Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

EUSS Advice

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EUSS Advice

Hi there!

I am in the process of applying for settled status under the EUSS. Now, I am just in the process of providing proof for 5 continuous years of residence. I have, however, a few questions regarding this matter.

As I am heavily relying on bank statements for a large period of those 5 years, I need to know whether or not a bank statement is valid for the whole month or just for the dates that are on said statement. For Example: Revolut provides me with single statements for single transactions, like, 17th of may WHS. Is that statement valid for May or only just for the 17th of May? And if now I provide a statement with a purchase on the 17th of may and then one with a purchase on the 28th of may, for example, would that cover the time between the 17th and the 28th of may?

This might be a petty question and I want to apologise in advance. But the thing is that for some months I do have very little spending. So I just want to know how to provide evidence in the correct way.

As well, some of the time I have been out of the UK of course -not 6 months, just a few weeks travelling and all. Therefore, on some monthly statements I have maybe a few payments in the UK and then the rest shows transactions in other countries. Does that still prove my residency? And if so, then I should also be able to provide singular statements for whole months? Or better a monthly statement with just a singular transaction?

Related to the above; some of my bank statements are from another country in another language, showing transactions, however, in the UK. I basically just used my bank accounts from home to pay. Can I just provide those bank statements or do they need to be translated? If so, can I translate them myself in an additional document?

The gov website states that documents from the Job Center Plus are also valid. Now I have a NIN -obviously. Can I also upload that as evidence for the day I had the appointment with the Job Center Plus and would it count as evidence for that day or that month if at all?

Generally, I can only prove five years of residence until the 31st of december 2020, right? So Five years back would be the 31st of december 2015, which is the latest five year period I could prove for the time being, correct? I am asking because I was wondering I would just prove june 2021 5 years back to june 2016 or if that is not possible. Just to know for which timespan it would be best to upload evidence.

I am truly sorry for the elaborate length of my post. But I also really appreciate any help on this. I tried to ring the EUSS hotline, but am kept waiting for 3 hours in 3 tries now, very busy line, not much luck.

I appreciate any advice on this. Many thanks in advance!

Best,

Dan

Originally posted by Dan245 View Post
    Hi there!

I am in the process of applying for settled status under the EUSS. Now, I am just in the process of providing proof for 5 continuous years of residence. I have, however, a few questions regarding this matter.

As I am heavily relying on bank statements for a large period of those 5 years, I need to know whether or not a bank statement is valid for the whole month or just for the dates that are on said statement. For Example: Revolut provides me with single statements for single transactions, like, 17th of may WHS. Is that statement valid for May or only just for the 17th of May? And if now I provide a statement with a purchase on the 17th of may and then one with a purchase on the 28th of may, for example, would that cover the time between the 17th and the 28th of may?
    Morning,

You may want to look here: Providing evidence

...where you'll see:
    How is evidence considered

A document with a single date on will count as proof of residence for that month only, for example a monthly electricity bill, an official letter or a GP appointment card.

Documents with a start and end date will cover the period between the two dates.

Use documents that cover longer periods of time if you can, such as annual bank statements, council tax bills or university letters and certificates. This means you will not need to submit as many documents.

See: Documents to be used in evidence.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

This might be a petty question and I want to apologise in advance. But the thing is that for some months I do have very little spending. So I just want to know how to provide evidence in the correct way.
      No, it's not a petty question, it's a very valid question, since the residence assessment is made on a monthly basis, as above.

