X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Update new address in Settled Status records

Hello, I have SS and have recently moved back to Spain. I want to update my contact details on my SS, such as my new Spanish address & contact mobile number, but it says “update UK address”. Does anyone know if this is possible and where can I update it?

I have asked already in other FB groups and have been told there’s not need to update the address, that it’s not possible to maintain your “UK immigration Status “ with foreign address on it and to either leave it with the old UK address or update it with a friend’s UK address.

It just seems strange to me that whilst we are allowed to move away without loosing our SS, for up to 5 years, we cannot update our current address abroad…

please see screen shots once logged in I’m my SS records. From the last screen shot, would I be correct in assuming the UK address could be that one of a friend in the UK, as it is just for correspondence, as long as my friends forward it to me?

Thank you
    Attached Files

Saaima K (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on this?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you Site Admin for authorising my post.

Comment

Gabriella B (lawyer) Would you be able to comment?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Thank you Site Admin!

Comment

I don't think it's possible to insert a foreign address. If you want to give a correspondence address, that is possible as indicated in the last screenshot you uploaded, as long as you have access to that address and consent from your friend or whoever lives there. Once you are back, you will change your details with your new UK address

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

Hi Gabriella, thank you for your message. It makes sense.
              I hope this also helps others in a similar situation.
              thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X