Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query SS application - Biometric taken

Hi Team,

I am a non-EU citizen and a family of EU citizen who has granted SS. I submitted my application for SS on 4th September and received an email asking me to book the appointment to give my biometric information. I booked the appointment for Biometric and passport scanned on 9th September. The appointment went really smoothly. The officer who took my biometric and scanned my passport confirmed that my information was now submitted to Home Office. However, I did not receive any further confirmation regarding this.

So my questions are: how do i know that my biometric and scanned passport were submitted? Should I ask Home Office to make sure they have the information?

I know that a lot of people went to the same process as mine so I am just wondering if they receive any further confirmation after the biometric appointment?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Hi, as you said yourself above, the person working at the Scanning Centre had confirmed to you that your biometric information had been submitted to the HO digitally. The Settled Status applications normally take about 1-4 days to process, but the processing times are generally longer for non-EU family members. The HO only starts to process the application on the day that the biometrics are submitted (in your case on 9th September, so only a couple of days ago):

EU Settlement Scheme: current estimated processing times for applications - GOV.UK

Your application decision from the HO will arrive by email, so please keep an eye on your email folder and check the spam folder too (for some mysterious reason the emails from the HO often end up in there).

if you haven't received your approval after about two weeks, give the EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre a ring:

Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Hope that helps.

I am an Admin and a volunteer, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Hi Elli,

Thank you for your reply.

So I have nothing to worry about if the person working at the Scanning Centre confirmed my information was submitted. I can complete trust it is done then?

Now it is just a waiting game.

Comment

Yes, it's just a waiting game now. Good luck and please post about your success once you get your approval via email.
        I am an Admin and a volunteer, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Hi Team,

it has been more than a month now since I got my biometric taken on 9th September. I have contacted Home Office regarding my application via email and phone few times but they only gave a same standard answer that my application is with caseworker and is being considered and they cant tell when the decision will be made. I have not even received COA and it is really stressful. What should I do now? What is the longest time for the decision to be made in your record so far?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Hv09 View Post
            Hi Team,

it has been more than a month now since I got my biometric taken on 9th September. I have contacted Home Office regarding my application via email and phone few times but they only gave a same standard answer that my application is with caseworker and is being considered and they cant tell when the decision will be made. I have not even received COA and it is really stressful. What should I do now? What is the longest time for the decision to be made in your record so far?

Thank you
            Have you checked the spam folder for the COA email? If it is not there, then only thing you can do is keep contacting the resolution centre. Lately the Hone Office has reported a backlog of more than 350,000 applications so long waiting times can only be expected.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Hi Claudia!

thank you for your reply! I did check the spam folder but have received nothing . I will keep contacting them then. Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by Hv09 View Post
                Hi Claudia!

thank you for your reply! I did check the spam folder but have received nothing . I will keep contacting them then. Thank you again
                They should send you the CoA even if the decision has yet to be made, there is no reason no to send it if you have attended the biometrics appointment. In the words of a lawyer, when dealing with the Home Office, you need to be "polite but persistent".

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
                X