Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There are provisions for late applications for those who missed the June 30th deadline. New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues.

See more
See less

how long does it take to process a pre settled application submitted on 24.12.20 and non-EU family's members

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long does it take to process a pre settled application submitted on 24.12.20 and non-EU family's members

First thanks for the help and information you provide.
    I am married to a French citizen and live in England with a temporary visa granted for half a year and due to end in May 2021 (EEA FAMLIY PERMIT) together with my two children. The children and I are not European citizens.
    My husband submitted a request to Pre settled on 24.12.2020 To date no response has been received.
    In addition, my husband flew to France on 29.12.2020 to bring his equipment and since then has not been able to return to England because of covid-19 restriction .
    My questions are:
    1. Does the delay in receiving an answer to the pre-stalled request make sense? Do we need to do anything?
    2. Is the fact that he has not yet returned from France and left before 31.12 (but submitted the application on 24.12) problematic?
    3. Can the children and I apply for a pre settled even if my husband is not currently in England?
    4. I am considering sending my daughter on a family visit, would it be possible to apply a pre settled for her if she is not here physically?
    I'm really worried about not being allowed to rent an apartment because our visas are too short and so is a bank account, schools and GP.
    I'm afraid the visas will be invalid before we can get answers about the pre-settled.
    I would really appreciate receiving an answer.

Originally posted by Amy2013 View Post
    First thanks for the help and information you provide.
    I am married to a French citizen and live in England with a temporary visa granted for half a year and due to end in May 2021 (EEA FAMLIY PERMIT) together with my two children. The children and I are not European citizens.
    My husband submitted a request to Pre settled on 24.12.2020 To date no response has been received.
    Evening,

I've moved your post to our EUSS waiting lounge where you will see this isn't that unusual, and, being Christmas Eve, it was always going to take a bit longer due to many people, including Home Office staff, taking time out at that time of year.

In addition, my husband flew to France on 29.12.2020 to bring his equipment and since then has not been able to return to England because of covid-19 restriction .
    My questions are:
    1. Does the delay in receiving an answer to the pre-stalled request make sense? Do we need to do anything?
    No, you don't need to do anything, although you can try contacting the resolution centre if you wish.

2. Is the fact that he has not yet returned from France and left before 31.12 (but submitted the application on 24.12) problematic?
    The requirement is to have been living here before the end of last year, not necessarily to be physically present here at the end of the year. There are no travel restrictions after the application is made, in fact, it's even possible to apply from abroad, based on the relevant residence here. It would only be a problem if he spends more than 6 months out of the UK, but there's plenty of time left before that happens!

3. Can the children and I apply for a pre settled even if my husband is not currently in England?
    Yes, you should be able to apply providing evidence of relationship and giving his UAN reference, even if a decision hasn't been made yet.

4. I am considering sending my daughter on a family visit, would it be possible to apply a pre settled for her if she is not here physically?
    Yes, it is possible to apply from abroad, although the app can only be downloaded from within the EEA as far as I'm aware, so it's best to get it on her phone.

I'm really worried about not being allowed to rent an apartment because our visas are too short and so is a bank account, schools and GP.
    I'm afraid the visas will be invalid before we can get answers about the pre-settled.
    I would really appreciate receiving an answer.
    The family permit is valid for 6 months so you need to make an application before it expires, however, once you apply, you will get a Certificate of Application (CoA), which you can use to prove your rights here while the application is in process. Having a CoA usually makes it easier to convince others that you are here to stay, as opposed to a short-term permit.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick answers. I must say that you really calmed me down and made me quiet in my thoughts.
      One more question. How do I apply for pre-settled?. The children and I will not residents of the EU union, Is the passport scan through the app? Like I did to my husband? And the rest of course through the site?

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick answers. I must say that you really calmed me down and made me quiet in my thoughts.
        I'm very glad to hear that!

One more question. How do I apply for pre-settled?. The children and I will not residents of the EU union, Is the passport scan through the app? Like I did to my husband? And the rest of course through the site?
        If the app is already installed on the phone you intend to use, then you can just follow the usual process which I'm assuming you already know.

If the app is not installed and there are any issues downloading it, you may want to look here: EUSS - Installing and using the EU Exit: ID app from outside the UK - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
        X