>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone granted British citizenship since beginning of April 2020?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Anyone granted British citizenship since beginning of April 2020?

I know, there are no ceremonies atm.

My question, as the title says: Is there anyone who received British citizenship recently?

Hands up!

Originally posted by Kraven View Post
    I know, there are no ceremonies atm.

My question, as the title says: Is there anyone who received British citizenship recently?

Hands up!
    Hello,

There's not been anyone having reported getting a decision letter in the last week, which would be the period since the month started, in fact, the last ones were reported on March 26, which would roughly coincide with the time when all centres, including both language/LITUK test centres and biometric enrolment centres, got shut down. Although we have written confirmation from the Home Office that EUSS applications are still being processed, citizenship applications are handled by a different team, so not really sure whether they are still being processed at this point.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I do wish they'd at least email to say what's happening or to say that they're not considering applications at the moment! It's already been 4 months since I applied.

Comment

Well, it's now 11 months since I applied. Good things come to those who wait

Will be interesting when we get the first great brown letters again.

Comment

I hope so, for both of us!

Comment

also been waiting 9 months now

Comment

Me waiting also nine months. So let’s wait a bit longer... keep healthy everyone

Comment

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I have been waiting for 10 months...getting desperate....

Comment

Originally posted by Tryingtostaypositive View Post
                    I have been waiting for 10 months...getting desperate....
                    It is my understanding that they are still processing applications, however, they are not communicating results, since it's not possible to book and have a ceremony at the moment. I expect a barrage of approval letters once this is all over.

Comment

Thank you very much, I hope so too. Nevertheless I've written to them so they don't forget me...!

Comment

Originally posted by Tryingtostaypositive View Post
                        Thank you very much, I hope so too. Nevertheless I've written to them so they don't forget me...!
                        We are looking forward to a sequence of yays!

Comment

Hello again,

this is the answer i received in an email this morning:

"By way of background, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.
                          The nature and extent of those enquiries, and the length of time taken to complete them, varies according to the particular circumstance of each application.
                          The progress of outstanding enquiries is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on our behalf. It is only when we have the results of the enquiries that we can reach a decision on whether citizenship should be granted. We do not, ourselves, carry out these checks and we cannot, therefore, be sure how long they will take in each case.
                          I appreciate that UKVI website gives the following information in relation to waiting times for naturalisation applications:
                          "All applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. Because of these enquires, we anticipate that applications may take up to six months to complete. Some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out".
                          As you will note, it is also made clear on the website that, in some cases, these enquiries may take longer than average to complete. You will appreciate the need to be careful and thorough in such matters.

The enquiries are still ongoing in regards to your application and we are sorry for the delay. As soon as the enquiries outstanding on your application are completed, we will ensure that an immediate decision is taken, and that you will be notified accordingly."

Should i be worried?
                          Thank you for your feedback

hope you're all safe and sound xx

Comment

I’ve received similar answer few times in my almost ten months waiting so far. Don’t worry we just have to wait patiently. X

Comment

Ah thank you Jtocin! I'm just so fed up right now...I might have to change my name to "Failingtostaypositive"... xx

Comment

Working...
                              X