>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful child passport application relying on WRS ruling - it can be done!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letters from Passport Office
    Attached Files

Comment

Veera T (lawyer) Would you be able to comment? To me, it seems like a very clear case of playing silly buggers, by reverting back to 2011 on the second letter, when they had previously acknowledged the end of the WRS in 2009 in the first letter!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
        Veera T (lawyer) Would you be able to comment? To me, it seems like a very clear case of playing silly buggers, by reverting back to 2011 on the second letter, when they had previously acknowledged the end of the WRS in 2009 in the first letter!
        This is infuriating!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

This is infuriating!
          I agree, and, in my view, a blatant attempt at fudging things and ignoring the judgment!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Tim M Would you be able to comment?

Comment

you need to point out the contradiction in their letters and that the WRS scheme was found to be unlawful after 2009 by the Supreme Court

I am an Immigration Adviser with Commonwealth Immigration. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Tim M for full details.

Comment

Hello
                I pointed out the contradiction in their letters. Today, after a week, I received the passport. HURRAY.
                Thank you for all your help. I wouldn't achieve it without your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Betsi View Post
                  Hello
                  I pointed out the contradiction in their letters. Today, after a week, I received the passport. HURRAY.
                  WOW! This is excellent news! I'm so happy for you, it deserves fireworks!

Comment

I'm making this thread a sticky here in the successes area, as it shows it is possible to get a UK passport for a child relying on the recent ruling declaring the extension of the WRS from April 2009 to 2011, unlawful, despite all the faffing around from HMPO!

Best Christmas present ever!

Comment

For reference, this is the post regarding the Supreme Court ruling: Supreme Court rules WRS extension unlawful - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

This ruling has an effect on the following situations amongst others:

• Parents may have been unable to get a British passport for their UK born children on the grounds of not having acquired PR status before the birth by not being able to count these two years, towards their PR status.
                      • Parents whose children were born before they would have acquired PR status may not have been able to register them as British at a time when registration fees were lower if they were not regarded as having acquired PR status because of this.
                      • Parents may have had trouble renewing their children's British passports if they didn't have a WRS document covering this period.

Comment

If you think we have helped with this, you may consider supporting us so we can carry on helping others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Originally posted by Betsi View Post
                          Hello
                          Fantastic! So very happy for you!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
                          X