X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success Got my settled status

Yay! I received my settled status today. It took me a long time to apply, as I had trouble getting all the relevant information I needed to apply. I knew I would be asked to give complementary information, so I made sure - thanks to you guys- that I would have everything I needed - and more. So after storing 7kg of paperwork, I finally gathered the courage to apply on the 25th of May 2020. Having been mainly at home, with short periods of work (mostly self-employed), I had a very patchy history. Luckily I have had private insurance since my arrival (in 2009), but all I could submit, except a few bills in my name, were my bank records. My husband managed to zip everything for me - without him I would have been lost. It was very stressful, took us 5hours to complete the online request, and my hubby (who's British) was shocked at the way the questions were formulated. But we got there, and I received confirmation of my settled status an hour ago! Just one question - my status is in my maiden name - I am italian- but they haven't used my married name (despite the fact I declared it, and all the paperwork I sent was in my married name). Is this normal?
    Once again, thank you for your help, on Facebook and here. You guys rock!

Originally posted by LadyRogers View Post
    Yay! I received my settled status today.
    WOW! This is brilliant news!

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

It took me a long time to apply, as I had trouble getting all the relevant information I needed to apply. I knew I would be asked to give complementary information, so I made sure - thanks to you guys- that I would have everything I needed - and more. So after storing 7kg of paperwork, I finally gathered the courage to apply on the 25th of May 2020. Having been mainly at home, with short periods of work (mostly self-employed), I had a very patchy history.
      Luckily I have had private insurance since my arrival (in 2009)
      , but all I could submit, except a few bills in my name, were my bank records.
      Just to clarify, the infamous CSI requirement has nothing to do with settled status applications, I'm just saying this for the benefit of others who may be reading this public forum.

My husband managed to zip everything for me - without him I would have been lost. It was very stressful, took us 5hours to complete the online request, and my hubby (who's British) was shocked at the way the questions were formulated.

Did you apply online? The online form has very few questions.

But we got there, and I received confirmation of my settled status an hour ago! Just one question - my status is in my maiden name - I am italian- but they haven't used my married name (despite the fact I declared it, and all the paperwork I sent was in my married name). Is this normal?

It should be in the name as it appears on your passport, as that's where the data is read from.

If you think we have helped, you may consider supporting us so we can continue helping others:
      Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Yay! I received my settled status today. It took me a long time to apply, as I had trouble getting all the relevant information I needed to apply. I knew I would be asked to give complementary information, so I made sure - thanks to you guys- that I would have everything I needed - and more. So after storing 7kg of paperwork, I finally gathered the courage to apply on the 25th of May 2020. Having been mainly at home, with short periods of work (mostly self-employed), I had a very patchy history. Luckily I have had private insurance since my arrival (in 2009), but all I could submit, except a few bills in my name, were my bank records. My husband managed to zip everything for me - without him I would have been lost. It was very stressful, took us 5hours to complete the online request, and my hubby (who's British) was shocked at the way the questions were formulated. But we got there, and I received confirmation of my settled status an hour ago! Just one question - my status is in my maiden name - I am italian- but they haven't used my married name (despite the fact I declared it, and all the paperwork I sent was in my married name). Is this normal?
        Well done! Congratulations!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
        X