Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

Eu child visa

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Eu child visa

Hello everyone. Would very much appreciate if someone could help. I’m posting this on behalf of my cousin girlfriend. His girlfriend is of Romanian nationality and she has pre-settle status. Her younger sister she is currently in England right now on holiday and I believe she is around 10 years old. The older sister which has pre-settle status wants her younger sister to stay here in the UK and enroll her in an UK school. The 10 years old girl doesn’t speak any English and she came to England a few weeks ago. She has never been to the UK before. Her mother is on holiday too but she will return back to Romania and she’s hoping that her older daughter to be able to her little sister to reside here and go to school. I have looked on the government website and it looks like there’s very little chance for the young girl to be able to live here in the UK but hence I’m not 100% sure, I’m posting it here hoping that someone may be able to help. Many thanks, Alex

Originally posted by George88 View Post
    Hello everyone. Would very much appreciate if someone could help. I’m posting this on behalf of my cousin girlfriend. His girlfriend is of Romanian nationality and she has pre-settle status. Her younger sister she is currently in England right now on holiday and I believe she is around 10 years old. The older sister which has pre-settle status wants her younger sister to stay here in the UK and enroll her in an UK school. The 10 years old girl doesn’t speak any English and she came to England a few weeks ago. She has never been to the UK before. Her mother is on holiday too but she will return back to Romania and she’s hoping that her older daughter to be able to her little sister to reside here and go to school. I have looked on the government website and it looks like there’s very little chance for the young girl to be able to live here in the UK but hence I’m not 100% sure, I’m posting it here hoping that someone may be able to help. Many thanks, Alex
    Usually, we recommend that the person (your cousin's girlfriend) register with the forum so we can ask relevant questions directly.

Is there any chance she can register?

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

George88

Also - on a different note - as we aim for all our members to remain anonymous, may I kindly ask that you change your profile photo? Many thanks.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

Usually, we recommend that the person (your cousin's girlfriend) register with the forum so we can ask relevant questions directly.

Is there any chance she can register?
        I would love to if she could but she doesn’t speak any English and she asked me if I could help by posting the question here

Comment

I would love to if she could but she doesn’t speak any English and she asked me if I could help by posting the question here
          OK, fair enough.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Tim M (lawyer) could you kindly help with the above questions? Many thanks.

Comment

OK, to clarify, an EU national with pre-settled status can sponsor a close family member under the EUSS, that means a parent or grandparent, child or grandchild, spouse or civil parter. However, siblings are not regarded as close family members, they are regarded as extended family members and, unfortunately, this route closed at the end of last year.

It's not clear whether the little girl's mum lives in the UK or is eligible for status under the EUSS, in order to be eligible for pre-settled status, she would need to have been living here before the end of last year. Otherwise, as her daughter is an EU national with pre-settled status, she could also apply for pre-settled status on the basis of being a close family member, but she would need to do this in the next week or so, as dependency for parents will only be assumed till the end of this month. This is assuming that the EU national sponsor, the child, is aged 18 or over. If the mother obtains pre-settled status, her 10 year old daughter should be able to obtain pre-settled status as children under 21 get the same status as their parent.

As you can see, there is probably a way, but it's a roundabout way, with the child's mother obtaining status on the basis of her daughter sponsoring her, so she can then sponsor her younger daughter, as there is no way for siblings to sponsor. But if they decide to do this, the mother must make the application in the next few days as previously indicated.

She should be able to apply from either the UK or abroad, provided she can use the EU Exit app to read her passport. If she wasn't living here before the end of last year, she'll need to apply on the basis of the relationship to her daughter who has pre-settled status, providing birth certificate as evidence of relationship.

Hope this makes sense. Time is no on their side!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

the younger child cannot apply for pre SS if she has entered the UK as a visitor a few weeks ago. The only option is to apply for an EUSS family permit from Romania. But such an application would be very difficult as she is not dependent on her older sister. Instead she lives with her mother

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

OK, to clarify, an EU national with pre-settled status can sponsor a close family member under the EUSS, that means a parent or grandparent, child or grandchild, spouse or civil parter. However, siblings are not regarded as close family members, they are regarded as extended family members and, unfortunately, this route closed at the end of last year.

It's not clear whether the little girl's mum lives in the UK or is eligible for status under the EUSS, in order to be eligible for pre-settled status, she would need to have been living here before the end of last year. Otherwise, as her daughter is an EU national with pre-settled status, she could also apply for pre-settled status on the basis of being a close family member, but she would need to do this in the next week or so, as dependency for parents will only be assumed till the end of this month. This is assuming that the EU national sponsor, the child, is aged 18 or over. If the mother obtains pre-settled status, her 10 year old daughter should be able to obtain pre-settled status as children under 21 get the same status as their parent.

As you can see, there is probably a way, but it's a roundabout way, with the child's mother obtaining status on the basis of her daughter sponsoring her, so she can then sponsor her younger daughter, as there is no way for siblings to sponsor. But if they decide to do this, the mother must make the application in the next few days as previously indicated.

She should be able to apply from either the UK or abroad, provided she can use the EU Exit app to read her passport. If she wasn't living here before the end of last year, she'll need to apply on the basis of the relationship to her daughter who has pre-settled status, providing birth certificate as evidence of relationship.

Hope this makes sense. Time is no on their side!
                  Thank you kindly for your reply and for making this as clear as possible. The mother came to the UK at the same time as her little daughter which was a few weeks ago. Since then, the mother has returned to Romania and the older sister still hoping that there’s another way which I myself explained exactly the same thing as yourself that there’s very little routes to take apart from what has been mentioned above. I hope that the professional advice from you, may make her understand the situation in a more realistic way. Thank you again for your time explaining everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim M View Post
                    the younger child cannot apply for pre SS if she has entered the UK as a visitor a few weeks ago. The only option is to apply for an EUSS family permit from Romania. But such an application would be very difficult as she is not dependent on her older sister. Instead she lives with her mother
                    Thank you kindly for the advice. Hopefully the professional advice would make her realise and understand the situation and in a more realistic way and that unfortunately it is a little to late as the clock is ticking. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X