Peace and Solidarity

Announcement

Collapse

THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED

The site will remain online as a resources repository.

Unfortunately, our existing funding has come to an end and trusts and organisations these days have other funding priorities. We have achieved what we set out to do since the referendum in 2016, which was to help as many people as possible, to secure their status here in the UK after Brexit. It was a great pleasure to be here for all of you during all these years and to share the joy of all your success stories. Each and every success made our day, as did your support and very kind words.

See more
See less

Changes to Good Character Guidance 30/09/2020

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSI SUCCESS Changes to Good Character Guidance 30/09/2020

Hello,
    I applied for British Citizenship on the 20/09/20
    arrival 2010
    From 2015 to 2020 I have 4 years self-sufficient and CSI and 1 year Settled Status and CSI, for the 5 years qualifying period
    Never applied for PR
    from 2010 to 2014 I have no CSI didn't even know it did exist
    Now the rules have changed from 5 to 10 years period, do you need to prove your were living in the UK lawfully, and is this new update applying to applications made before that date?
    Vey worried
    thanks for listening

Originally posted by CCarla View Post
    Hello,
    I applied for British Citizenship on the 20/09/20
    arrival 2010
    From 2015 to 2020 I have 4 years self-sufficient and CSI and 1 year Settled Status and CSI, for the 5 years qualifying period
    Never applied for PR
    from 2010 to 2014 I have no CSI didn't even know it did exist
    Now the rules have changed from 5 to 10 years period, do you need to prove your were living in the UK lawfully, and is this new update applying to applications made before that date?
    Vey worried
    thanks for listening
    Morning,

We have covered that here: The good character guidance, treaty rights and CSI - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

...where you'll find:
    Applications already submitted and in progress

A number of members who did not meet the treaty rights criteria submitted their applications before the Home Office updated their guidance on this on May 15th. So far, they have all been successful, so this would indicate that they are exercising discretion with the applications already submitted, as they could leave themselves open to a legal challenge if they refused applications made when the applicant was not aware that any of this would be taken into account, so we expect something similar in this respect. So far, we have seen no refusals on these grounds.

If the application was submitted before the guidance was updated, there is no reason for the application not to be successful.

Also note that the rules didn't really change from 5 to 10 years, you'll find a full explanation in the post linked above.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Thank you!!!!! Hopefully!!! I applied and paid the fees on the 20/09/2020 is this the application date? Or is it the date after Biometrics is taken and they start considering your application?

Comment

Thank you!!!!! Hopefully!!! I applied and paid the fees on the 20/09/2020 is this the application date? Or is it the date after Biometrics is taken and they start considering your application?
        The application date is when it was submitted online.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities.

Comment

Thanks again for your reply,

My appointment for Biometrics is in a few days. Is it better to add a cover letter to explain that I was never aware of the requirement in remaining 10 years, or best to leave it as it is, as I applied before the new update and I was not aware they would change it to 10 years...?

Comment

Thanks again for your reply,

My appointment for Biometrics is in a few days. Is it better to add a cover letter to explain that I was never aware of the requirement in remaining 10 years, or best to leave it as it is, as I applied before the new update and I was not aware they would change it to 10 years...?
            You have already submitted the application. I would leave it.

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities

Comment

Thanks all of you!!!

Comment

Best of luck and don't forget to keep us posted!

Comment

Hi, and...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I just wanted to let you know my application has been successful, I wish everyone good luck with theirs

Comment

Hi, and...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, I just wanted to let you know my application has been successful, I wish everyone good luck with theirs

Hello,

This is excellent news, I'm very happy for you!

Comment

If you think we have helped, you may consider supporting us so we can keep helping others: Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

Comment

Comment

Fantastic news! Congratulations!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities

Comment

Working...
                          X