Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fpn

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Success Fpn

    Hello. I am applying for British Citizenship. Back in 2006( i don't remember the exact date) i was shopping and put an item of shopping in the bag i was carrying the shopping basket in instead of the actual basket, was a mistake, got stopped outside the shop, after i paid for the items in the basket, and police got called. I explained what happened, i admitted to being careless, it was my fault, mistake or not, and got a fine, i am pretty sure it was a fixed penalty notice, which i paid shortly after. My question is, do i need to declare this on the AN form, does it mean i have a criminal record? This was the only time this happened in my life and had to deal with police in UK. Thank you.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Miki View Post
    Hello. I am applying for British Citizenship. Back in 2006( i don't remember the exact date) i was shopping and put an item of shopping in the bag i was carrying the shopping basket in instead of the actual basket, was a mistake, got stopped outside the shop, after i paid for the items in the basket, and police got called. I explained what happened, i admitted to being careless, it was my fault, mistake or not, and got a fine, i am pretty sure it was a fixed penalty notice, which i paid shortly after. My question is, do i need to declare this on the AN form, does it mean i have a criminal record? This was the only time this happened in my life and had to deal with police in UK. Thank you.
    Hello,

    Not sure whether you had a criminal record but, even if you did, any conviction would be well and truly spent by now. Our lawyers recommend declaring things like these, simply because the Home Office is often more concerned with things being concealed/left out/not mentioned, than with the issues themselves, being so long ago, it won't affect the application.

    I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

    Comment


    • #3
      We have put together the following resources which should be your starting point....and, before going further, you should also be aware of the potential impact on family members you may wish to sponsor in the future.

      Please note that, if applying with settled status, it may also be necessary to show you were exercising treaty rights for the previous 3 or 5 years, as noted here:
      Employment, financial requirements and treaty rights for citizenship - UKCEN Citizenship and Residence for European Nationals and their families

      I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you for your response

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello. Does the blue registration certificate need to be declared under other UK immigration applications on the citizenship form? I have the blue card issued in 2007 it says Registration Certificate. Thank you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Miki View Post
            Hello. Does the blue registration certificate need to be declared under other UK immigration applications on the citizenship form? I have the blue card issued in 2007 it says Registration Certificate. Thank you.
            Morning,

            Post moved to your thread to keep it all together.

            I notice you are an A2 national, in which case you are referring to the blue card that would have given you authorisation to work, as opposed to just the generic registration certificate (which also comes in a blue card holder), that any EEA national coud apply for. In this case, I'd list it as an immigration application.

            I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok. Thank you so much for helping on this forum. Im sure i will have more questions as the application at yimes is ambiguous and confusing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Miki View Post
                Ok. Thank you so much for helping on this forum. Im sure i will have more questions as the application at yimes is ambiguous and confusing.
                If you have more questions about this same application, kindly post them up on this thread so we can keep it all together.

                I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hello again. I am really confused now. For previous immigration applications:
                  1. I came to UK in 2003 with working visa i obtained in Romania
                  2. at the end of that visa, while in UK, i applied for another one which i got, at the end of it left for Romania
                  3. In 2005, applied for another visa while in Romania, as au pair, which i got
                  4. Since 2005 i have been here, no other applications than WRS and SS
                  Do i need to declare all those visas??
                  obviously have been in paid employment since 2007 after joining EU

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Miki View Post
                    Hello again. I am really confused now. For previous immigration applications:
                    1. I came to UK in 2003 with working visa i obtained in Romania
                    2. at the end of that visa, while in UK, i applied for another one which i got, at the end of it left for Romania
                    3. In 2005, applied for another visa while in Romania, as au pair, which i got
                    4. Since 2005 i have been here, no other applications than WRS and SS
                    Do i need to declare all those visas??
                    obviously have been in paid employment since 2007 after joining EU
                    Hello again,

                    I don't see anything confusing there, you need to mention your immigration applications, and all those visa appilcations are immigration applications, as is settled status. If you don't know the exact dates or details, just provide whatever you know. The question is separate from the employment history for the last 10 years.

                    I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you. Also regarding CSI. I am applying as spouse of british citizen. Between 18th nov 2016 and 6th march 2017 i was unemployed but looking for a job at jobcentre every mon, wed and fri. Never used public funds as i had enough to support myself and was also in stable relationship with my husband. Did i need csi for that time, was i exercising my treaty rights then, should i be worried as it may affect my application? As i understand 6 months or less out of work is exercising treaty rights Many thanks again

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Miki View Post
                        Thank you. Also regarding CSI. I am applying as spouse of british citizen. Between 18th nov 2016 and 6th march 2017 i was unemployed but looking for a job at jobcentre every mon, wed and fri. Never used public funds as i had enough to support myself and was also in stable relationship with my husband. Did i need csi for that time, was i exercising my treaty rights then, should i be worried as it may affect my application? As i understand 6 months or less out of work is exercising treaty rights Many thanks again
                        Olga M (lawyer) am I correct in saying that because the applicant is the spouse of a British citizen, for the purpose of the UK citizenship application only the last 3 years of 'lawful residence' are required? Hence even if the applicant was not exercising treaty rights 3 years ago (and I am not saying she was not, since she seems to have exercised treaty rights as a job seeker in that period), this would not affect the application...in addition there is no requirement to provide 'lawful residence' beyond the last 3 years?

                        I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Would like to specify i had been working till then for 8 years, was inbetween jobs in that period

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Miki View Post
                            Would like to specify i had been working till then for 8 years, was inbetween jobs in that period
                            There is no need to specify this since they will be checking the work records in any case.

                            I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever now EEA nationals are subject to the same immigration requirements as non EEA nationals and require proof of valid status in the UK.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ClaudLatina View Post

                              Olga M (lawyer) am I correct in saying that because the applicant is the spouse of a British citizen, for the purpose of the UK citizenship application only the last 3 years of 'lawful residence' are required? Hence even if the applicant was not exercising treaty rights 3 years ago (and I am not saying she was not, since she seems to have exercised treaty rights as a job seeker in that period), this would not affect the application...in addition there is no requirement to provide 'lawful residence' beyond the last 3 years?
                              Yes, 3 years of "lawful residence" are required according to the guidance.

                              I am an Immigration Adviser and Director with Spectrum Visas LTD, authorised by the Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) to provide immigration advice and services. I am also a volunteer with UKCEN, where I provide one-off advice on a pro-bono basis. This advice should not be considered a substitute for formal legal advice. Please see Olga M for full details.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X