X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics experience

Had my biometric appointment today - was a bit flustered as I had an email yesterday saying I needed to upload my passport again as they “couldn’t find it in my uploaded documents “ - duly done and mentioned it during my appointment today and was told they don’t know why they do that as they always scan the applicant’s passport at the appointment.
    the appointment itself was easy - they check / scan your passport, take fingerprints and take a photo, and get you to sign the application electronically - they went through my application and checked that all the mandatory parts had been completed and that my uploaded documents were clear and asked if I had brought anything else with me to scan and upload
    All in all I would say it lasted 15 mins

the most stressful part for me has been that I had to drive for a couple of hours to every one of my appointments ( language test / life in the UK test and this one - 3 different cities for me Cambridge / Sheffield / Hull ( I live on the East coast of Lincolnshire ) finding somewhere to park and finding the location itself. But it’s all done and now we wait ……..

Originally posted by Mrs D View Post
    Had my biometric appointment today - was a bit flustered as I had an email yesterday saying I needed to upload my passport again as they “couldn’t find it in my uploaded documents “ - duly done and mentioned it during my appointment today and was told they don’t know why they do that as they always scan the applicant’s passport at the appointment.
    the appointment itself was easy - they check / scan your passport, take fingerprints and take a photo, and get you to sign the application electronically - they went through my application and checked that all the mandatory parts had been completed and that my uploaded documents were clear and asked if I had brought anything else with me to scan and upload
    All in all I would say it lasted 15 mins

the most stressful part for me has been that I had to drive for a couple of hours to every one of my appointments ( language test / life in the UK test and this one - 3 different cities for me Cambridge / Sheffield / Hull ( I live on the East coast of Lincolnshire ) finding somewhere to park and finding the location itself. But it’s all done and now we wait ……..
    Glad to hear it is done now. Well done and thank you for sharing your experience I am sure others in the forum will find it useful.

Now the waiting game - best of luck and please do keep us posted.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Will do and will definitely make a donation x this forum is invaluable

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs D View Post
        Will do and will definitely make a donation x this forum is invaluable
        Much appreciated!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

Comment

Working...
        X