X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU settlement status

Hi! I have submitted my application for the Settled Status last Tuesday evening, 3rd of September. They estimate to get back to us on 4 calendar days. It has been almost a week. What should I do? I have been in the UK for 14 years and before the final submission they predicted to give me Settled Status because they have records that I have been in the country for 5 years at least.

Hi! You have nothing to worry, as we have seen anything between 20 minutes and six weeks in terms of approval times for Settled Status. The approval times vary wildly. Give it a few more days and if you still haven't received it, give the EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre a ring:

☎️ For any questions about the application, contact the EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre by calling 0300 123 7379 (inside the UK) or +44 (0) 203 080 0010 (outside the UK). Find out about call charges on Call charges and phone numbers - GOV.UK . You can also ask a question using the online submissions form
    Cookies are required to use this service – GOV.UK

Also remember to check your email spam folder, as the approval email from the HO might have ended up in there.
    I am an Admin and a volunteer, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Hi! It has been 6 weeks already and nothing. The Polish here in my work all have got it and many of them applied after I did. Not sure what is going on, but they aren't certainly following the order they receive the applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Mokita View Post
        Hi! It has been 6 weeks already and nothing. The Polish here in my work all have got it and many of them applied after I did. Not sure what is going on, but they aren't certainly following the order they receive the applications.
        Unfortunately we have been informed that the Home Office has now a backlog of thousands of application due to a sudden surge in people applying. This hopefully will be resolved soon. Please rest assured... There is no obligation to have settled status or pre settled status until 1 Jan 2021 in case of no deal and 30 June 2021 in case of a deal.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, though it is contradictory to what is being posted elsewhere. Someone just posted from your website that it takes up to a month. It has been 7 weeks for me. Now, every time I talk about this people think I am lying, because it takes other people a few days or a couple of weeks, or because they use the info from the app saying it takes up to a month.Soon I will have to have a new passport to change my name by marriage and this will be unresolved which will give me problems; many people don't know you have until 2021. I feel discriminated and I am sure this will give me problems at the airport or even with my employee, because soon they will start asking for the proof and I won't have anything to show. I won't bother you anymore with this issue, because in my case it seems there is no point. At least, keep up the good work with the people you can help. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, though it is contradictory to what is being posted elsewhere. Someone just posted from your website that it takes up to a month. It has been 7 weeks for me. Now, every time I talk about this people think I am lying, because it takes other people a few days or a couple of weeks, or because they use the info from the app saying it takes up to a month.Soon I will have to have a new passport to change my name by marriage and this will be unresolved which will give me problems; many people don't know you have until 2021. I feel discriminated and I am sure this will give me problems at the airport or even with my employee, because soon they will start asking for the proof and I won't have anything to show. I won't bother you anymore with this issue, because in my case it seems there is no point. At least, keep up the good work with the people you can help. Thanks anyway.
            If you are asked for proof of settlement scheme before the mandatory dates that would be discriminatory. If this happens please let us know.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, though it is contradictory to what is being posted elsewhere. Someone just posted from your website that it takes up to a month.
              You are probably referring to the post I made yesterday, regarding processing times. This was based on the information provided by the Home Office, who had previously been quoting highly unrealistic times of "2 to 5 days". But we have seen a number of members wait much longer than that, however, at the latest user group meeting on Friday, the Home Office confirmed there have been only TWO refusals, on the grounds on serious criminality. TWO out of nearly 2 million applications means the odds of being refused are extremely low, and the refusals have been for a reason that's clearly set out in the guidance. In other words, there is absolutely no need to worry, regardless of how long the process takes.

It has been 7 weeks for me. Now, every time I talk about this people think I am lying, because it takes other people a few days or a couple of weeks, or because they use the info from the app saying it takes up to a month.
              Processing times vary wildly, in the early days, some people got a decision in just 6 hours, this was when there weren't many applications being made. On the other hand, one of our members got his settled status after 6 months, although they are from outside the EU and the application was complex. But it goes to show the actual timings can be from 6 hours to 6 months!

Soon I will have to have a new passport to change my name by marriage and this will be unresolved which will give me problems; many people don't know you have until 2021.
              It is written all over the government pages, anyone who isn't aware can just be pointed in the right direction.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I feel discriminated and I am sure this will give me problems at the airport
                Actually, the Home Office has confirmed border control are not able to access EUSS records, and they don't even know whether they will be able to access them in 2021! The requirement to have status under the EUSS is not intended for border control.

or even with my employee, because soon they will start asking for the proof and I won't have anything to show.
                They have no right to do so and it's clearly written here: Check if a document allows someone to work in the UK - GOV.UK

...where it says:

There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens currently living in the UK until 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.
                This issue was discussed last Friday at the Home Office user group meeting, and they said any employer demanding status under the EUSS before 2021 could find themselves in the Employment Tribunal.

I won't bother you anymore with this issue, because in my case it seems there is no point. At least, keep up the good work with the people you can help. Thanks anyway.
                We can only help people apply, we can't get the Home Office to make faster decisions, but, as can be seen above, we CAN help clarify issues.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
                X