settlement

Hello everyone, I worked in the UK for 5 months between 2018-2019, then I went back to my country I'm a European citizen, I have a nacianl insurance number, and bank documents can I get pre settlement,I have never been in the UK in 2020 and you are saying that if I come to the UK by June, I can get it.please help me

Originally posted by progresiwe View Post
    Hello everyone, I worked in the UK for 5 months between 2018-2019, then I went back to my country I'm a European citizen, I have a nacianl insurance number, and bank documents can I get pre settlement,I have never been in the UK in 2020 and you are saying that if I come to the UK by June, I can get it.please help me
    Afternoon,

I'm afraid you wouldn't be eligible to apply, since, in order to be eligible, you'd need to either;
    1. Have spent at least 5 years living here at some point in the past, and then not have spent 5 years or longer, without coming back; or
    2. Have been in the UK at least one day before the end of 2020 and no more than 6 months ago.
    As you only lived here a few months, you wouldn't meet the criteria under (1), and as it's been over a year since you were here, you wouldn't be eligible under (2) either.

The end of June deadline is for people who do meet either (1) or (2), otherwise the only way to be eligible would be if you had a close family member, such as a parent, spouse or child, living in the UK.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

progresiwe on a different note as we aim for all our members to remain anonymous, may I kindly ask that you change the profile photo? Many thanks.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Don't I have a solution? Can I never take it? A letter of apology or illness, I want to tackle if the lawyer can help me

Comment

Don't I have a solution? Can I never take it? A letter of apology or illness, I want to tackle if the lawyer can help me
          Morning,

I'm not sure what you mean by a letter of apology or illness, there is a provision to spend up to 12 months out of the UK for an important reason, which includes illness amongst other things, however, from what you have told us, you never applied for pre-settled status based on your time here, even when the EUSS opened in March 2019 and, back then, you could have applied with evidence of being here just one day no more than 6 months earlier. This criteria remains the same, you'd need to have been here at least one day but no more than 6 months ago (and before the end of last year).

If you had been granted pre-settled status, it would still be valid as long as you'd not been out of the UK for two years or longer, but you still wouldn't be able to obtain settled status when it expired due to having spent over a year out of the UK. But since you didn't apply at the time, this is just academic.

If you haven't got close family in the UK, your best bet would probably be the new skilled worker visa route: Skilled Worker visa - GOV.UK

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Is it enough for my old workplace to sponsor me to get a qualified worker visa?

Comment

Is it enough for my old workplace to sponsor me to get a qualified worker visa?
              You need to look carefully at the requirements, the page linked above says:

Your job

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:
              • work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
              • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
              • do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
              • be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do
              The specific eligibility depends on your job.You must have a confirmed job offer before you apply for your visa.
              As you can see, your employer needs to be authorised by the Home Office to sponsor people under this route, and the job needs to be in the list of occupations, which you'll find here: Skilled Worker visa: eligible occupations and codes - GOV.UK

Comment

Working...
              X