Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting time for application

Hello,

I have recently submitted an application to switch from my current pre-settled status to settled status.
    My application was submitted on 05/07/2021 (non paper version, no criminal record etc..).

The Gov website states that waiting time can be anything between 5 working days and a month.

I have sent an e-mail today to the office to have an update on my application.
    Besides, the phone service says that at the moment it is not possible to ask queries about pending applications by telephone as they are extremely busy; Therefore the only thing they suggest is to wait (and pray XD).

Does anybody know how long the home office takes to process an application at current time? Is it really likely to be between 5 working days and a month?

I am a bit anxious about all of this as I need to complete my student finance application and this would change based on what status I receive.

Many thanks for reading this and for your previous answer on another post. Your help is so invaluable.

Best wishes,

Originally posted by piode92 View Post
    Hello,

I have recently submitted an application to switch from my current pre-settled status to settled status.
    My application was submitted on 05/07/2021 (non paper version, no criminal record etc..).

The Gov website states that waiting time can be anything between 5 working days and a month.

I have sent an e-mail today to the office to have an update on my application.
    Besides, the phone service says that at the moment it is not possible to ask queries about pending applications by telephone as they are extremely busy; Therefore the only thing they suggest is to wait (and pray XD).

Does anybody know how long the home office takes to process an application at current time? Is it really likely to be between 5 working days and a month?

I am a bit anxious about all of this as I need to complete my student finance application and this would change based on what status I receive.

Many thanks for reading this and for your previous answer on another post. Your help is so invaluable.
    Morning,

The 5 working days have always been extremely unrealistic, even at the best of times, very few people got a decision in so little time, yet they insist in having it on the website, only making it worse for themselves, as that will inevitably encourage people to make enquiries about their applications shortly after the 5 days are up. In reality, it is more likely to be between a few weeks and a few months.

When is your deadline for your Student Finance application?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks.
      Sorry I waited few more days in the hope to reply with a positive news. So far, I did not receive any answer yet.

The deadline for Student Finance is not so urgent (as it is possible to apply until 9 months after the beginning of the course).
      However, if the home office will not come back to me before the first of September I will lose the maintenance loan and the bursary I am expected to receive for the entire first term of the course (from 1 Sept until 1 January). Again, if they do not reply back by the 1st of January I would lose the second term and so on.
      Overall, it could be quite an important amount of money because of a delay I did not expect to encounter.

Do you think I should mention this to the home office and ask if they can process my application before the 1st of September?
      Would it make any difference?

Best wishes,

Comment

Hello,

Thanks.
        Sorry I waited few more days in the hope to reply with a positive news. So far, I did not receive any answer yet.

The deadline for Student Finance is not so urgent (as it is possible to apply until 9 months after the beginning of the course).
        However, if the home office will not come back to me before the first of September I will lose the maintenance loan and the bursary I am expected to receive for the entire first term of the course (from 1 Sept until 1 January). Again, if they do not reply back by the 1st of January I would lose the second term and so on.
        Overall, it could be quite an important amount of money because of a delay I did not expect to encounter.

Do you think I should mention this to the home office and ask if they can process my application before the 1st of September?
        Would it make any difference?
        Morning,

It may be worth contacting them, I recall one of our members who is a 17 year old school leaver who needed the status for a similar purpose, I sent an enquiry to the them and they didn't respond to me until much later, but the member did come here to tell us she had been granted status very shortly after that!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Did you send an enquiry by e-mail? Do you roughly remember how did you solicit a response?

Many thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Did you send an enquiry by e-mail? Do you roughly remember how did you solicit a response?

Many thanks.
            Afternoon,

Yes, by email, but this is via the Civil Society User Group I am a member of, we attend regular meetings with the Home Office.

Comment

Working...
            X