>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone granted British citizenship since beginning of April 2020?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tryingtostaypositive View Post
    Hello again,

this is the answer i received in an email this morning:

"By way of background, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.
    The nature and extent of those enquiries, and the length of time taken to complete them, varies according to the particular circumstance of each application.
    The progress of outstanding enquiries is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on our behalf. It is only when we have the results of the enquiries that we can reach a decision on whether citizenship should be granted. We do not, ourselves, carry out these checks and we cannot, therefore, be sure how long they will take in each case.
    I appreciate that UKVI website gives the following information in relation to waiting times for naturalisation applications:
    "All applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. Because of these enquires, we anticipate that applications may take up to six months to complete. Some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out".
    As you will note, it is also made clear on the website that, in some cases, these enquiries may take longer than average to complete. You will appreciate the need to be careful and thorough in such matters.

The enquiries are still ongoing in regards to your application and we are sorry for the delay. As soon as the enquiries outstanding on your application are completed, we will ensure that an immediate decision is taken, and that you will be notified accordingly."

Should i be worried?

Thank you for your feedback

hope you're all safe and sound xx
    That seems to confirm the theory I have put forward on other occasions, regarding applications that take over six months, it looks like they pick some at random, to make further enquiries about, as they say they may liaise with HMRC and other agencies, that means they probably don't do it with every application due to time and workload considerations, but may carry out "random checks" just as they used to do at the airport. From what I have seen, most applications taking over six months are not particularly complex (despite what some Home Office letters used to say about "complex issues, which were just generic template letters), so it sounds like they were just picked at random, probably every xxth application. I've not seen any of those that took so long being refused, so no reason to worry.

You may also recall I posted on other threads that my ILR application under the Windrush scheme took a year and two months, and was successful. I always suspected they were verifying my NI records with HMRC, who are notorious for taking a long time to respond to enquiries. In this case, because, in the absence of evidence for each and every year going back to the '80s, I had to rely on my NIC records to establish residence. For a citizenship application, they would only check the last 10 years (if the applicant has lived here 10 years or longer), as noted on the form, but HMRC would probably take their time. That would explain why some applications take so long.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I placed my application beginning of June 2019. Today I received an e-mail from the home office.

A PDF was attached, and when I opened it, I read the first line: "I am pleased to confirm ..."

What? Not really? They don't send e-mails!

"... has been successful. The next step is to attend a British citizenship ceremony."

Oh my fat goods, they do send e-mails! I checked the e-mail address twice, it came from the home office, no hoax or spam, it must be true.

Apparently I have 6 months time now to book a ceremony, that's good. I wasn't waiting anymore, especially not now during CoVid19. I still can't believe it.

A big fat YAY from me!
      Last edited by Kraven; 02-06-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kraven View Post
        I placed my application beginning of June 2019. Today I received an e-mail from the home office.

A PDF was attached, and when I opened it, I read the first line: "I am pleased to confirm ..."

They do now! All recent decisions have been by email!

"... has been successful. The next step is to attend a British citizenship ceremony."

Oh my fat goods, they do send e-mails! I checked the e-mail address twice, it came from the home office, no hoax or spam, it must be true.

Apparently I have 6 months time now to book a ceremony, that's good. I wasn't waiting anymore, especially not now during CoVid19. I still can't believe it.

A big fat YAY from me!
        This is excellent news! They are now coming thick and fast!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

If you think we have been of help, you may consider supporting us so we can carry on helping others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Fantastic!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
            Be still my beating heart, I hope it'll be my turn soon...

Take care! xx

Comment

Fantastic news hope it's my turn soon also

Comment

A big fat YAY from me!
                Fantastic news! Congratulations!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryingtostaypositive View Post
                  I have been waiting for 10 months...getting desperate....
                  Good things come to those who wait...

A huge thank you to this forum!!! - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

Comment

Working...
                  X