Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU Settlement Scheme : Re-applying for pre-settled status and evidences required

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ijk View Post
    Hello Site Admin ,

I have an update on this issue. Yesterday I call EUSS and spoke to the advisor and asked the same question - "What will happen to the 1st successful pre-settle application if the 2nd pre-settle application is rejected ?".

I was told that, they have received an email from their head according to which even if the 2nd pre-settle application is rejected, it will not replace the 1st successful application.
    Morning,

The Head of EUSS Caseworkers is the person I sent the emails to, so it seems to have done the trick!

I mean in terms of training rather than policy, since this has been written in the guidance since last year. Also note that the people who man the resolution centre are not the caseworkers themselves, they are not the people who make the decisions, so it wasn't an issue of wrong decision making, just a comms issue.

However, in that case the person needs to request EUSS to remove the 2nd rejected application from his record, otherwise, it will show the latest status as rejected.
    I can see how that would happen, and it shouldn't be too difficult to get it sorted.

I asked the advisor if she can forward that email to me or point me if it is mentioned in gov.uk site. The advisor informed the she can not forward that to me as that email was from their internal communication and also it is not mentioned in the gov.uk site
    They can't forward internal comms to people outside the organisation, that's in common with every organisation, and it would result in disciplinary action if they did. It isn't on the website but it is in the guidance I've been referring to, which is publicly available and much more detailed than the web pages.

This was something new for me hence thought of sharing with you.
    Thanks for the update, looks like my emails have worked!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hello Site Admin ,
      Indeed your emails worked ! Thanks a lot for taking this ahead and nailing it down. I really appreciate it !

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by zarag View Post

Point 2

I would further point out that any person can reapply for pre-settled status provided that they had a continuous qualifying period of residence which began before 31 December 2020, and which continues on the date of application (i.e. they had resumed residence here by then and didn’t since break their continuous qualifying period again). If a pre-settled status holder breaks their continuous qualifying period during the course of the validity of their pre-settled status, and did not resume residence in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will not be able to reapply for pre-settled status and would need to apply under whatever immigration route is open to them on expiry of their leave - unless that is they qualify as a joining family member upon expiry of their leave.

.> Doesnt the bolded bit mean that you would need to be in the UK to reapply even if you were in the UK on 31 December 2021?

Many thanks for your continued help.
        Site Admin I have the same concern as above pointed by zarag.
        What about all those people who were in UK before 31st December but left UK. Those people re-applied PSS in June 2021 within 6 months when they were in UK to reset their PSS. But they were not in UK at the time of application.

Comment

Hello Site Admin

Morning,

The Head of EUSS Caseworkers is the person I sent the emails to, so it seems to have done the trick!

I mean in terms of training rather than policy, since this has been written in the guidance since last year. Also note that the people who man the resolution centre are not the caseworkers themselves, they are not the people who make the decisions, so it wasn't an issue of wrong decision making, just a comms issue.
          I have got further new information on this front. Today the EUSS advisor on the call informed me that rejected 2nd pre-settled application will not replace the 1st successful application. However, even if your 2nd pre-settle application is successful, it will not replace / extend the expiry date of your pre-settle status. Which means your start and end date of pre-settle status will remain the same as per your 1st pre-settle status.

This is something new. Have you got any information in this regard. Can we get this in writing from EUSS or from the EUSS Head?

It seems they are changing their policies on daily basis

Comment

Originally posted by maakm View Post

Site Admin I have the same concern as above pointed by zarag.
            What about all those people who were in UK before 31st December but left UK. Those people re-applied PSS in June 2021 within 6 months when they were in UK to reset their PSS. But they were not in UK at the time of application.
            Morning,

When you make an application, they ask you if you are in the UK or otherwise, if required, they ask them for additional evidence.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hello Site Admin

I have got further new information on this front. Today the EUSS advisor on the call informed me that rejected 2nd pre-settled application will not replace the 1st successful application. However, even if your 2nd pre-settle application is successful, it will not replace / extend the expiry date of your pre-settle status. Which means your start and end date of pre-settle status will remain the same as per your 1st pre-settle status.

This is something new. Have you got any information in this regard. Can we get this in writing from EUSS or from the EUSS Head?

It seems they are changing their policies on daily basis
              Hello again,

We seem to be going round in circles with this. The writtend guidance hasn't changed at all. Although it was updated in May, this was only to include the grounds for late applications, the paragraph in question has been there since last year, which very clearly says:

If you grant pre-settled status where the applicant has pre-settled status, then it will vary (replace) the earlier grant of pre-settled status. The date of the first grant of pre-settled status will remainthe start date of their pre-settled status.The expiry date of their pre-settled status will be five years from the date of decision on the further application for pre-settled status.
              You will find this on page 52 of the EUSS Guidance, so we already have it in writing where it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X