X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success AN application with settled status

Hi, in similar situation as Gini above, I was granted a settled status back in Feb 19 and I submitted my naturalisation application in February 20. In my application there were no questions or documentation I had to provide to prove that I have exercised my rights as an EU citizen under EEA rules. The only proof I was asked to provide was the proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions for which I used my ILR under SS and a Blue Registration Certificate. I have been in UK since 2011 and exercising my treaty rights as an EU citizen since Croatia joined the EU in 2013. I never held a CSI but held an European Health Insurance Card for the entire period from 2013-2020. When I was applying for my Blue Registration Certificate in 2015 noone enquired about CSI or EHIC even though this was a requirement at the time for obtaining a Blue Registration Certificate. In case HO now inquires about additional evidence of my lawful residence as part of my pending citizenship application, I wonder if my Blue Registration Certificate would be sufficient evidence, or would I need to provide all of the EHIC cards that I had for the 4 year period before I was granted a SS? Many thanks.

It depends on what is asked. Remember that if you were working or economically active you don't need a CSI/EHIC for that period. if you were a student/self-sufficient you will have to submit evidence you had enough funds and your CSI. If you were a carer they may not ask you additional evidence, we don't know how they look at carer's cases, but if they do ask for evidence, please keep us posted and we will try to assist. All the best to you and the others on the forum!

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

letacool I have moved your post to a new thread to avoid confusion on the other one, as every case is different.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Site Admin thank you, I would just like to clarify in regards to my position and journey so far:

- Arrived in UK in September 2011 as a Tier 4 International Student
        - in July 2013 Croatia joins the EU but I spend a year abroad in Australia and do not have the CSI or EHIC for the period from July 2013-September 2014
        - I was a full time student from Sept 2014-June 2015
        - Obtained a Blue Registration Certificate in Sept 2015
        - In full time employment from Sept 2015-June 2016
        - Masters Degree from Sept 2016-August 2017
        - Full time employment from August 2017 - present.
        - Obtained Settled Status in Feb 2019
        - Applied for citizenship in Feb 2020

I have never held a CSI but had an EHIC card for the period from 2014 to 2019, the issue I have is that a) I cannot locate the EHIC that could cover period from 2014-2015 b) none of the EHIC Cards that I have for the period from 2015-2019 have a valid from date only valid until and they expire every year, so unsure how could I prove that I held a valid EHIC card for the period relied upon, when I was a student if that information is not even provided on the card, is there alternative evidence I could provide, especially if I cannot locate the card from 2014?

Comment

Originally posted by letacool View Post
          Site Admin thank you, I would just like to clarify in regards to my position and journey so far:

- Arrived in UK in September 2011 as a Tier 4 International Student
          - in July 2013 Croatia joins the EU but I spend a year abroad in Australia and do not have the CSI or EHIC for the period from July 2013-September 2014
          - I was a full time student from Sept 2014-June 2015
          - Obtained a Blue Registration Certificate in Sept 2015
          - In full time employment from Sept 2015-June 2016
          - Masters Degree from Sept 2016-August 2017
          - Full time employment from August 2017 - present.
          - Obtained Settled Status in Feb 2019
          - Applied for citizenship in Feb 2020

I have never held a CSI but had an EHIC card for the period from 2014 to 2019, the issue I have is that a) I cannot locate the EHIC that could cover period from 2014-2015 b) none of the EHIC Cards that I have for the period from 2015-2019 have a valid from date only valid until and they expire every year, so unsure how could I prove that I held a valid EHIC card for the period relied upon, when I was a student if that information is not even provided on the card, is there alternative evidence I could provide, especially if I cannot locate the card from 2014?
          Gabriella B (lawyer) Would you be able to comment on the above?

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

It is worth contacting your national health department for confirmation that you were covered by the national health system, they can confirm that EHICs to cover the relevant period were issued to you. The EHIC is acceptable, you don't need a private insurance.

I am the director of MGBe Legal, an OISC regulated company. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Gabriella B for full details.

Comment

HI again, I have now gotten response from my national health system. They told me they can only provide me with E104, which I have read on other forums is not an acceptable proof of holding valid CSI, could you please comment?

Comment

HI again, I have now gotten response from my national health system. They told me they can only provide me with E104, which I have read on other forums is not an acceptable proof of holding valid CSI, could you please comment?
                Gabriella B (lawyer) could you please comment - many thanks.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Form E104 is not mentioned in the HO guidance as one of the accepted documents, but it is a confirmation that the applicant was covered by the health system of their country of origin, and it is not specifically excluded. It is certainly arguable that it should suffice.

Comment

Hi, thank you so much for all the advice, I now have the form translated in English and I want to send this additional information, together with my remaining EHICs and a cover letter to Home Office. In the light of the recent caseworker guidance update on needing to confirm applicant's right to reside based on the EEA Treaty rights which in my case also means CSI, I want to preempt any possibility of refusal given that I didn't provide this information with my original application. Could I just check that this is the best email address to send this information to: furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk ?

Comment

Hi, thank you so much for all the advice, I now have the form translated in English and I want to send this additional information, together with my remaining EHICs and a cover letter to Home Office. In the light of the recent caseworker guidance update on needing to confirm applicant's right to reside based on the EEA Treaty rights which in my case also means CSI, I want to preempt any possibility of refusal given that I didn't provide this information with my original application. Could I just check that this is the best email address to send this information to: furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk ?
                      Gabriella B (lawyer) I would like your view on the above, would you recommend sending all this out of the blue for an application submitted months ago, or would you suggest waiting for the Home Office to contact them asking for the additional evidence if they think it's necessary, as it doesn't sound like they have asked for anything?

Comment

According to the guidance, the caseworker should contact the applicant if they have any questions or require additional information. I would probably wait, but there is no right or wrong answer.

Comment

Great news this morning! I have now received a confirmation of my successful application for British Citizenship, was never asked in the end for additional documentation to prove I had CSI in the period I was a student! Needless to say I am over the moon. This was by far the most stressful 4 months I had in a long time, but it was all worth it in the end Thank you for all the advice and support!

Comment

Great news this morning! I have now received a confirmation of my successful application for British Citizenship, was never asked in the end for additional documentation to prove I had CSI in the period I was a student! Needless to say I am over the moon. This was by far the most stressful 4 months I had in a long time, but it was all worth it in the end Thank you for all the advice and support!
                            WOW! Excellent news indeed! This calls for a celebration!

Comment

If you think we have helped, you may consider supporting us so we can continue helping others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Working...
                              X