Please support us so we can help others

>> CLICK HERE TO START A NEW POST <<

(you need to log in to post)

Announcement

Collapse

IMPORTANT UPDATE

New Covid provisions for EU Settlement applications have been published. They include Provisions allowing an absence of over 12 months for people with pre-settled status, a provision for a second absence of up to 12 months and for choosing to spend time out of the UK over Covid related issues

See more
See less

Arrived in Dec 20

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for amazing support that you guys provide on this forum.

I have a query about myself being Non EEA close family member when my EEA spouse has already got Pre settled status.
    As far I am aware a Non EEA close family member can apply for Pre Settled status any time and dead line of 30 June 2021 does not apply. Please confirm, if it is correct.

I have unfinished business overseas and it may require myself leaving UK for more than 6 months or even 12 months. Once I have been granted or refused my current application for Pre Settled status, can I apply for it again in future after 30 June 2021 as long as my spouse keeps maintaining her Pre Settled status?

Comment

Originally posted by tchoco View Post
      Thanks again for amazing support that you guys provide on this forum.

I have a query about myself being Non EEA close family member when my EEA spouse has already got Pre settled status.
      As far I am aware a Non EEA close family member can apply for Pre Settled status any time and dead line of 30 June 2021 does not apply. Please confirm, if it is correct.

I have unfinished business overseas and it may require myself leaving UK for more than 6 months or even 12 months. Once I have been granted or refused my current application for Pre Settled status, can I apply for it again in future after 30 June 2021 as long as my spouse keeps maintaining her Pre Settled status?
      Morning,

There is no deadline for spouses to apply, I believe there will be one, but not until 2026.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick response.

A few more queries:
        ===============
        1. If I get my Pre Settled status, then lose it being out of UK for more than 2 years, am I able to apply again in say 2024 or 2025 since being spouse of EU Pre Settled person?

2. My spouse and son will be maintaining their Pre Settled status, eventually getting Settled status in 5 years. However, I may not be eligible for Settled application being out of UK for more than 6 months. If then in future, I decide to settle in UK, what would be my best path? Should it be re applying for Pre settled status after it expires in 2026 or another route? My son is born in UK and would be completing his studies here, probably getting eligible for British citizenship by then.

3. If I am able to apply again, will I need to come with EUSS family permit and then apply for EU settlement scheme. I think they are now not allowing visitors(even who enter UK via eGates ) to apply from inside UK.

After I wrote the above queries, it seems to me that I should never break more than 2 years absence rule. I can break more than 6 months rule and keep my Pre Settled status valid. I should ensure that I am in UK before my expiry of Pre Settled status date in 2026. Then, I can re apply for a new Pre Setled status from inside UK as I won't be eligible for applying for Settled status application.
        Last edited by tchoco; 14-05-2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I am pleased to let you guys know that as I finished writing the above message, I received an email from Home Office stating my application for Pre Settled status has bee successful and I have been granted LLR.

Now, we are just waiting for our 6 year old son's status application to be approved.
          He received his COA the first back in middle of Jan 2021 while we received our COAs at the end of Mar 2021. I believe, he will receive his status the last. I expect to receive it this evening, if not then next week.
          Last edited by tchoco; 14-05-2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I am pleased to let you guys know that as I finished writing the above message, I received an email from Home Office stating my application for Pre Settled status has bee successful and I have been granted LLR.

Now, we are just waiting for our 6 year old son's status application to be approved.
            He received his COA the first back in middle of Jan 2021 while we received our COAs at the end of Mar 2021. I believe, he will receive his status the last. I expect to receive it this evening, if not then next week.
            That's very good news, I'm very happy for you!

Holding off the full celebration and moving this thread to the successes area till you get your son's approval email.

I am the Site Manager and Webmaster, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and Responsibilities. If you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick response.

