>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citizenship - can a spouse married to a British Citizen & a carer obtain British citizenship

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post
    You are not the only one, in fact, I've lived here since the '80s and the first time I heard of CSI was in 2015! The vast majority of people hadn't heard about it either.

A number of our lawyers are ready to challenge any refusals made on these basis, and we also have a barrister on board who is also interested in a legal challenge against this.

So far, we've not seen a single refusal made on these basis, so there really is no precedent, I'm afraid for now all we can do is wait and see, but rest assured our lawyers would be at hand to help should things go wrong. Hopefully they won't, and you should also note that the CSI requirement is for students and self-sufficient persons, rather than carers.
    lets hope so , i know its only Wednesday but i been a bag of nerves since Monday I am so grateful for all of you at UKCEN as you bring us all hope especially people like myself who lives here so long dreaming to become a dual national , but also thinking that i will never have a chance to do it due to my circumstances xx

Comment

I JUST GOT " THE EMAIL" !!!!!!!!!!!
      I am officially Brit-ish - will be British aftr the ceremony
      my timeline
      27 November 2019 - got settled status
      11 January 2020 Passed English B1 test
      14 January 2020 Passed Life in uk test
      17 Feb 2020 - Applied for citizenship
      19 Feb 2020 UKVCAS appointment
      4 June 2020 - Got the email
      Awaiting citizenship ceremony

I cried !! from happiness i never thought it would be possible for someone like me - a carer to a disabled husband , someone who never thought a citizenship is within a reach , but got inspired and motivated by finding one more lady in same situation on your facebook gropup
      Then supported by you all , and encouraged that i to can become a British citizen - i went and done it ! - words cannot express not only how i feel right now but my gratitude to all of you
      i cannot wait to have my ceremony now
      and just in case id love if you didnt split this thread - in case more carers / disabled are looking into obtaining citizenship but do not think its possible !!!
      Thank you all !!
      and of course once i have some herbal tea to calm down hahaha i donate too , i also would love to find ways to get involved in helping others on similar journey - not sure how yet x
      Last edited by raija88; 04-06-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by raija88 View Post
        my timeline

I cried !! from happiness i never thought it would be possible for someone like me - a carer to a disabled husband , someone who never thought a citizenship is within a reach , but got inspired and motivated by finding one more lady in same situation on your facebook gropup
        Then supported by you all , and encouraged that i to can become a British citizen - i went and done it ! - words cannot express not only how i feel right now but my gratitude to all of you
        and just in case id love if you didnt split this thread - in case more carers / disabled are looking into obtaining citizenship but do not think its possible !!!
        Thank you all !!
        and of course once i have some herbal tea to calm down hahaha i donate too , i also would love to find ways to get involved in helping others on similar journey - not sure how yet x
        I am absolutely super happy for you! Congratulations!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

my timeline

Thank you all !!
          If you think we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so we can carry on helping others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

I am absolutely super happy for you! Congratulations!
            yayyyyyy also i just donted ) now off to fb group to share the news

Comment

Thank you all !!
              I am so happy to see more carers were being able to naturalise as British. Site Admin FYI (recorded too).

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

I am so happy to see more carers were able to naturalise as British. Site Admin FYI (recorded too).
                i am still crying ! its been a maybe short road in terms of timeline but a long road since "THE VOTE" so happy - i cant even put it into words xx

Comment

i am still crying ! its been a maybe short road in terms of timeline but a long road since "THE VOTE" so happy - i cant even put it into words xx
                  I can feel your happiness from here and it is amazing! Well done!

Comment

my timeline

Thank you all !!
                    I'm so happy for you!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

yayyyyyy also i just donted ) now off to fb group to share the news

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Site Admin View Post

I'm so happy for you!

Still i cant believe I DONE IT !!! yayyyyyy

Comment

Working...
                        X