Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Non eu citizen apply euss family permit

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non eu citizen apply euss family permit

Dear admin,

Thank you for helping all EU and non EU family members here to solve those questions.
    Here I have 2 questions, hope you can help me to confirm.

(1) I am EU citizen and got the pre-settled status already in 2019, If my non EU citizen mother want to come to UK then I will help her to apply
    EUSS family permit, but I want to know that does she can receive NHS service after getting family permit ? Or need to wait until
    pre-settled status came out ? Or just got the COA after application then she has NHS service ?

(2) I and my son are living in UK from 2019 and my husband due to work under contract and take care my mother in home country,
    so I don't have any finance or any evidence to proof that I am supporting her for living, because she is living with my husband and
    all expenses pay by my husband. If my monther apply EUSS family permit after Jun 30, how can I show the evidence to home office ?

Your quick reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jic

Originally posted by JIC888 View Post
    Dear admin,

Thank you for helping all EU and non EU family members here to solve those questions.
    Here I have 2 questions, hope you can help me to confirm.

(1) I am EU citizen and got the pre-settled status already in 2019, If my non EU citizen mother want to come to UK then I will help her to apply
    EUSS family permit, but I want to know that does she can receive NHS service after getting family permit ? Or need to wait until
    pre-settled status came out ? Or just got the COA after application then she has NHS service ?
    Evening

Please note that different criteria applies to different NHS services, some are free regardless of status. You may want to look at the NHS website: How to access NHS services in England if you are visiting from abroad - NHS

You will note that GP visits and emergency treatment (A&E) are not subject to status, it is mainly non-emergency hospital treatment and monitoring that requires EUSS status:
    Hospital services

Hospital treatment is free to people who are "ordinarily resident" in the UK.

To be considered ordinarily resident and entitled to free hospital treatment, you must be living in the UK on a lawful and properly settled basis for the time being. You may be asked to prove this.

You cannot be considered ordinarily resident in the UK unless you have indefinite leave to remain or status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

(2) I and my son are living in UK from 2019 and my husband due to work under contract and take care my mother in home country,
      so I don't have any finance or any evidence to proof that I am supporting her for living, because she is living with my husband and
      all expenses pay by my husband. If my monther apply EUSS family permit after Jun 30, how can I show the evidence to home office ?
      In order to avoid having to prove dependency, which may be difficult in many cases, ideally, she should make the application before the end of the month. Please note that the Home Office has confirmed that the date that counts is when the application is "open" not the biometrics appointment, so she could have it afterwards.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
        Evening

Please note that different criteria applies to different NHS services, some are free regardless of status. You may want to look at the NHS website: How to access NHS services in England if you are visiting from abroad - NHS

You will note that GP visits and emergency treatment (A&E) are not subject to status, it is mainly non-emergency hospital treatment and monitoring that requires EUSS status:

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry that I want to reconfirm if my non EU monther apply family permit and come to UK, she will apply the pre-settled ASAP and
        start to live here then she is "Ordinarily resident" or not ? As I know NHS may need people to proof with passport (Her situation holding EUSS family permit"),
        address evidence (I will add her name in council tax) and NHS also need status, if she not yet got the pre-settled status (Because may need take few month
        to get the result of application), then she has NHS service or not ? Because my mother quite old and I am afraid if she really get sick or need to do operation suddenly during to wait the result of EUSS pre-settled status if no NHS service include, we really can't afford the private medical.

With best regards,
        JIC

Comment

In order to avoid having to prove dependency, which may be difficult in many cases, ideally, she should make the application before the end of the month. Please note that the Home Office has confirmed that the date that counts is when the application is "open" not the biometrics appointment, so she could have it afterwards.

Yes, I understand apply before Jun 30 is much better, but for us the time really rather rush, if we are planning to help her apply after Jun 30,
          I and my husband need to show what kind of document to proof dependency ?

Hope you can give me some advice.

Thank you !
          JIC

Comment

Yes, I understand apply before Jun 30 is much better, but for us the time really rather rush, if we are planning to help her apply after Jun 30,

Hope you can give me some advice.

