Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

If you would like to see this valuable resource remain open as a respoitory, we need your help with the cost of hosting it: Help us keep this site online

Unfortunately our funding came to an end. We achieved what we set out to do since 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less

EUSS family permit applied before 30 June, dependency asked for pre settled application

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EUSS family permit applied before 30 June, dependency asked for pre settled application

Hi,

My father applied for EUSS family permit 2 March 2021 when dependency was assumed and received his family permit on 28 June 2021. He came to the UK in in August 2021 and we applied for pre settled status in August 2021. I thought the guidlines was if the EUSS family permit was applied before 30 June when dependency was assumed, the same would apply for pre settlement application, even if the application was made after June 30th 2021.

Unfortunately we received an email today stating:

We are in the process of considering your application. To complete our consideration we require the following additional information or evidence to help us to make sure we reach the correct decision:

Evidence that with regard to your financial and social conditions, or your health, you cannot (or, for the relevant period, could not) meet your essential living needs (in whole or in part) without the financial or other material support of your EEA citizen family member
    Evidence that support is (or was) being provided to you by the EEA citizen.

Does anyone have a link to the guidelines where it is mentioned that if EUSS family permit is submitted before 30th June 2021, pre settlement application would be processed the same way and dependency will be assumed?

Originally posted by Watandar View Post
    Hi,

My father applied for EUSS family permit 2 March 2021 when dependency was assumed and received his family permit on 28 June 2021. He came to the UK in in August 2021 and we applied for pre settled status in August 2021. I thought the guidlines was if the EUSS family permit was applied before 30 June when dependency was assumed, the same would apply for pre settlement application, even if the application was made after June 30th 2021.

Unfortunately we received an email today stating:

We are in the process of considering your application. To complete our consideration we require the following additional information or evidence to help us to make sure we reach the correct decision:

Evidence that with regard to your financial and social conditions, or your health, you cannot (or, for the relevant period, could not) meet your essential living needs (in whole or in part) without the financial or other material support of your EEA citizen family member
    Evidence that support is (or was) being provided to you by the EEA citizen.

Does anyone have a link to the guidelines where it is mentioned that if EUSS family permit is submitted before 30th June 2021, pre settlement application would be processed the same way and dependency will be assumed?
    Morning,

I've moved this thread to our new area of the forum, dedicated to these issues, as they are coming up all the time. You may want to refer to this other post: Proof of dependency request - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where I said:

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
    I have made this a "sticky" topic and have also created a new area of the forum for these queries, as we are seeing a lot of them.

I have sent an email to the Home Office to query this, and it was also raised at the last user group meeting last week.
    ...and our lawyer said:

Originally posted by Tariq N View Post
    I have seen a few refusals and all had to be dealt by appeals which is unfair. One of these applications was refused by the HO and then refused by the First Tier judge. Just goes to show that even judges get it wrong. It has now come to me to take to the Upper Tier. I am hopeful it will get resolved.
    Originally posted by Tariq N View Post
    All my appeals have been allowed at the First Tier on this and related issues of Family Permit applications made befoe 1 July 2021.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

2 March 2021: applied for EUSS family permit

21 June 2021: EUSS family permit approved

4 August 2021: father arrived in UK

6 August 2021: applied for pre settled status

16 August 2021: biometrics done

11 February 2022: email received asking for proof of dependency

14 February 2022: evidences uploaded

17 February 2022: pre settlement decision received

Originally posted by accio27 View Post
      Dear Watandar and Bella97 , could you please post your timelines? And Bella97 could you please tell us exactly which documents you uploaded?
      I am in the same boat since we are waiting for the decision on my momĀ“s PSS application. We applied for the FP before the dependency deadline but for the PSS after it. So I am pretty sure that they are going to ask us for proof of dependency as well and I want to be prepared. Thank you very much for your support!!!

Also thanks to the website admins and lawyers who have to deal with such incompetent people on a daily basis. It is embarrassing for the HO and even the courts that they are not even informed about their own rules and regulations.

Comment

Hi,

my father in law received his PSS today. He is a non EU family member of EU national.

his children live in Afghanistan.

thank you.

Comment

Hi,

my father in law received his PSS today. He is a non EU family member of EU national.

thank you.
          Morning,

I've copied these two posts over to your thread, which I shall be moving to our successes area, as you have successfully received two family permits!

I'm delighted to hear this!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Hi,

thank you.
            Brilliant news. Well done!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities

Comment

Working...
            X