Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE EUSS family permit Passport renewal during while visa is in process

I filled and sent my EUSS family permit application online (I live outside UK) and had to renew my passport before going to give biometrics. Can I go to the biometrics with a new passport (I still have the old one too if that makes any difference), since the passport number given in the online application is not valid anymore?

Originally posted by Paika View Post
    I filled and sent my EUSS family permit application online (I live outside UK) and had to renew my passport before going to give biometrics. Can I go to the biometrics with a new passport (I still have the old one too if that makes any difference), since the passport number given in the online application is not valid anymore?
    Afternoon,

The family permit is a visa stamped on your passport, so it needs to go inside your valid passport.

Tariq N (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this? As the passport they used to make the application online is no longer valid.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Take both and request visa vignette is in the new passport.

I am the Principal of the Practice ACS Visas and I am a Level 3 Regulated Adviser, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide advice in both Immigration and Asylum. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tariq N for full details.

Comment

Working...
      X