X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank View Post
    What a nice news! Whatever logic might be behind ... but if Home Office explicitly stated they accept joint accounts, is the logic not important.

Yes of course, there will be further evidence, but not in the first period (ca. half a year or year) of the 5 years. My only evidence for the first period will be the bank statements. That is why clarity about it is so important for me. Thank you much!
    Afternoon,

The logic is that many couples do have joint accounts, especially when they have only one income or run a business together, etc. and many would have been married and running a joint account for decades, with all household bills under the name of one of them, etc. so it wouldn't be fair not to accept the statements just because there is someone else's name on the account.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

Afternoon,

The logic is that many couples do have joint accounts, especially when they have only one income or run a business together, etc. and many would have been married and running a joint account for decades, with all household bills under the name of one of them, etc. so it wouldn't be fair not to accept the statements just because there is someone else's name on the account.
      Thank you! I think these all informations about joint accounts will help many people!

Comment

Originally posted by frank View Post

Thank you! I think these all informations about joint accounts will help many people!
        Morning,

Actually, this was one of the first questions that came up when the EUSS opened back in 2019, I recall asking it personally at a meeting back then.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
        X