Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

EU settlement for child without passport or ID

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HO User Group EU settlement for child without passport or ID

Hi, what should I do if my 2 years old doesn't have yet an Id or passport? How can I apply for him? Shall I apply with my id and just change the name and date of birth? What about when they are asking for the digital picture? Shall I send a picture with my face to be same as the id? I really appreciate your help, thank you

Originally posted by MariaBouzidi View Post
    Hi, what should I do if my 2 years old doesn't have yet an Id or passport? How can I apply for him? Shall I apply with my id and just change the name and date of birth? What about when they are asking for the digital picture? Shall I send a picture with my face to be same as the id? I really appreciate your help, thank you
    As the deadline of 30th June is approaching and all EU citizens should have applied for settlement by then, I recommend that you contact the EUSS resolution centre asap to request a paper form to apply for a child without ID or passport. We have been reassured that they will accept applications made with the birth certificate, although ideally, the children should have ID or passport issued after their birth.

So I would urge you to contact the EUSS asap either via the online form

Cookies are required to use this service – GOV.UK

Or via phone
    If you’re inside the UK

Telephone: 0300 123 7379
    Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8pm
    Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm
    Find out about call charges If you’re outside the UK

Telephone: +44 (0)203 080 0010
    Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), 8am to 8pm
    Saturday and Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm
    Find out about call charges
    If I were you I would try to contact them in both ways at the same time.

At the same time, I would try to urgently get your child a passport.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

The thing is I already sent my son birth certificates to them, he has 2 one Romanian and one British when I applied online I press the id and put the number of the Romanian certificate... And send by post both Both birth certificate, also I linked his application to mine. Do you think it will be OK like this? Cause they are saying it is possible to send birth certificate cause the child will get anyway same status as mine. I only need to prove that he his my son.. I don't know what shall I do know is the application going to be accepted if I didn't feel the paper form?

Comment

The thing is I already sent my son birth certificates to them, he has 2 one Romanian and one British when I applied online I press the id and put the number of the Romanian certificate... And send by post both Both birth certificate, also I linked his application to mine. Do you think it will be OK like this? Cause they are saying it is possible to send birth certificate cause the child will get anyway same status as mine. I only need to prove that he his my son.. I don't know what shall I do know is the application going to be accepted if I didn't feel the paper form?
        Thank you for the clarifications, I now understand you have already applied online and sent them the birth certificates, I was not aware that this process could be done online without the child's passport or ID. Now you just have to wait and see what they come back with, if you have applied with *your ID or passport they might ask further questions as this is the first time I hear of a parent applying for a child with the parent's passport/ ID, not the child's passport.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

On a different note, may I ask if Maria Bouzidi is your real name? We aim for all our members to remain anonymous - if you have chosen a real name as your forum real name we will need to change this. If so please do send an email to admin@ukcen.com and ask for a username change. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

Thank you for the clarifications, I now understand you have already applied online and sent them the birth certificates, I was not aware that this process could be done online without the child's passport or ID. Now you just have to wait and see what they come back with, if you have applied with *your ID or passport they might ask further questions as this is the first time I hear of a parent applying for a child with the parent's passport/ ID, not the child's passport.
            Tim M (lawyer) do you know of other EUSS online applications made for children using the parent's passport or ID card?

Comment

• Tim M
              Tim M commented
              Editing a comment
              no, I dont I'm afraid

They didn't reply yet so I am very concerned if the application is going to be take in consideration or not or I need to ask for the form, but I already send the birth certificates... I am trying to keep calling them I am waiting for 3 hours and no one is answering....

Comment

Sorry no its not my real name

Comment

Sorry no its not my real name
                Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

They didn't reply yet so I am very concerned if the application is going to be take in consideration or not or I need to ask for the form, but I already send the birth certificates... I am trying to keep calling them I am waiting for 3 hours and no one is answering....
                  The only option here is to contact them or just wait for them to contact you.

Comment

Thank you for your answer I really appreciate your efforts, they told me they will send me a form by the beginning of next week by email and send them back

Comment

Thank you for your answer I really appreciate your efforts, they told me they will send me a form by the beginning of next week by email and send them back
                      That's good - at least now you know what to do next.

Please do not forget to apply for your child passport as soon as possible too!

Comment

Morning,

They have recently started sending "paper" forms by email in order to speed up the process. They have also said it should be possible to send them back by email, not sure whether this is just the form or also the documents (such as photos of expired passports or scans of birth certificates) can also be submitted by email.

As I have a meeting with the Home Office in a few hours, this would be a good question to ask.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

The government has made the paper forms available to download. These must be used by people without a valid passport or ID card, including parents of children who only have a birth certificate. See: UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Form for family member of an EU its for non eu family member isn't it? For example if I apply for my son I need to use the first form isn't it?
                            Last edited by MariaBouzidi; 17-06-2021, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X