X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAWYER RESPONSE Proving Residency at UKVCAS for New Family Permit Holder

I am a US citizen living and working on the US, and my husband (EU citizen with pre-settled status) lives and works in the UK. I have just obtained my EU Settlement Scheme family permit, that is not stamped yet, as I have not yet entered the UK territory with it.

I have my appointment with UKVCAS to give my biometrics as part of my pre-SS application. Concerning the proof of residence asked: I know I need to provide ‘one document dated in the last 6 months.’

I will enter the UK on September 2, and will get my family visa stamped. I want to use it as proof of residence for my appointment on September 4.

My questions are:

-Will I be able to use this stamped family visa as proof of residence if I entered the country 2 days before my appt, or do I need to leave the country and come back before being able to use it at a proof of residence?

-If I cannot use my family visa, would proofs of a recent trip to the UK in the past 6 months on a tourist visa work?

Thank you!

Gabriella B (lawyer) Would they be able to use the stamped family permit as evidence of residence, possibly with their boarding pass? Am I right in saying they don't need to leave the country and come back?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

I think boarding pass and stamped FP should be ok, what they ask is a proof of address if you have any. I don’t understand why you think you should leave the country and come back, can you please explain because I fear I misunderstood your question.

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriella B View Post
        I think boarding pass and stamped FP should be ok, what they ask is a proof of address if you have any. I don’t understand why you think you should leave the country and come back, can you please explain because I fear I misunderstood your question.
        americantolondonplz

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
        X