Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Get a faster decision on your visa or settlement application

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Get a faster decision on your visa or settlement application

Hi,
    My dad has applied to change his EU Settlement permit and to get his biometric residence permit under the EU settlement scheme. He will get this based on his relationship with me as a dependent parent on the EU child. However, I found out recently that he could choose a priority service to get a faster decision on his application. That is if he had paid the £500 fee before he went for his biometrics appointment.
    Now my question is, as I didnt see the priority service choice on my fathers application when he applied from inside the UK. Does anyone know where it is and if I can choose it for my mothers application? I just don't want to miss it. Does it come up as a choice at the Sopra Steria/UKVCAS website before you book the biometrics appointment? Thank you for any help.
    Kind regards,
    Ellen

Olga M (lawyer) I wasn't aware that there were priority options for EUSS applications, would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I am not aware of a priority service for EUSS applications. I don't think there is any.

I am an Immigration Adviser and Director with Spectrum Visas LTD, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide immigration advice and services. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Olga M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Olga M View Post
        I am not aware of a priority service for EUSS applications. I don't think there is any.
        Thanks, that was also my impression all along. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by elz2 View Post
          Hi,
          My dad has applied to change his EU Settlement permit and to get his biometric residence permit under the EU settlement scheme. He will get this based on his relationship with me as a dependent parent on the EU child. However, I found out recently that he could choose a priority service to get a faster decision on his application. That is if he had paid the £500 fee before he went for his biometrics appointment.
          Now my question is, as I didnt see the priority service choice on my fathers application when he applied from inside the UK. Does anyone know where it is and if I can choose it for my mothers application? I just don't want to miss it. Does it come up as a choice at the Sopra Steria/UKVCAS website before you book the biometrics appointment? Thank you for any help.
          Kind regards,
          Ellen
          Morning,

Now that one of our lawyers has confirmed what I thought was the case, it is my understanding these priority services are only for visa and ILR applications via routes other than the EUSS, there aren't such services for EUSS applications.

Comment

Working...
          X