Thank you !
            JIC

In addition to proof of relationship and other evidence as per this post Evidence for parents, grandparents and great grandparents - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Here is how dependency is proved:

you will see at page 108 of the EUSS guidance Link

Evidence of dependency might take the form of for example:
            • evidence of their financial dependency, such as bank statements or money transfers to the applicant from the relevant EEA citizen (or qualifying British citizen or relevant sponsor) or the spouse or civil partner
            • evidence that the applicant needs and receives (or for the relevant period did so) the personal care of the relevant EEA citizen (or qualifying British citizen or relevant sponsor) on serious health grounds, such as a letter from a hospital consultant

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

In addition to proof of relationship and other evidence as per this post Evidence for parents, grandparents and great grandparents - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Here is how dependency is proved:

you will see at page 108 of the EUSS guidance Link
              Thank you for your reply and information.

Comment

Afternoon,

Just a quick note here, do bear in mind that, in the past, applications that hinged on dependency often failed on this point so, if at all possible, it would be better to at least start the application before the end of the month, as the Home Office has confirmed that the relevant date is when the application is open, not the biometrics appointment.

Money transfers are often not enough to prove dependence, for example, if the family member has an income of, say, equivalent to £800 a month and you send them £200 every month, that's not likely to be accepted as dependency, since the extra £200 won't be seen as essential for them to meet their needs, In the past, dependent relatives were often required to provide statements from their own bank accounts and full financial statements showing their income and expenditure, to show they were actually dependent on the sponsor. Also bear in mind that they may expect the dependency to have been going on for an extended period of time rather than just over the last few months. As dependency is still assumed for parents, we don't have any examples yet of how this will be implemented, but the above is from the days when other dependent relatives, such as extended family members, could make applications (this route is now closed).

Comment

Afternoon,

Just a quick note here, do bear in mind that, in the past, applications that hinged on dependency often failed on this point so, if at all possible, it would be better to at least start the application before the end of the month, as the Home Office has confirmed that the relevant date is when the application is open, not the biometrics appointment.

Money transfers are often not enough to prove dependence, for example, if the family member has an income of, say, equivalent to £800 a month and you send them £200 every month, that's not likely to be accepted as dependency, since the extra £200 won't be seen as essential for them to meet their needs, In the past, dependent relatives were often required to provide statements from their own bank accounts and full financial statements showing their income and expenditure, to show they were actually dependent on the sponsor. Also bear in mind that they may expect the dependency to have been going on for an extended period of time rather than just over the last few months. As dependency is still assumed for parents, we don't have any examples yet of how this will be implemented, but the above is from the days when other dependent relatives, such as extended family members, could make applications (this route is now closed).
                  Evening,
                  Thank you for your useful information.

Comment

Dear Admin,

Good morning !

Sorry that I have one more question, I am living in UK and I knew that my mother have to do the application
                    for EUSS Family permit outside UK, can I help her to do the online application ?

Thanks !
                    JIC

Comment

Dear Admin,

Good morning !

Sorry that I have one more question, I am living in UK and I knew that my mother have to do the application
                      for EUSS Family permit outside UK, can I help her to do the online application ?
                      Afternoon,

She needs to book an appointment in her own country of residence for biometrics, other than that, since the application is online, there's nothing stopping you from completing the form online for her, as long as you are able to get hold of the verification codes they often send to be able to log in.

Comment

Afternoon,

She needs to book an appointment in her own country of residence for biometrics, other than that, since the application is online, there's nothing stopping you from completing the form online for her, as long as you are able to get hold of the verification codes they often send to be able to log in.

Dear Admin,
                        Good afternoon !
                        After consideration, my mother doesn't has NHS services before get the pre-settled status in UK, so we decided not apply for her.

Thank you very much !
                        JIC

Comment

Dear Admin,
                          Good afternoon !
                          After consideration, my mother doesn't has NHS services before get the pre-settled status in UK, so we decided not apply for her.
                          Afternoon,

GP consultations and emergency treatment are free for all, it's only non emergency hospital treatment that would be subject to those restrictions, and only until granted pre-settled status.

Comment

Afternoon,

GP consultations and emergency treatment are free for all, it's only non emergency hospital treatment that would be subject to those restrictions, and only until granted pre-settled status.

Good morning !

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Have a nice day ~

Comment

Working...
                            X