Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Residence evidence of father for his pre-settlement application and future application for settlement

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Residence evidence of father for his pre-settlement application and future application for settlement

Hi, I am gathering supporting documents for the pre-settlement application of my father. He is travelling to the UK soon with the family permit. Does he need to provide the residence evidence? Currently I am renting an apartment and my father will live with me once he arrives. Can I use my tenancy agreement as an evidence and mention in the cover letter that he is going to stay with me? Do I need to obtain any form of approval from the landlord confirming that my father can move in? Actually I am buying an apartment now and hopefully I can exchange the contract with the seller in July, but currently I only have the Memorandum of Sale. Can I mention this in the cover letter or it is unnecessary and may just add complexity?

Another question I have is what evidence of residence can be used in the future if my father wants to get settlement (let's hope the pre-settlement status will be approved ), and I was wondering whether anything can be done after he arrives. Would the following be sufficient?
    - Open a bank account if possible
    - Register them on some bills if possible
    - Get a UK mobile phone number

Btw, my father's passport will expire next year. Would this be a concern in his application?

Thank you very much for the help in advance!

Originally posted by Coconut View Post
    Hi, I am gathering supporting documents for the pre-settlement application of my father. He is travelling to the UK soon with the family permit. Does he need to provide the residence evidence? Currently I am renting an apartment and my father will live with me once he arrives. Can I use my tenancy agreement as an evidence and mention in the cover letter that he is going to stay with me? Do I need to obtain any form of approval from the landlord confirming that my father can move in? Actually I am buying an apartment now and hopefully I can exchange the contract with the seller in July, but currently I only have the Memorandum of Sale. Can I mention this in the cover letter or it is unnecessary and may just add complexity?
    Morning,

Please note that pre-settled only requires evidence of having arrived in the UK with the family permit, there's no requirement to go into any of that detail regarding accommodation for EUSS applications.

The Home Office won't be interested in whether your landlord agrees with him living with you, etc. none of that is necessary. EUSS is based purely on UK residence and family relationship.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Another question I have is what evidence of residence can be used in the future if my father wants to get settlement (let's hope the pre-settlement status will be approved ), and I was wondering whether anything can be done after he arrives. Would the following be sufficient?
      - Open a bank account if possible
      - Register them on some bills if possible
      - Get a UK mobile phone number
      Absolutely! Get his name down on bills. Once he's got something with his name and a UK address on, it should be easier to open a conventional bank account (as opposed to one of the online app-based ones), as they usually ask for 2 proof of address in addition to photo ID (passport), especially for those without a credit file in the UK, this is to do with money laundering regulations that have been in place since the early '90s. Once he has the bank account in his name, physical transactions in UK establishments can be used to prove residence when it comes to applying for settled status. You may also want to look at the list here: Documents

Btw, my father's passport will expire next year. Would this be a concern in his application?
      Not at all, it only needs to be valid now at the time of the application. Once he gets his status, when he renews his passport, he can update the new details online, as noetd here: Viewing and updating your status

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thank you so much! That's very clear to me and now I know exactly what to do with his application and future evidences. Big big thank you!!!

I just realised one more thing: the passport of the sponsor (my husband) used for his pre-settled status has expired and he has recently got the new EU passport. I guess he needs to update his status with the new passport information. However, when I applied for my pre-settled status, I provided his old passport information. Once he updates the passport information, will my application be affected? And for my father's application, should we put the new passport number of my husband?

Comment

Thank you so much! That's very clear to me and now I know exactly what to do with his application and future evidences. Big big thank you!!!

I just realised one more thing: the passport of the sponsor (my husband) used for his pre-settled status has expired and he has recently got the new EU passport. I guess he needs to update his status with the new passport information. However, when I applied for my pre-settled status, I provided his old passport information. Once he updates the passport information, will my application be affected? And for my father's application, should we put the new passport number of my husband?
          Hello again,

Passport details can be updated online, however, this doesn't change the UAN number which is the reference to their status.

Comment

Many thanks! Then I will just let my husband update his status with the new passport info and put the new passport number in the application form of my dad if needed.

Comment

Apologies for having so many questions... I have read the guidance on UKCEN website about the supporting documents for the pre-settlement application of parents, but just want to double check with you: in addition to the documents that were submitted for the family permit application (such as sponsor’s identity and his UK immigration status, cover letter, relationship evidence, sponsor’s and my work details and rental agreement, etc.), we only need to add the stamp on his passport as proof of arrival of my father for his pre-settlement application?

I also made some bank transfers to my father recently. Should I attach the receipts as well even though it started quite recently?

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Comment

Apologies for having so many questions... I have read the guidance on UKCEN website about the supporting documents for the pre-settlement application of parents, but just want to double check with you: in addition to the documents that were submitted for the family permit application (such as sponsor’s identity and his UK immigration status, cover letter, relationship evidence, sponsor’s and my work details and rental agreement, etc.), we only need to add the stamp on his passport as proof of arrival of my father for his pre-settlement application?

I also made some bank transfers to my father recently. Should I attach the receipts as well even though it started quite recently?

Many thanks for your help in advance!
                Tim M (lawyer) could you kindly answer the above questions? Many thanks.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I would provide also their proof of travel - boarding passes, tickets, and especially the UKVI passenger locator form

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim M View Post
                    I would provide also their proof of travel - boarding passes, tickets, and especially the UKVI passenger locator form
                    Thank you for the fast reply. Yes, I will have all these documents ready.

Btw, how do you think about the bank transfer receipts if the transfer started quite recently? Is it worthing attaching them or it is not actually necessary?

Comment

Thank you for the fast reply. Yes, I will have all these documents ready.

Btw, how do you think about the bank transfer receipts if the transfer started quite recently? Is it worthing attaching them or it is not actually necessary?
                      It won't harm providing the receipts as well, I would attach those too.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

That makes sense. Thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
                        X