Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Historical Residence Settled status based on historical residence

Originally posted by nanard
    Thanks a lot
    Has this worked out for you? Did you receive a verification code? I am not receiving anything in Germany.

Originally posted by Susi0410

Has this worked out for you? Did you receive a verification code? I am not receiving anything in Germany.
    Morning,

Have you contacted the resolution centre?

Last night I spoke to a friend in Spain, she made an application with the app from Spain using her Spanish mobile (she's not lived here since 2000 but has come back every year as owns property in London). She got verification code sent to her phone.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Morning

No am unable to reach anybody at the resolution centre. I was in a queue yesterday for an hour and this is probably costing me a fortune everytime I am in the queue. I have asked a friend now to send me a UK prepard Sim card that will hopefully arrive. I am so much under pressure and it's devastating that I am not able to receive any help other than here on the form, so thank you very much.

Can you please help me to understand the last 7-year record check again that I had posted. The HMRC has confirmed they have my records from 1998 - 2005 and they are going to send me a statement now. I am worried cause nothing would show if they only do automated check based on my NIN for the last 7 years. I don't understand why this is limited to the last 7 years, why the historic evidence is not accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Susi0410
        Morning

No am unable to reach anybody at the resolution centre. I was in a queue yesterday for an hour and this is probably costing me a fortune everytime I am in the queue. I have asked a friend now to send me a UK prepard Sim card that will hopefully arrive. I am so much under pressure and it's devastating that I am not able to receive any help other than here on the form, so thank you very much.

Can you please help me to understand the last 7-year record check again that I had posted. The HMRC has confirmed they have my records from 1998 - 2005 and they are going to send me a statement now. I am worried cause nothing would show if they only do automated check based on my NIN for the last 7 years. I don't understand why this is limited to the last 7 years, why the historic evidence is not accepted.
        Hello again,

Glad to see you are getting the SIM issue sorted. There is no need to panic, although the deadline is approaching, you still have a couple of months left to make the application.

I can't tell you why they decided to limit the automated checks to 7 years, that's what they did, however, this feature was only intended to save time on both sides, even more so for the caseworkers, as in many cases, they don't need to look at additional evidence of residence, however, many people do not have records covering 5 years in the last 7 years, and even when they do, sometimes they aren't found, so this isn't critical. If these records don't find the required data to establish 5 years' residence, applicants are asked to provide evidence themselves.

As noted above, you can request your full employment history to HMRC as well as downloading your NI records online, which, again, go back to when you first got your NIN, mine go back to '84! You may also consider providing the NI records which you can easily get online, as evidence of 5 years' residence to start with, while you wait for your employment history from HMRC, which may take a bit longer. I'd suggest requesting this just as a fallback, in the event they ask for additional evidence of residence after getting the NI records, which they may or may not do. For example, when I applied for ILR via the Windrush Scheme, I had to provide evidence of residence since 1988, as you can only apply under the scheme if you lived here since then, so I provided NI records for the earlier years where I've not got any other evidence. At some point, they came back asking for additional evidence, which I didn't have for those years (late '80s to early '90s), so they eventually accepted the NI records and granted me ILR.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Good evening,

Thanks again for your response. Question to Siteadmin if you could please help:

I have sent the letter to HRMC now asking for my UK employment history from 1998 - 2005.
          From 2005 - 2008 I was sent frequently to the UK by my German employer and was technically travelling back and forth on assignments in the UK. I contacted them and asked to send an employment confirmation letter indicating specifically my assignment in the UK.
          Would you be able to know what exact details the Home Office requires?
          Do they want to see German payslips from my perm employment?
          Do they require specific dates I was in the UK?
          Will they accept the employment confirmation from the Germany employer?

Comment

Originally posted by Susi0410 View Post
            Good evening,
            Afternoon,

I've moved your posts to a new thread, as we had three different members asking questions on the old one.

Thanks again for your response. Question to Siteadmin if you could please help:

I have sent the letter to HRMC now asking for my UK employment history from 1998 - 2005.
            From 2005 - 2008 I was sent frequently to the UK by my German employer and was technically travelling back and forth on assignments in the UK. I contacted them and asked to send an employment confirmation letter indicating specifically my assignment in the UK.
            Would you be able to know what exact details the Home Office requires?
            They need anything that shows you didn't spend more than 5 years without returning to the UK.

Do they want to see German payslips from my perm employment?
            I don't think they would prove residence in the UK if they are issued in Germany.

Do they require specific dates I was in the UK?
            When you make the application, they will likely ask for evidence for certain periods of time, rather than specific dates, as the criteria is having spent at least 6 months out of every 12, during a continuous 5 year period, then not to have spent 5 years or longer, without returning to the UK to reset the clock, so it's not about specific dates but showing that you meet this criteria.

Will they accept the employment confirmation from the Germany employer?
            I can't tell you exactly what they will accept, nor do I know what the letter says, but you should provide it if it constitutes evidence of your returning to the UK. If it's not in English, you'll need to provide a translation.

