Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Work in EU while live in UK with PSS

Hello,

I am EU citizen and have PSS granted in SEP 2021 based on evidence Dec 2020.

I am currently working in EU company. I am in talk with my company to move my job to UK based office but I think it is going to take some time. It may take 6 to 8 months may be more before company move my job to UK. Meanwhile, I will start living in UK and will from UK for EU office until company sort out their processes. I will be paying taxes in EU as well.

My question is, will it effect my SS application when I will apply after 5 years as I will be working and paying taxes in EU and while living in UK? In this case which category I come to fall in? self-sufficient person?

In long run, will effect my citizen application as I will not be working and paying taxes in UK. In terms CSI, I have heard horrible stories. In that case will I need to purchase CSI while I will be living in UK and working in EU based company.

Originally posted by maakm View Post
    Hello,

I am EU citizen and have PSS granted in SEP 2021 based on evidence Dec 2020.

I am currently working in EU company. I am in talk with my company to move my job to UK based office but I think it is going to take some time. It may take 6 to 8 months may be more before company move my job to UK. Meanwhile, I will start living in UK and will from UK for EU office until company sort out their processes. I will be paying taxes in EU as well.

My question is, will it effect my SS application when I will apply after 5 years as I will be working and paying taxes in EU and while living in UK?
    Morning,

Please note that the EUSS is based purely on residence, not on working, paying taxes, etc. so, as long as you spend at least 6 months out of every 12 living in the UK during the 5 year period, you should be able to provide evidence of residence to get settled status. This evidence can be anything, it doesn't have to be related to employment nor taxes. The automated checks of taxes and benefits records are just intended to save time for both sides, but mainly for the Home Office, who have processed over 6m applications! Not having had to manually examine evidence of residence for many applicants would have saved a lot of time, but if the checks don't find enough data to establish residence in this way, you can just provide your own, as noted here: How residence is assessed

You may also want to look at this other post, which refers to the documents you can provide to prove your residence: Documents

...where you'll see:
    Evidence covering longer periods of time

Documents that cover a longer period of time between 2 dates include:
    • annual bank statement or account summary, showing at least 6 months of payments received or spending in the UK, including joint accounts
    • employer letter confirming employment and evidence that the employer is genuine, for example, their Companies House number
    • council tax bill
    • letter or certificate from your school, college, university or other accredited educational or training organisation showing the dates you enrolled, attended and completed your course
    • invoice for fees from your school, college, university or other accredited educational or training organisation and evidence of payment
    • document showing a UK address from a student finance body in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland or from the Student Loans Company
    • residential mortgage statement or rental agreement and evidence of payment
    • letter from a registered care home confirming your residence there
    • employer pension contributions
    • annual business account of a self-employed person
    • a P60 for a 12-month period – your P60 shows the tax you’ve paid on your salary in the tax year (6 April to 5 April). We may ask you for additional evidence to confirm that you were resident here for at least 6 months of that period.
    • a P45 showing the length of your previous employment. You should get a P45 from your employer when you stop working for them.
    Evidence that covers shorter periods of time

These documents count as evidence for 1 month if they have a single date on. They can be used to cover a longer period of time if they have a start and end date covering longer than a month.
    • bank statement showing payments received or spending in the UK, including joint accounts
    • payslip for a UK-based job
    • water, gas or electricity bill showing a UK address
    • landline or mobile telephone, TV or internet bill showing a UK address
    • domestic bill, such as for home repairs, vet’s services or insurance, and evidence of payment
    • card or letter from your GP, hospital or other healthcare professional confirming appointments you have made or attended
    • letter from a government department, public service or charity that show you dealt with them on a particular date or for a particular period (for example Job Centre Plus or Citizens Advice)
    • passport stamp confirming entry at the UK border
    • used travel ticket confirming you entered the UK from another country
    • invoice for work you have done in the UK and evidence of payment

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

In this case which category I come to fall in? self-sufficient person?
      These categories were based on EU rules that came from EU directives, which no longer apply in the UK and do not have anything to do with the EUSS. So you don't fall into any category, you are either living here or you are not, that's all that counts to get settled status. From the moment you have pre-settled status, you can forget about those, since you are lawfully resident here under that status.

In long run, will effect my citizen application as I will not be working and paying taxes in UK. In terms CSI, I have heard horrible stories. In that case will I need to purchase CSI while I will be living in UK and working in EU based company.
      As above, none of this is relevant under the EUSS and, as you have pre-settled status, you are lawfully resident under it from the day you were granted it. The naturalisation application, which is entirely optional, only asks for lawful residence for the previous 5 years. As you need to have had settled status for at least 12 months before you apply, you should have had 5 years' lawful residence under your pre-settled status when you apply. There is no requirement to work, pay taxes, etc. only the good character requirement that refers to paying your taxes IF AND WHEN they are due.

No idea what horrible stories you will have heard, the media has a habit of overly exaggerating everything! in reality, everyone who came here before the end of last year or is a close family member of someone who did is/was able to get EUSS status, regardless of CSI, etc. so all this was a case of much ado about nothing. As above you don't need to concern yourself with any of this.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
      X