As well, some of the time I have been out of the UK of course -not 6 months, just a few weeks travelling and all. Therefore, on some monthly statements I have maybe a few payments in the UK and then the rest shows transactions in other countries. Does that still prove my residency? And if so, then I should also be able to provide singular statements for whole months? Or better a monthly statement with just a singular transaction?
      As above, if a document shows only one date, it will be taken as evidence for that month. I'm assuming you will have statements for each and every month, but you only need to cover 6 months out of every 12 with them, so my suggestion would be to pick the ones where there are UK transactions rather than transactions out of the UK.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Related to the above; some of my bank statements are from another country in another language, showing transactions, however, in the UK. I basically just used my bank accounts from home to pay. Can I just provide those bank statements or do they need to be translated? If so, can I translate them myself in an additional document?
        We had an issue at the end of last year, when some people who had just arrived made an application and they were told they would only accept UK bank accounts with a UK address, however, as this is not what the official list of documents says, I queried it, and they responded as below:
        Originally posted by EEA applications said
        I can confirm that ordinarily we should accept the bank statements in question. However, without further information we cannot comment on why a request for further evidence has been made on a particular case. We would say, however, that applicants to the scheme only need to evidence that they, or their EEA family member, was resident in the UK for the relevant period. If definite UK transactions were evidenced on the bank statements then they should have been accepted. If, however, the evidence did not support the residency claim then the caseworker would invite the applicant to upload further evidence.

The list of evidence that can be provided is not exhaustive and will be taken into account, with each application being treated on its own merits. The ethos of the scheme is to adopt a more pragmatic response when deciding an application and I am sorry if this has not been the case here.

Feedback will be provided to all case working teams to ensure this information is cascaded, to avoid similar situations going forward.
        There is no requirement to translate the statements, as long as it can be worked out that the transactions were in the UK. There was a case where we did recommend our member to have them translated, it all depends on how easy it is to tell where the transaction was made.

Comment

The gov website states that documents from the Job Center Plus are also valid. Now I have a NIN -obviously. Can I also upload that as evidence for the day I had the appointment with the Job Center Plus and would it count as evidence for that day or that month if at all?
          Yes, as per the above criteria, anything that confirms an appointment in the UK on a certain date would be valid for that month.

Generally, I can only prove five years of residence until the 31st of december 2020, right? So Five years back would be the 31st of december 2015, which is the latest five year period I could prove for the time being, correct? I am asking because I was wondering I would just prove june 2021 5 years back to june 2016 or if that is not possible. Just to know for which timespan it would be best to upload evidence.
          It needs to be any 5 year period, it doesn't have to end in December 2020, that was the deadline to come here and establish residence, but you can use the last 5 years, or any earlier 5 year period.

I am truly sorry for the elaborate length of my post. But I also really appreciate any help on this. I tried to ring the EUSS hotline, but am kept waiting for 3 hours in 3 tries now, very busy line, not much luck.
          No worries, we are here to help!

Yes, the lines have been extremely busy as the deadline approaches, I hope I have answered your queries so you don't need to ring them again.

Comment

Thank you so much! That really is unfathomably helpful!

Another question in regards to the settlement:

Would a annual tax summary automatically count for the tax year from april to april? So for 12 months? I have only worked for roughly 8 months during that tax year. But the tax year goes from april to april. So would it be sufficient to provide this document for the 12 months from april 2017 to april 2018 for example?

I am so glad this forum exists. As the Deadline is coming close, I am glad to be able to raise questions here!

Many many thanks!!!

Comment

Thank you so much! That really is unfathomably helpful!

Another question in regards to the settlement:

Would a annual tax summary automatically count for the tax year from april to april? So for 12 months? I have only worked for roughly 8 months during that tax year. But the tax year goes from april to april. So would it be sufficient to provide this document for the 12 months from april 2017 to april 2018 for example?

I am so glad this forum exists. As the Deadline is coming close, I am glad to be able to raise questions here!

Many many thanks!!!
              It is difficult to predict what results the automatic checks will produce. The easiest way to proceed is to apply and see what records the Home Office will be able to find automatically. If there Home Office does not find the needed evidence, they will get in touch with you and provide a list of possible documents you can upload to prove residence. Sometimes they do not require any additional evidence at all.

As you said the deadline is near and the most important thing at this stage is to apply asap.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
              X