Comment

Good evening Site Admin I have a follow-up question and hopefully, you can help. I haven't got all the paperwork ready, still waiting for the official flight certificate and NIN records to arrive. I managed to register and have a UAN Number now. Would you recommend starting with the application now and submit the rest when they arrive? I am asking this question because I don't know how they process it and I have zero access to the resolution team. Their lines are too busy for people outside the UK it seems. Thank you.

Comment

Good evening Site Admin I have a follow-up question and hopefully, you can help. I haven't got all the paperwork ready, still waiting for the official flight certificate and NIN records to arrive. I managed to register and have a UAN Number now. Would you recommend starting with the application now and submit the rest when they arrive? I am asking this question because I don't know how they process it and I have zero access to the resolution team. Their lines are too busy for people outside the UK it seems. Thank you.
                Hello again,

As you have a UAN number, that means you have already started the application, I'm assuming you've not submitted it yet. It is my understanding they would keep them live for around a couple of months, before sending a notification that they will be deleted by a certain date (this just happened to a friend of mine who thought they had submitted it but they hadn't). However, you haven't got that much time as the deadline to submit is under 2 months away. You may give it another couple of weeks or so, hopefully your documents will have arrived by then.

Comment

Dear Site Admin thank you very much for your continuous help and support. I am so pleased that help is offered it was a nightmare not being able to contact the resolution team from outside the UK.

I want to submit my initial application now although I haven't got all documents ready, but will continue submitting the rest depending on how long it'll take the HMRC etc to send them to me.

I have one more question to ask: Can I always go back and submit the rest, the other documents so to say, or am I only allowed to submit everything at once? And then wait for a caseworker to contact me? I need to be able to understand this. I read I can always add additional document and submit once I started the process. I will also add a cover letter. Thank you.

Comment

Dear Site Admin thank you very much for your continuous help and support. I am so pleased that help is offered it was a nightmare not being able to contact the resolution team from outside the UK.

I want to submit my initial application now although I haven't got all documents ready, but will continue submitting the rest depending on how long it'll take the HMRC etc to send them to me.

I have one more question to ask: Can I always go back and submit the rest, the other documents so to say, or am I only allowed to submit everything at once? And then wait for a caseworker to contact me? I need to be able to understand this. I read I can always add additional document and submit once I started the process. I will also add a cover letter. Thank you.
                    Well, one thing I can tell you is that my application still lets me upload new evidence right now, even though settled status was granted in December 2019!

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Well, one thing I can tell you is that my application still lets me upload new evidence right now, even though settled status was granted in December 2019!
                      Site Admin Yes, I read uploading is not a problem but if submitting further documents is allowed while waiting for status, is not clear to me. Should this be possible, I could just submit and inform the Resolutin Team to check the NINo records in the meantime instead of waiting for the NINo record to arrive which will take ages and I am having anxiety now. The HMRC confirmed my historic continuous residency on the phone. I should be able to submit now and inform the Resolution Team.

Maybe I should send an email with my UAN and ask them what I have to do?

Comment

Site Admin Yes, I read uploading is not a problem but if submitting further documents is allowed while waiting for status, is not clear to me. Should this be possible, I could just submit and inform the Resolutin Team to check the NINo records in the meantime instead of waiting for the NINo record to arrive which will take ages and I am having anxiety now. The HMRC confirmed my historic continuous residency on the phone. I should be able to submit now and inform the Resolution Team.

Maybe I should send an email with my UAN and ask them what I have to do?
                        Morning,

The EUSS team will not be able to check your NIN records if they are over 7 years old, since this is as far as the automated checks built into the system go. However, you can obtain your NI records online at any time, using this link: Check your National Insurance record - GOV.UK. I'm just looking at mine now. At the bottom of the page you will see a link that says: Print this National Insurance record. You should be able to save as a PDF or else just print and scan/take a photo.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	NIRecords.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	65933

You should be able to see the above, if you click on View details, you can see whether the NICs were from employment, NI credits, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NIRecordsDetail.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	65934

Both of the above would usually mean you were living in the UK, anything other than voluntary contributions should be taken to mean that.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Site Admin Good afternoon, I am aware you can print the NIN record but I can't and I spoke to HRMC about this that's why they are posting it to my address. My initial question to you was if I can let the Resolution Team know that HRMC confirmed my historic continuous residence and they can get the information from HRMC. This is the problem I am facing at the moment. What is your advice? I want to submit the application as soon as I can. Thanks

Comment

Site Admin Good afternoon, I am aware you can print the NIN record but I can't and I spoke to HRMC about this that's why they are posting it to my address. My initial question to you was if I can let the Resolution Team know that HRMC confirmed my historic continuous residence and they can get the information from HRMC. This is the problem I am facing at the moment. What is your advice? I want to submit the application as soon as I can. Thanks
                              The EUSS team will need to see the evidence, they can't rely on you telling them that HMRC confirmed something over the phone, but you can ask them to allow you more time to provide the evidence by saying you are waiting for HMRC to send it to you. But you also have the option to hold on to the application a bit longer, in the end, it shouldn't make much difference if they are not able to proceed with it further until you send them the evidence of historical residence anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X