Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

If you would like to see this valuable resource remain open as a respoitory, we need your help with the cost of hosting it: Help us keep this site online

Unfortunately our funding came to an end. We achieved what we set out to do since 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less

Wrong dates

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ckk
    started a topic Query Wrong dates

Wrong dates

Hello everyone, I am confused here and will appreciate your help. There’s a conflict between the date showing on my husband’s resident card and the date shown on the gov website. He currently holds a pre-settled status and the dates showing on his BRP card Date of issue: 21/06/2019 - Valid until 21/06/2024. But when I log into the gov website & check his status, The date on the document shows as 6 July 2020 and it says that he can apply to settled status on 07 July 2025. The date on the actual BRP card is the true date we got his permit. Am I missing or mis understanding something or is there a mistake? Thank you for all the comments

• Site Admin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ckk View Post
    Hello everyone, I am confused here and will appreciate your help. There’s a conflict between the date showing on my husband’s resident card and the date shown on the gov website. He currently holds a pre-settled status and the dates showing on his BRP card Date of issue: 21/06/2019 - Valid until 21/06/2024. But when I log into the gov website & check his status, The date on the document shows as 6 July 2020 and it says that he can apply to settled status on 07 July 2025. The date on the actual BRP card is the true date we got his permit. Am I missing or mis understanding something or is there a mistake? Thank you for all the comments
    Morning,

The date on the card isn't relevant to the date when he can apply for settled status. He can make the application as soon as he has both been married 5 years and living in the UK 5 years, that's the criteria for settled status for a spouse of an EU national. When he applies, he will need to submit the marriage certificate showing date of marrige and evidence of residence for 6 months out of every 12, during 5 years. The status is granted based on this evidence, regardless of card issue or validity dates.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X