Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

If you would like to see this valuable resource remain open as a respoitory, we need your help with the cost of hosting it: Help us keep this site online


Unfortunately our funding came to an end. We achieved what we set out to do since 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less

Mail

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Query Mail

    Hello Everyone

    I am EU citizen. Its regarding my parents application for EUSS Pre-settlement. My parent are here in UK on EUSS family permit. That time dependency was not required so they got visa. Their application was before 30th June 2021.

    After they come to UK I applied for their PSS. After 6 months, today I got email from them regarding to prove dependency. But they are working at a moment and living with me.

    In this case is their any thing we can do? When I apply for their PSS, on their application of Euss PSS it’s not mentioned anything about dependency.

    Please help me and let me know. Thanks a lot.


  • #2
    Originally posted by Sandy63 View Post
    Hello Everyone

    I am EU citizen. Its regarding my parents application for EUSS Pre-settlement. My parent are here in UK on EUSS family permit. That time dependency was not required so they got visa. Their application was before 30th June 2021.

    After they come to UK I applied for their PSS. After 6 months, today I got email from them regarding to prove dependency. But they are working at a moment and living with me.

    In this case is their any thing we can do? When I apply for their PSS, on their application of Euss PSS it’s not mentioned anything about dependency.

    Please help me and let me know. Thanks a lot.
    Afternoon,

    You may want to refer to this thread, please note mine, our lawyer's and other members' comments on there: Proof of dependency request.

    I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

    Comment


    • #3


      The last email I had from them on this subject said the following:

      Originally posted by European Casework said
      I can confirm that an application for an EUSS Family Permit submitted before 30 June would be considered in line with the guidance in place at the time the application was submitted. As such, if an application is submitted before 30 June and considered after this date, dependency would be assumed in line with the guidance in place at the time of application.

      Where an application is then made as a Joining Family member after the 30 June deadline, dependency would not have to be evidenced again since we would consider dependency to have been proved at Entry Clearance.

      I hope this is of assistance.

      Kind regards,

      European Casework

      I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

      Comment


      • #4
        Our lawyer said:

        Originally posted by Tariq N View Post
        I have seen a few refusals and all had to be dealt by appeals which is unfair. One of these applications was refused by the HO and then refused by the First Tier judge. Just goes to show that even judges get it wrong. It has now come to me to take to the Upper Tier. I am hopeful it will get resolved.
        Originally posted by Tariq N View Post
        All my appeals have been allowed at the First Tier on this and related issues of Family Permit applications made befoe 1 July 2021.

        I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

        Comment


        • #5
          ...but also see this from one of our members:

          Originally posted by Watandar View Post
          Hi,

          My father received an email on Friday confirming his application for PSS has been approved.

          when he received an email asking for proof of dependency I uploaded following documents:

          documents with my name on it:
          tenancy agreement
          utility bill
          council tax bill
          bank statement

          documents with my fathers name on it:
          letter from NHS
          Bank statement

          thank you admins and members.

          I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

          Comment


          • #6
            I was bit stressed but I am feeling little relax. Thanks for your kind suggestions.

            My parents are working does it makes any difference for providing dependency?


            Many Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sandy63 View Post
              I was bit stressed but I am feeling little relax. Thanks for your kind suggestions.

              My parents are working does it makes any difference for providing dependency?


              Many Thanks
              Evening,

              Well, technically, if they are working, they are probably not dependent, however, they aren't asking you for this, you may want to look at the kind of documents our other member provided for a successful application, while we get all this cleared up with the Home Office.

              I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank you for your kind reply.

                After we received a COA, my parents started to work. In COA its clearly written that COA holder are permitted to work. Also, when we applied for PSS no dependency was asked in the application. So, I am confused about dependency rule.

                Many thanks for helping me out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sandy63 View Post
                  Thank you for your kind reply.

                  After we received a COA, my parents started to work. In COA its clearly written that COA holder are permitted to work. Also, when we applied for PSS no dependency was asked in the application. So, I am confused about dependency rule.

                  Many thanks for helping me out.
                  Afternoon,

                  In general, under EU rules, parents could only be sponsored if they were dependent on the sponsor or their spouse or civil partner (i.e. in-laws). This category of family members was alwas referred to as "dependent parents". However, there was a kind of concession whereby, until the end of June 2021, dependency for parents was assumed, so there was no need to show it. If you haven't been asked to provide proof of dependency, then you don't need to provide anything else, unless they ask.

                  I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X