A few more queries:
              ===============
              1. If I get my Pre Settled status, then lose it being out of UK for more than 2 years, am I able to apply again in say 2024 or 2025 since being spouse of EU Pre Settled person?
              It may be possible, since the info I've seen refers to spouses being able to apply till 2026, but we are looking too far into the future to have any certainty.

2. My spouse and son will be maintaining their Pre Settled status, eventually getting Settled status in 5 years. However, I may not be eligible for Settled application being out of UK for more than 6 months. If then in future, I decide to settle in UK, what would be my best path? Should it be re applying for Pre settled status after it expires in 2026 or another route? My son is born in UK and would be completing his studies here, probably getting eligible for British citizenship by then.
              As things stand right now, pre-settled status can only be extended by making a new application based on residence before the end of last year, something that a number of members have been doing, but not applicable to yourself, since you've just got your status granted today. Currently there are no provisions to enable people to extend their pre-settled status in the future, so it may be necessary to find another route, based either on work or family. However, immigration rules do change frequently, so it's very hard to predict what could be in place in 5 years' time.

3. If I am able to apply again, will I need to come with EUSS family permit and then apply for EU settlement scheme. I think they are now not allowing visitors(even who enter UK via eGates ) to apply from inside UK.
              As things stand now, only those family members who were living here before the end of last year are able to apply from inside the UK, those not living here last year need a family permit. Again, things may change in the future.

After I wrote the above queries, it seems to me that I should never break more than 2 years absence rule. I can break more than 6 months rule and keep my Pre Settled status valid. I should ensure that I am in UK before my expiry of Pre Settled status date in 2026. Then, I can re apply for a new Pre Setled status from inside UK as I won't be eligible for applying for Settled status application.
              As above, there is no real guarantee of being able to apply for pre-settled status again, it may be possible as a spouse of an EU national with EUSS status, but, as you can imagine, this hasn't been tested yet, since the EUSS only opened two years ago, we are still 3 years away from people's pre-settled status running out.

Comment

Thanks a lot, once more!
                My son received today his approval as well.

I am putting below the timelines.

My Wife (EEA)
                ===
                Applied: 14 Jan 2021
                COA: 31 Mar 2021
                Approval: 11 May 2021

My Son (EEA)
                =====
                COA: 18 Jan 2021
                Approval: 17 May 2021

Myself (Non EEA)
                =====
                Biometrics: 10 Feb 2021
                Approval: 14 May 2021

Now, I am waiting for my BRC card.
                As per the letter from Home office, it says I should receive it within 10 days.

Comment

Thanks a lot, once more!
                  My son received today his approval as well.

I am putting below the timelines.

My Wife (EEA)
                  ===
                  Approval: 11 May 2021

My Son (EEA)
                  =====
                  COA: 18 Jan 2021
                  Approval: 17 May 2021

Myself (Non EEA)
                  =====
                  Biometrics: 10 Feb 2021
                  Approval: 14 May 2021

Now, I am waiting for my BRC card.
                  As per the letter from Home office, it says I should receive it within 10 days.
                  Afternoon,

I'm very happy to see the family is now all sorted!

Time for a full celebration!

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Please let me know, how I can contribute via donation.
                    How much is generally an average contribution?

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Please let me know, how I can contribute via donation.
                      How much is generally an average contribution?
                      Brilliant news for all - congratulations!

Here is the link to the donation site, there you can see how much other people have donated, but please remember any donation is very welcome and much appreciated! Thank you in advance for any contribution you will make.

Help us support EEA Nationals securing their status after Brexit | Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

I got my BRC card today via Fedex parcel. It took 4 working days to get it after Pre Settlement approval.

Comment

I got my BRC card today via Fedex parcel. It took 4 working days to get it after Pre Settlement approval.
                          That's very good news, extremely fast!

Comment

Brilliant news!

I am the Group Founder and also an Admin, please refer to our Admin Team, Roles and ResponsibilitiesIf you think we have helped in any way, please support us so we can keep helping others secure their status, it is now more important than ever as the deadline approaches.

Comment

Working...
                            X